thursday imaging gravitational lensing of pineapple at cosmological distance

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

is it thursday? i lost track yesterday, if it's thursday i think it must be coffee to start and take it from there
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    SG confirmed Thursday all day unfortunately. Randomly poured down last night while I was walking the hound so she'd kindle is just soggy crap so something pile into the car later an dispose of.

Weather is indeed going to be crap suggest a brolley while riding
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Still recovering from the trauma of Wednesday's confusion where I realised all my plans were out by one month. I had been chasing docs and hotel booking for an accreditation i thought was next week. But no, it's another month to go! Painc at having done absolutely bugger all to prepare aleiviated, And breath.
  • Nice day here so plan is to trim back all the hedges around garden which is a BIG job. And knackering.
    Still, looks good when done.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Definitely Thursday and the sun is out here so had a nice ride in the sun on (mostly) quiet roads for a change. Went out KOM hunting this morning but failed. Forecast reckons it's going to stay sunny this evening now so might pop down to the local TT after work.
    oxoman wrote:
    NS guys abilities called into question by bosses so asked to prove qualifications and unable to do so and tried pulling race card and your only picking on him syndrome.
    We've got a muppet delivery driver from one of the other offices here. When he's told to stop doing something stupid or dangerous he does the same thing.
  • step83
    'ning
    Definitely Thursday and the sun is out here so had a nice ride in the sun on (mostly) quiet roads for a change. Went out KOM hunting this morning but failed. Forecast reckons it's going to stay sunny this evening now so might pop down to the local TT after work.
    oxoman wrote:
    NS guys abilities called into question by bosses so asked to prove qualifications and unable to do so and tried pulling race card and your only picking on him syndrome.
    We've got a muppet delivery driver from one of the other offices here. When he's told to stop doing something stupid or dangerous he does the same thing.

Someone at ours does similar, he pulls his magical Asperger's card out whenever anyone has a go at him. Despite the fact hes meant to be the IT guy an it took him two days to work out he needed to enable UFEI in the BIOS to build a laptop, meanwhile I'd built a stack of them, an I'm not meant to be doing that anymore.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

sunny and glorious here. going to Edwyn's for an ice cream

#armylife
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Wife is off the see the spice girls tonight in sunderland so I'm having the afternoon off and going for a decent ride.

Followed by the pub.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Dull as ditch water here. Wanted a pedal but I don't have a brolly.
    Yesterday's highlight saw me giving some lawn up to pitch a tent for an elderly French couple from Belfort who were starting the Southern Upland Way and then the Highland way as a 50th wedding anniversary expedition!
    I wasn't even born when they got married but Stevo was.

Laters.

#Brexitapology
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Wife is off the see the spice girls tonight in sunderland so I'm having the afternoon off and going for a decent ride.

Followed by the pub.

can ypu ask her to get some pictures of Geri please.

#fitas
    #smash

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired but through running not ale
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:

You do realise that your body can only sustain this level of punishment for so long?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning all, office again, prepping for client meetings next week. To give you an idea of how little I get out these days, I've just spent 2 hours on a call about looking at trees from space... (space as the viewpoint, not trees from space)
    Pinno wrote:
    Dull as ditch water here. Wanted a pedal but I don't have a brolly.
    Yesterday's highlight saw me giving some lawn up to pitch a tent for an elderly French couple from Belfort who were starting the Southern Upland Way and then the Highland way as a 50th wedding anniversary expedition!
    I wasn't even born when they got married but Stevo was.

Laters.

#Brexitapology

Not sure I fancy the Southern Upland way, it comes down the hill near my house after a presumably very boring stretch over from Wanlockhead
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Busy busy here. Good night out last night but probably should have skipped that last glass of plonk. Onwards towards more fights with HR over recruitment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Done a stupid an picked up the wrong tyres in a shop, what are the odds ill squeeze 28c tyres on a 15mm internal rim? I can get tubes easy enough.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Done a stupid an picked up the wrong tyres in a shop, what are the odds ill squeeze 28c tyres on a 15mm internal rim? I can get tubes easy enough.

you don't know 'til you tried it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Not got tubes yet though, so before I get them an try id prefer to be sure. mind you I could just use the tubes an tyres on another set of rims I know are wider. But tan walls one the carbons...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Maybe you need to buy another set of wheels to put them on?
  • step83

I like your thinking, my wallet less so, 2K for a new set of them (reynolds strikes) A set of Farsports is about a quarter of the price and has an 18mm ID so one for if i manage to burn these out.
  • pinno
    I really really recommend a pair of DA CL35's - about a qtr of that 2k and gorgeous.
    I suppose you could go for the 50mm versions if you must have deep sections for whatever silly reason or you live in a non windy part of East Angliru :roll:

...or you might like the whoop whoop whoop racket 'cos it makes you think you're going fast...
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

I like your thinking, my wallet less so, 2K for a new set of them (reynolds strikes) A set of Farsports is about a quarter of the price and has an 18mm ID so one for if i manage to burn these out.

come on Step, I expected better than this kind of talk off you.

just buy the wheels

#buythembuythembuythemnow

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    ...or you might like the whoop whoop whoop racket 'cos it makes you think you're going fast...

They don't make a racket until you hit 40 kph. At least carbon ones don't. The alloy ones are well noisy.
    Obvs 40kph is nowt for the MF's and their carrier pigeon or a pro, but it's a reasonable pace to hold solo on the flat for a fat accountant.

Dullness pervades. Florida approaches.

Have plans back from architect for remodelling back of house into a big kitchen/family room. Now to find a builder and a flat to move into.
  • hopkinb
    Though my wheels were only 700 quid.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

come on Step, I expected better than this kind of talk off you.

just buy the wheels

#buythembuythembuythemnow

Nope, not buying it, quite literally need to find some removeable core inner toobes now that go to 28c #Faff
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:

Nope, not buying it, quite literally need to find some removeable core inner toobes now that go to 28c #Faff
    How deep are your rims Step? My 50mm ones will take a 60mm valve easily enough, and that's all I've used since a valve extender thingy got stuck when I had a puncture and I had to carry the bike 2 miles to a shop.
  • step83
    66mm, just to be annoying

Looks like specialized do one so may go annoy Phil Corley
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    Ah. I see.
    Conti do a 25-32mm removable core tube. Race 28. That's what I used to use.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    TLW1 wrote:

You disgust me.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Ah. I see.
    Conti do a 25-32mm removable core tube. Race 28. That's what I used to use.

yes! this! CRC also knock them out cheap sometimes because they come in a plastic bag not a cardboard box

#thrifty
    #extended
    #sizematters

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.