'ning

coffee, many webexes

at least the rain has stopped, roll-on heatwave and drought
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining in Lincolnshire still, roll on the heatwave
  • Morning, in work on night shift but soon to be off to bed. And it's stopped raining....hang on...no it's started again.

In other news, gutted for Froome and by all accounts it's really serious. Intensive care etc, hope he's going to be OK.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No rain finally, just need CyB to have no rain and dry completely before Saturday, don’t think it’s going to happen
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Catching a flight to some place below sea level so currently sitting in City airport waiting for my cooked brekky to turn up. Didn't want to get up at stupid o'clock so stayed in a hotel last night which was duller than the weather.

Onwards to meeting the Dutch minions.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited June 2019
    Morning
    No rain at home, rain at work. Dug out the mudguards for the half mile ride from the car to the office, might come in handy if the local TT is still on tonight.
    Update: Cancelled already despite a reasonable forecast for later.
    TLW1 wrote:
    No rain finally, just need CyB to have no rain and dry completely before Saturday, don’t think it’s going to happen
    Nah it won't dry out but should be OK to ride apart from Big Dug which is always soft, I think the rain's not been quite as bad over there so the bridges shouldn't have been washed away this time... :roll:
    Your park and pedal spot is currently a river btw.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Still heavy rain here, forecast says to continue off and on like this most of the day including around 2pm when the Women's Tour is due to reach QoM on Sun Rising Hill / Edgehill. Shame. But I don't fancy cycling there for an hour plus, standing around in these temps, then cycling back, all in wet wet. Pah. Gym session beckons.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Nah it won't dry out but should be OK to ride apart from Big Dug which is always soft, I think the rain's not been quite as bad over there so the bridges shouldn't have been washed away this time... :roll:
    Running not riding :(
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Could be swampy then, and slippery
    Air ambulance cover is pretty good around there though :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

sitting in a car park drinking coffee before going to bambino's school assembly, then onwards. tired around the edges so may have a discreet snooze in the eecret cupbowrd when i get to work.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    :) 24 mph winds forecasted - might be an issue for the air ambulance!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Resplendent in the gloom in Peugeot Michelin jersey. Smashing all and sundry due to powaah awesome being deployed. Well, I was wearing the jersey and it was a bit gloomy. Forecast is for more gloom and some rain. Early bail to collect mini, so that's good.

My chain is getting a lot of TLC at the moment, regular wipe downs, regular gt85ing and regular lubeing. I keep telling it that it shouldn't expect this kind of treatment, that it's only the rain making me so attentive, but it's becoming ever more demanding. I long for the dry days of winter when I could just let it accumulate black gunge which kept everything nice and quiet and smooth.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, I'm off to buy a canoe some rope an lasso some ducks to fashion an eco means of transport seeing as the rain is coming down in biblical volumes here. I literally have a stream going along the end of my drive down the hill now.

Other news national day of mourning for Froome, trying to get management to agree. Just read this which made me chuckle for sinister reasons.

"Froome was riding with Ineos team-mate Wout Poels when he crashed next to a parked ambulance into a house."
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    It wouldn't be the first time that was needed :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    CBA to read all the posts because yesterday I thought it was tomorrow and now it's today which is not tomorrow and I don't know whether i'm coming or going.
    Though, on the upside, it doesn't feel like a Friday.

Must go torque some bolts to 20nm.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Pinno wrote:

Must go torque some bolts to 20nm.

Laters.

What today or. Tomorrow?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Its not biblical here, just miserable and grey.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sungod wrote:
    at least the rain has stopped, roll-on heatwave and drought
    Not the case here, I admire your optimism.
    Another busy day here, we now have an abundance of water. It's in the pipes where it should be and it's also falling out of the sky rather noisily. Just had some cake which was very good, need to go in search of lunch soon. Cake has fended off the need for a while.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    yeah, rain started again, and again, and again
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...that it's only the rain making me so attentive, but it's becoming ever more demanding.

Muc-off or Finish line wet lube.
    I think the Muc-off pips the Finish line by a wet whisker.
  • Stevo_666
    Its dry over here in Clogsville. Time to bail and go for dinner shortly.
  • Actually dry here and a hint of sun BUT rain due later. Working tonight so hopefully dry tomorrow for a spin.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    tired. really tired. need to sleep but da's taxi and packing.

#tired
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...that it's only the rain making me so attentive, but it's becoming ever more demanding.

Muc-off or Finish line wet lube.
    I think the Muc-off pips the Finish line by a wet whisker.
    I have the muc off ceramic la-di-dah wet lube. It's been so wet it has been stripped off every day. Today was dryish, so it has remained in situ, and started to accumulate protective black gunk. This is pleasing.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    [...started to accumulate protective black gunk...

Precisely.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    it was bone dry outside when I woke up, it biblically rained 5mins into the commute and for the rest of the way in, got to work put my bag down to lock up the bike, just as bike shed started to flood, grabbed the bag quickly, forgot Id just laid my phone on it, and it nose dived into the concrete and dented a corner. spent whole day trying to dry kit out at my desk as Ive only got a locker to leave stuff in they seemed to have turned the heating off in the drying room, Id left my helmet and lights in the locker...under some arm warmers Id hung up to dry...yep they deposited all their water onto the inside of the helmet and the lights...ride home constant head wind, gusts of 25mph... at least it dried the kit out

its the weekend soon isnt it ?
  • thistle_
    awavey wrote:
    Tomorrow will seem lovely by comparison.

I managed an hour's ride without getting wet this evening. Karma will be coming for me shortly
  • pinno
    awavey wrote:
    Tomorrow will seem lovely by comparison.

What day is it?! I'm confused.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Copped out today and will do so again tomorrow, may bimble in over the wkend perhaps. Did a bit of running as punishment instead. I must be a heathen as I use 3 in 1 oil, call me old fashioned but it's always worked for me and doesn't cost me anything either.

Heinous crime. Flagellate for 6 hours to repent thy sin.
    However, if you meant covering yourself in 3 in 1 because of the weather, this may catch on.
  • hopkinb
    Drinking milk. Eating malted milk biscuits. Rock and roll gut.
  • pinno
    It's a good combo Hoppy.
    Is that your secret to all that powaa?

I'm on a health (weight loss) kick and the OH has bought choc chip cookies, ice creams... :roll: