Am I too short for Merida Silex 160cm.

kojo7864
kojo7864 Posts: 3
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
I am looking for a gravel bike and merida silex looks amazing. I have been told Merida silex has a different sizing system and even riders that are 175cm tall rides their small size bike at frame size 47. The smallest silex manufactured is size 44 frames. I was wondering, me being only 160cm if I could be riding the silex. If not could you recommend me a gravel bike for my size? I am after shimano 105, hydraulic disc, 2x11, tire clearance >40mm and alloy frames. Thank you.

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    The only way to find out is to find your local Merida supplier and try one out.
  • kojo7864
    kojo7864 Posts: 3
    Joe Totale wrote:
    The only way to find out is to find your local Merida supplier and try one out.
    I was hoping to just order online as it is not easy to find Merida Silex, where I live.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Unfortunately Merida are bit on the large side. I was after a Scultura when they were first released, but couldn't get a decent fit. I had to source a 47cm Reacto from France as the UK didn't stock or import one. Making do with the 50cm would have been a waste of money. The S Silex coming in with a near 55.5cm relative top tube would be a massive stretch and a struggle to sort by pulling the saddle forward.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    philthy3 wrote:
    Unfortunately Merida are bit on the large side. I was after a Scultura when they were first released, but couldn't get a decent fit. I had to source a 47cm Reacto from France as the UK didn't stock or import one. Making do with the 50cm would have been a waste of money. The S Silex coming in with a near 55.5cm relative top tube would be a massive stretch and a struggle to sort by pulling the saddle forward.

Blimey, they come out long!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/