sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

rain, lots

gmc, coffee and webex, arrange jolly somewhere sunny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning. Up for work(grrr). Nice morning here but forecast for week is sh!te, hopefully improves by next weekend as off then for 10 days (woohoo). Anyway, oj, coffee, drive.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Fun meetings planned, might go running later or actually taper - really can’t decide
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    More than a little moist out there this morning, fitted mudguards to the green bike before I set off as it's supposed to be like this until Fryday if the forecast is to be believed.
    Thankfully my admin assistant is back so I'm only very busy again which is good. It certainly helps the time pass. Other than that a fairly standard Monday, starting on tea and will have a coffee shortly.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, can confirm the shire is wet and it is raining. Hopefully it does cheer up for the weekend I have some kind of meeting in smogville later in the week.
    Backward an downawrds to Friday!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Knowing that this morning was about the only one this week where it isn't going to be bucketing down I got our for a quick ride before work.

Knackered now though after a heavy weekend.

Gym tonight...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Feels like it should be hometime by now but still got several hours left.
    Knowing that this morning was about the only one this week where it isn't going to be bucketing down I got our for a quick ride before work.
    I did the same thing, although the forecast seems to have improved a bit for this afternoon. Average speed was a bit low this morning and rear wheel looks like it has a bit of a wobble in it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Rear wheel wobble... that reminds me.
    Damn new bearings are a pig to set up.

Not bucketing here. Forecast is better than the UK. Beeb weather people seem to be not mentioning the ling term forecast which is concerning.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Ling term were expecting more rain, you forget the ancient rain dance of cricket was being practised, its borked summer now.

Mood is slipping today already debating sacking off the day.
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    Rear wheel wobble... that reminds me.
    Damn new bearings are a pig to set up..
    I think mine is the rim/spokes from too many potholes. I would blame Wiggle but I think it was £10 cheaper at CRC or something.
    I'd like to give it to a shop to sort out but I reckon they'll just say it's not that bad and it's not worth doing.
    Step83 wrote:
    Ling term were expecting more rain, you forget the ancient rain dance of cricket was being practised, its borked summer now..
    We also had a pretty dry winter/spring this year ("extremely harsh winter" according to our council's highways dept) so it's payback time. Having said that it's still looking lovely outside 8) .
  • step83
    We also had a pretty dry winter/spring this year ("extremely harsh winter" according to our council's highways dept) so it's payback time. Having said that it's still looking lovely outside 8) .

Its currently hammering down here. I'm trying to work out what part of the winter was harsh, I know I'm in southern softie land but we didn't get much in terms of snow or long cold periods of weather. We had the odd cold snap but that was it.
    Still highways always claim it was harsh so they can avoid fixing potholes.
  • homers_double
    Heavens look set to open at the foot of the Pennines.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It has not stopped pleuting here by the Thames, and nor is it likely to. Mudguards, overshoes and posh waterproof kept out the worst of it.

Who or what is the main cause of the embiggenment of entropy?
  • homers_double
    Brexit?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Starting taking SB jr to nursery on the top-tube mounted bike seat. A WeeRide. Seems to be chirpy enough on the way in, but usually a bit grumpy on the way home due to tired/hunger and often a slight headwind (read: gentle breeze).

Went in today and although no wind, it was raining a fair amount. In spite of the crap weather he didn't seem to mind at all, which is awesome.

Saving me almost an hour a day not having to go with the pram.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sitting in a car park drinking coffee.

4 days left 'til I'm outta here ......

#packing.again......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Went in today and although no wind, it was raining a fair amount. In spite of the crap weather he didn't seem to mind at all, which is awesome.
    I like that post, especially that bit. If you don't make a big deal out of it nor will little SB, they learn a lot from us both good and bad.
    Usual caveats apply of course.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    One of the guys in my office has invited some visiting colleagues out mountain biking after work. I'm going with them because I feel I should but doing a blue route with some inexperienced riders sounds thoroughly dull. Hopefully they are nicer people outside of work.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    One of the guys in my office has invited some visiting colleagues out mountain biking after work. I'm going with them because I feel I should but doing a blue route with some inexperienced riders sounds thoroughly dull. Hopefully they are nicer people outside of work.
    If they're not then you'll have to accidentally take a wrong turn.
    Blue routes can be fun though - the blue route at Llandegla is great when you're trying for the KOM :D The blue route at CyB is pretty fun too.
  • shirley_basso
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I like that post, especially that bit. If you don't make a big deal out of it nor will little SB, they learn a lot from us both good and bad.
    Usual caveats apply of course.

He's only 6 months and he's getting better. The aversion to headwind is mainly due to some reflex reaction babies have, which is improving.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    You have a 6 month old strapped to your top tube? Tremendous.
    I waited until mini was a year before she went in the hamax rear seat to nursery. She used to do random hand signals.
  • shirley_basso
    Yep! I did a bit of research and just tried it out. As expected all babies are different so some are good from 5m and some need to wait much longer. As it happens he hated the first trip so I ended up just pushing him while he sat on the bike. Waited 2 weeks and it was a marked improvement.

It's only 1.5m each way and across a park and down some residential streets so it's fairly relaxed.