Friday, it's June it's wetter than a haddocks swimming costume

surfercyclist
surfercyclist Posts: 894
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning. In work, it's raining. Off for 10 days as of 0700 so it's bound to continue to precipitate.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, weather is the same here as well , Nottingham wheelers sportive on Sunday let’s hope it brightens up before then
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    edited June 2019
    ning

not raining, yet

gmc, coffee, lab, early bail

wonder when the rain will start
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Fed up of the rain, which is ironic as this is my first dry Friday since I did the ultra

Normal service returned tomorrow night
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    Normal service returned tomorrow night
    Are you a time traveller?
    Wobbled in to work this morning and didn't get too wet, had to dodge a few puddles but no wet stuff falling from the sky. Today being fryday I will be going to the cafe and after work I'm supposed to be out for a colleague's 50th. Home first to dump the good bike and change.
    Roll on the weekend, and with any luck some summer.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Are you a time traveller?
    we're all time travellers, though not at the same velocity

been asked if i'll go to ex-commie lands and inflict some hard learning, but i find post-stalinist corruption depressing and the architecture lumpen, as is the food, think i shall be declining this one

not rained yet
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, woke up, soaking outside. I think now if it was dry I'd be confused rains Stockholm Syndrome'd me of similar.
    Wasn't raining coming in to start, even a couple of dry patches, normal service has been resumed though its now raining again.

Debating a short day because its Friday an I want to enjoy a pub garden (in the rain) because its what you do.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    No rain! Its Friday! Calloo Callay!

Just got to get through the normal gubbins, then hopefully an early bail.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,610
    Blxxdy metropolitan elites with their no rain. Continues to pzss it down in these parts. Frustrating as; I have so much stuff to do outside. Forecast says there may a glimmer of hope in a glimmer of sun by late afternoon. I fully expect such hope to be dashed in short order.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    London levels of air pollution would have been higher today, if anyone noticed. This is on account of Hoppy's commute after biscuits and milk before bed. It's all his fault.

No pineapple or radioactive references in today's thread title?
    I suppose change is as good as arrested.

Sticks, bistro, Porker and it's sunny. No, it's true.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Hoppy's commute after biscuits and milk before bed. It's all his fault.

I also had biscuits for breakfast - as there was nowt else in the cupboard. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast - 2 malted milks, 2 gingernuts and a large espresso made from Union's Revelation beans. 18 grams of beans, grind setting 5. 25 second extraction time.

Hopefully the supermarket delivery van will be coming later.
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:

Cancelled due to flooding.

The office joggers are back thoroughly disgruntled as the flood defences kicked in round the lake so they cant complete a full lap. Spent 15 minutes trying to explain all the lakes in Milton Keynes are linked balancing lakes but they still don't get it just claim its a stupid system that doesn't help them. Can't teach stupid!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Just done a survey in a well known take away burger restaurant... Not that I eat there anyway but if I did I certainly wouldn't ever again.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

The office joggers are back thoroughly disgruntled as the flood defences kicked in round the lake so they cant complete a full lap. Spent 15 minutes trying to explain all the lakes in Milton Keynes are linked balancing lakes but they still don't get it just claim its a stupid system that doesn't help them. Can't teach stupid!

But hang on, Milton Keynes is stupid.
    Death by roundabout and that damn matrix at that whatever it's called shopping place (with added speed bumps).
    There's few places worse than MK - Reading and Swindon oh and Bristol and Cumbernauld and East Kilbride. Well, there's a few but that's beside the point.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Hoppy's commute after biscuits and milk before bed. It's all his fault.
    I also had biscuits for breakfast - as there was nowt else in the cupboard. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast - 2 malted milks, 2 gingernuts and a large espresso made from Union's Revelation beans. 18 grams of beans, grind setting 5. 25 second extraction time.
    We have an office cake sale on so I had 4 pieces of cake for breakfast. It was raining too hard to go out for a bacon butty.

The rain stopped about 11 and it's pretty dry outside, so now the roads aren't flooded 2 way lights have appeared everywhere and the Friday TT looks like it will be cancelled. At least there's a pub at the start :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I think - unexpected interference from third parties aside - that I may have officially quit work.

Permanently. :D

Still need to run the numbers past someone who really knows what they're doing, but on the face of it, I think I'm in good shape. No mortgage, no debt, no dependents...

Now the list of jobs to do round here will see some meaningful progress.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

But hang on, Milton Keynes is stupid.
    Death by roundabout and that damn matrix at that whatever it's called shopping place (with added speed bumps).
    There's few places worse than MK - Reading and Swindon oh and Bristol and Cumbernauld and East Kilbride. Well, there's a few but that's beside the point.

True it is a sprawling hell hole Bill Bailey summed it up nicely as Satan's Layby. Id say Stevenage is up there with it, they are based on the same grid system plan. Certainly hell though, thankfully I'm just outside an can avoid it usually.
    Thankfully I'm in a small village just beside it, my only gripe is MK is slowly expanding but I think we are safe for a while yet.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I think - unexpected interference from third parties aside - that I may have officially quit work.

Still need to run the numbers past someone who really knows what they're doing, but on the face of it, I think I'm in good shape. No mortgage, no debt, no dependents...

Sounds good.
    I'm sure the list of jobs will just increase.
  • hopkinb

:D

Bliss.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Well done Spinner, good luck with the sums and the person that can count.
    We've had rain, it wasn't supposed to according to the forecast but I can't say I was surprised. Put a waterproof on for the walk to the cafe to ensure we didn't get rained on, it worked and the rain held off for a while.
    Milton Keynes has a severe lack of cafes, or at least it did.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb wrote:

Bliss.
    Especially if the OH is still working.

Hot day over in Clogsville, now headed back to the airport where I'll have time for a drink. Last night was hot as well and the air con in the hotel was crap so had to keep the windows open and got the frikkin church bell tolling though the night on the hour. Nice place with bags of character though, apparently the oldest hotel in The Netherlands.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Bliss.

Hot day over in Clogsville, now headed back to the airport where I'll have time for a drink. Last night was hot as well and the air con in the hotel was crap so had to keep the windows open and got the frikkin church bell tolling though the night on the hour. Nice place with bags of character though, apparently the oldest hotel in The Netherlands.
    OH retired a long time ago, so I'm just catching up...

I stayed in a place in Amsterdam on Prinzengracht many moons ago on a work trip which was allegedly 300+ years old... was a good change from the usual bland hotel rooms!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Bliss.

OH retired a long time ago, so I'm just catching up...

I stayed in a place in Amsterdam on Prinzengracht many moons ago on a work trip which was allegedly 300+ years old... was a good change from the usual bland hotel rooms!
    This place was already in existence in 1397 (earliest surviving record).
    https://www.hoteldedraak.nl/website/en/
    I guess the air con was just as good then.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Holy dry roads Batman! Just back from a quick spin and it was dry, helped by a strong wind. To balance things out though, it's just started to spit with rain again. As you were....
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123

Congratulations!

Don't tell anyone but I just got the heads up that they may be persuading me to do the same by the end of the year.
    Any tax advisers on here tell me how I keep the redundancy money away from HMRC?? Chuck anything over £30k into a pension?