friday in an alternate universe where the pineapples aren't purple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, much coffee, stuff, blah blah blah, bail

looks like weather heading downhill, may be time to arrange a few meetings somewhere sunny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH for half a day as off to portmeirion for mother in laws birthday party. So obviously a quick pint went downhill yesterday fast
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I predict a busy day. Got a big acquisition going through and all of a sudden they've woken up about the tax issues :roll: hence the email from the CFO at 6.55am. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    surprise day off! huzzah! going to Dublin later to see The Cure! Huzzah! Huzzah!

#mascara
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    There's no cure for you.
    I recommend a witch doctor and an exorcist.

Sunny here - farq it, i'm off pedalling.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning, work same old same old. Still recovering from last nights xc ride. Need a lighter bike.

If you fill the frame with helium it should help

Rain, much rain also apparently we get some thunder later. Obviously I drove in, probably takes longer to drive in the cycle but I need tubes later.
  • pinno
    What point would be the optimum pressure of the helium before the weight of the helium itself would negate any advantages?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    What point would be the optimum pressure of the helium before the weight of the helium itself would negate any advantages?
    Googled it earlier: https://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/791/ ... ith-helium
    I think the internal volume of a road bike frame would be similar to a pair of tyres? If not scale accordingly.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    oi, enough of this muddled thinking

if you want to lighten the frame, you don't substitute a lighter gas for air, you pump it out, vacuum is lightest option

no use for tyres, but frames are stiff, unless the frame is really flimsy the atmospheric pressure shouldn't be too much for it (you can apply more force with a finger)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    sungod wrote:
    oi, enough of this muddled thinking

if you want to lighten the frame, you don't substitute a lighter gas for air, you pump it out, vacuum is lightest option

no use for tyres, but frames are stiff, unless the frame is really flimsy the atmospheric pressure shouldn't be too much for it (you can apply more force with a finger)

I can imagine accidents where frames break would be somewhat amusing as well at this point.

Decathlon raided some 80mm valve toobes bought four for just under a tenner so thats nice. Also found some simple black gloves in there so giving them a whirl.

Rain is still raining, apparently theres a thunderstorm headed our way but I think its propaganda to scare the ones in the office who are scared of them.

#Fakeweather
  • pinno
    Tell 'em that Pinno loves thunderstorms, the louder, the better.
  • step83
    Oh if it does kick off with one I'm off to sit on the balcony an enjoy it, the one above will act as a handy rain shield.

Mind you just checked, the nearest active storm cell is just north of Le Mans, so I'll send my mates some abuse while shes at work there.
  • thistle_
    :evil: There were a couple of rumbles of thunder here last night but nothing spectacular, just a brief hail storm with some hailstones a fair bit bigger than a 1/4 inch ball bearing.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    In other news, my next holiday is planned

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48560874

book those tickets Step.

you.
    the MFs
    Beer
    Ho's
    Blow
    The space station
    blow
    Ho's

its gonna rock

#space

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Blow = Space Dust

Id have to bring the OH though, mainly because she has bad vertigo
  • Matthewfalle
    cool - i'll bring tdv as she doesn't like things that rock, are noisy or are small.

#joyofwatchinghervomit

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    in gate ready to go to Dublin.

lots of really jivey people.

nonce in suit and glasses was being self important and lacked manners to the bar staff (no please ot thank you, acting like a nonce) so the bar manager pointed at him and in his loudest sotto voce voice said "this one here. too important to have manners."

how we laughed

#nonceinsuit
    #manners

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    in gate ready to go to Dublin.

lots of really jivey people.

nonce in suit and glasses was being self important and lacked manners to the bar staff (no please ot thank you, acting like a nonce) so the bar manager pointed at him and in his loudest sotto voce voice said "this one here. too important to have manners."

how we laughed

#nonceinsuit
    #manners
    Hope get cured MF :) We'll look after your house while you're gone.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Spent all week busting a gut coming in early, staying late, rearranging leave etc. to get something finished for today which was supposed to be done for next Friday, then get asked "where's the rest of it" which had pissed me off now for the rest of the evening.

Politely reminded them that they'd already moved the goalposts twice and so I'm sure that will bite me on the arse on Monday.

Going to do some more job hunting this evening.

Happy Friday!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Been a hellishly busy week, admin assistant has been away. Thankfully she’s back on Monday. Rode the pub hack in as it has mudguards and rain was raining this morning. Walked out of the office and it was dry and bright, by the time I’d fixed the hole in the tube and put the bike back together it was raining. Now sat on the couch with a beer, pizza in the oven.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Now sat on the couch with a beer, pizza in the oven.
    That's the spirit V.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Forgot to say enjoy the Cure MFs, hope it works.
  • step83
    Well, 28's went on lovely so now have some tasty tan walls on.

Oxo, sounds like a crap day all round just keep an eye, we both know what new managers can be like. Hopefully they will realise what ever the implement will bork an just go back to as is.
  • Matthewfalle
    just had tapas next to Keanu Reeves.

loads of fit burds here.

#feeloutofplace

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.