Scott Scale 60 2010 Value ?

Jomox
Jomox Posts: 250
edited June 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hello, it's been a while since i was on here, hope everyone is good. Apoligies in advance if this is the wrong sub forum but not sure where to put this topic.

I'm relocating and where I'm going means my Scott sadly has to go (Need full rigid/slicks etc) but I've been out of the game for a while, and not sure the prices on everything and the value of my bike. I spent the best part of £600 on parts originally in 2012 building it, and have tried to get £450/£500 for the full bike but without much interest, would it be better to split it ?and is this an accurate value for this bike? any advise welcome.

Full specs and picture below with link to the original topic I made on here when the bike had just been finished with a slightly different spec. (Different tyres, seat, grips & pedals)

Current Spec:

Frame: Scott Scale 60 2010
Forks: Fox Talas RLC 2005
Wheels: A-Class Vetrax D2
Tyres: Schwalbe CX Comp
Bars: RaceFace Deus XC 3/4
Stem: RaceFace Ride XC 2012
Headset: Can't remember come with frame
Grips: Nukeproof Neutron
Brakes: Shimano SLX M665 Front & Deore M595 Rear
Rotors: Avid HS1 180mm & 160mm
Shifters: Shimano Deore M590
Chainset: Shimano SLX M600
Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace/XTR 7701
Cassette: Shimano Deore HG50 11-32
Front Mech: Shimano Deroe
Rear Mech: Shimano SLX Shadow M662
Pedals: Wellgo magnesium
Seatpost: Scott Components
Saddle: WTB Speed Comp

6GNuXEg.jpg

Original Build:
viewtopic.php?t=12880077

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I'm assuming it's a 26er and with a 14 year old fork. What size is it?
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    If you need it gone more than you need the money, put it on Ebay at 99p start. (Or keep it and change the tyres to something more suitable. i wouldn't change the fork for a rigid, it won't affect on road speed, or bob if you pump the pressures up)

i would have thought £2-300, dependant on condition.

Someone will be along in a minute to say its worth £1500...
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • Jomox
    I'm assuming it's a 26er and with a 14 year old fork. What size is it?

Yeah, and large frame it is. Fork still feels great though, regular services.
    Tom Howard wrote:
    If you need it gone more than you need the money, put it on Ebay at 99p start. (Or keep it and change the tyres to something more suitable. i wouldn't change the fork for a rigid, it won't affect on road speed, or bob if you pump the pressures up)

i would have thought £2-300, dependant on condition.

Someone will be along in a minute to say its worth £1500...

I've stuck it on ebay, see how it goes but will keep eye on it as don't want to let it go below £300 as this bike has been special to me over the years, a really great ride with great handling at medium to high speeds. Do you not think if i sold the parts i could get more? as working the second hand price out online looks about £450-£550? But then that means selling everything. Condition is generally very good, few marks/dents in frame but the usual wear and tear, everything else has been well looked after, and it's not really done many miles over the years, it's really not been used as much as it's deserved as it's a great ride and bike overall for the spec, very light also considering the age/spec (under 12kg)

I'm going to get something totality different to where I'm going, more racer / hybrid.
  • tom_howard
    Yeah you'll probably get more for splitting, but I'd bet you won't sell everything. Every bike i've broken up and sold has had parts left over that collectively are worth a bit, but individually not worth the bother. So I only sell bikes whole now, unless I'm reusing a lot of the parts for another build. even then I'm left with stuff no-one wants
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    The bike has less appeal complete and might get you more if you split.

Sadly, what you think it is worth is less to everybody else. Sentinental value certainly doesn't come into it.

The used bike market it tough, particularly for 26" bikes.

Good luck with it.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    RULE 16, chaps.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • tom_howard
    JBA wrote:
    RULE 16, chaps.

Given the traffic the MTB forum gets, I would have thought anything not illegal or bullying would be allowed, if only for the sake of any increase in traffic...
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
  • Jomox
    Tom Howard wrote:
    JBA wrote:
    RULE 16, chaps.

Given the traffic the MTB forum gets, I would have thought anything not illegal or bullying would be allowed, if only for the sake of any increase in traffic...

Didn't notice that rule "don't post asking how much is this" but no harm intended, just was looking for advise, i'm out of the game and hard to find prices online of this exact spec or where else to ask to advise.
    BillyCool wrote:
    The bike has less appeal complete and might get you more if you split.

Sadly, what you think it is worth is less to everybody else. Sentinental value certainly doesn't come into it.

The used bike market it tough, particularly for 26" bikes.

Good luck with it.

Seems the overall age and it being 26er is a put of now, and on top of that pretty decent modern bikes going for good prices used, disappointed as the actual value is worth more then what it can sell for but that's the market today it looks like, and it's to much work splitting it, but still hoping can manage to get 300 of someone. Looks like also would sell easier abroad, like in spain/italy.