wednesday is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

time is definitely out of sync, i'm sure this should be thursday, this century is all over the place

coffee, shout, shout more, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    edited June 2019
    We can but hope its Thursday. Agreeing on the Noah feeling its still raining here just that find drizzle rubbish.
    Get to moan at management today as I seen to be getting shoved slowly into being the IT minion, while the actual IT minions just drag their knuckles around an chase women.
  • Sigh, raining again with prospect of more rain. Todays ride binned, will hit the weights instead. Hopefully a weather window Friday to get out for a spin. Note I'm a confirmed fair weather cyclist so if it's raining before I set off, I don't.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    It's wet here. Apparently everywhere is flooded because it's "extreme" (like the winter) but it's not like a bit of rain is unusual around here. Driving home is going to be even more fun than normal.
    No ride this morning, I didn't think setting up the rollers in the kitchen at 5am would go down to well. I need to get out at some point to check my freshly trued wheel doesn't go snap when it gets ridden for real.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH so longer hound walk with time to divert the new river coming down the drive to the field next door

Later is a walk and another no ale night - bored bored bored
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Definitely not tomorrow yet as I'd have a haze all in my brain if it were Thursday. Hope that helps.
    Had to drive the Mrs in as it's the day before Thursday, I really don't like sitting in traffic. Managed to irritate a shouty man by blocking him from driving his little hatchback down the cycle lane in Twickenham. Irritating shouty blokes is always a good thing. Not much else going on outside the usual. Pub later, but I won't drink enough to be a TLW offset programme for the brewing industry.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sitting in a car park at the local H.E. college - spending the morning giving mock interviews to students who want to go uniformed services (emergency, forces, prison etc).

should be interesting - hopefully enlightening and enthusing but having met a couple of them before it may not be. but here is fingers crossed

#thefuture
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    well, this isn't going well for them by them........

#7Pfailure......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Just tell them you were taken from active duty after a piece of shrapnel flew up your anus. Should make things super awkward for them.

Just been reading some nonsense about Hydrogen heating, sounds safe!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Definitely not tomorrow yet as I'd have a haze all in my brain if it were Thursday. Hope that helps.

Maybe you have a haze which has altered your perception of time and this confirms that it is indeed Thursday.
    It should be Thursday, it feels like a Thursday.
    Step83 wrote:
    Just tell them you were taken from active duty after a piece of shrapnel flew up your anus. Should make things super awkward for them.

The story of how they extracted it would be interesting too.

Rain here. We seemed to have dodged the biblical stuff but it's making up for it now.

On another note, why can't I get things moving/why isn't anything moving?
    [This has nothing to do with my bowels].
    I'm going to get on the blower and be a shouty man and (attempt to) rattle some cages.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    Not enough WD-40: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dullhunk/7214525854
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    The story of how they extracted it would be interesting too.

Rain here. We seemed to have dodged the biblical stuff but it's making up for it now.

[This has nothing to do with my bowels].
    I'm going to get on the blower and be a shouty man and (attempt to) rattle some cages.

Laters.

Throw laxatives at them! I get to do shouty man shortly, some moron signed off on a project, now when we ask stuff about it he claims to have no knowledge of it an is trying to push the blame on me.

An the extraction story should be, graphic, they need to be taught the true horrors of life, that or get them to read up on the Tokaimura incident.

Side note, as someones just wondered past with one, whats the deal with these phone cases you put your bank cards in? Just seems like putting all your eggs in one basket.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Wet here too and it looks set in for a while and the excitement continues at HD Towers, tonight I've got a food shop to look forward to.

Oh well, in 14 days I'll be loading my bike onto a plane headed for sunnier climes.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Not enough WD-40: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dullhunk/7214525854

50% of that engineering flow chart is deeply flawed. 'WD' - Water Dispersal. For those plonkers who insist on owning archaic contraptions with equally archaic ignition systems susceptible to damp.
    Like Mini's. Where the dizzy* is right at the front and that silly hardboard shield disintegrates/is non existent.
    Innotec is far superior. It could even assist in the extraction of shrapnel.

*A Marigold Glove?

I hear VN's footsteps...
  • step83
    Does irritate me people insist on claiming Water Displacement, 40th formula is a lubricant. It clearly isn't. It doesn't help that the brand WD40 have branched out into lubricants etc so people still insist it is.

The Innoetec high teflon stuff is great though, in fact most of their sprays I've used have been good.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    The Innoetec high teflon stuff is great though...

Yeah sure but have you used to it extract shrapnel?
    [I cannot continue to use anecdotal evidence/made up sh1t, it preys on my conscience]
  • veronese68
    Step, step, step... Hardboard shield got superseded by plastic, still not great.
    Had no mains water in this area since a little before 9. Our water tanks are now empty, the ladies is getting stinky by all accounts so people are going to be sent home shortly. I've still got loads to do so may end up staying on for a while longer. Very dull.
  • pinno
    Why only the ladies? Logic would suggest...
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    The Innoetec high teflon stuff is great though...

Yeah sure but have you used to it extract shrapnel?
    [I cannot continue to use anecdotal evidence/made up sh1t, it preys on my conscience]

Nope, possibly MF has?
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step, step, step...

Yes...
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Yes...

What's Uncle VN want?

#Ominous.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Yes...

What's Uncle VN want?

#Ominous.

Indeed, I'm no plumber so wont be any use in his current predicament.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Bit busy here, battles with HR and resourceful idiots in far flung places continues. 2 day trip to Clogsville starting early tomorrow which TBH I could do without. The weekend may involve hound hunting in some shape or form as the girls attempt to add another pet to the small menagerie. I'm sure that Muttley and Gnasher will get on famously if this happens.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...small menagerie...

One dog and some pond life.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Yes...

What's Uncle VN want?

#Ominous.

Indeed, I'm no plumber so wont be any use in his current predicament.

Does that tin of Teflon still have the long tube on it?
  • step83
    Lost that a while back, could just squirt it onto a bar so it runs down to the affected area?
  • pinno
    Depends if he squeaks when he walks. You may need a track pump.
  • step83
    I'd rather not know where that will go. Am I right in thinking VN is in the area thats lacking water currently? Burst pipe in Hampton making national news.
  • veronese68
    Yes, now at home making use of water supply. Stayed on an extra couple of hours to sort some stuff out.
    Ladies bailed first as apparently their khazis got rather stinky. Blokes weren’t as fussed.
    The steps were the sound of my footsteps approaching as Piña commented up thread.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yes, now at home making use of water supply. Stayed on an extra couple of hours to sort some stuff out.
    Ladies bailed first as apparently their khazis got rather stinky. Blokes weren’t as fussed.
    The steps were the sound of my footsteps approaching as Piña commented up thread.

#bulletdodged

Speaking of hashtags, wheres MF, is he doing his finest Granddad routine "During the war"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...small menagerie...

One dog and some pond life.
    I have about 30 pets in total (unfortunately that's not the Geordie meaning)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Fish don't count.
    Advocate of disc brakes.