Endura Pro SL II bibs

Midlands Grimpeur
Midlands Grimpeur Posts: 340
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Does anyone use the Endura Pro SL II bibs? In need of replacing shorts and was thinking of giving these a go as I have been impressed with a few other bits of endura clothing I have had over the last 12 months. Any impressions on fit, comfort, longevity etc. would be appreciated.

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Have been using FS260 Pros for the past year and am pleases with fit and continued 'hold'. No bagginess in material yet. Grippers grip. Sizes is 'normal' - M fits me at 5'10", 33" waist. Pad is comfy although I think these come in different widths so you may need to get the right one for you.
  • -Dash
    -Dash Posts: 179
    I have Pro SL II's and FS260 Pros. The Pro SL's feel nicer to the touch but in practice I find the pad **less** comfortable. Not bad but the FS260s are much better.

They size up kinda big compared to the likes of Castelli etc. I'm using Small where I'd use Medium in Castelli. The Pro SLs are certainly more of a compression fit but not uncomfortable.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    I can't remember which models I have ( I've got 2 pairs) but theyre the higher end versions and are pretty much my go to shorts.

Nothing is ever going to mask the feeling of sitting on a saddle for three or four hours but these are good shorts.

Good fit, lasted me a while and size wise reflect your regular clothing sizes rather than the likes of Castelli which I'd be about 4XL
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    Hmmm, I have several pairs of the (I think) FS 260's - the ones that come in different leg length and pad width.

I generally wear small in Rapha and Castelli, but can cram myself into XS with these ones, and with the narrow pad that I chose (Arione saddles) they are bl00dy comfortable - I went for long leg, have one pair of regular, and they are too hot pantesque for my liking = no outdoor use for these!

This is no slight on the shorts, but I tend to use them for turbo sessions, as I have some plusher shorts I keep for my less usual outoor rides - that said I am due to start commuting a proper distance tail end of this year, so that may have changed by this time next year.

Only one pair have caused me any issue - the red grippers on one pair, have come off of one leg only, no issue caused with turbo use that I can tell though, and I have fairly hammered them, so not bothered about it.
    Pad appears to stand up well to abuse, where as some of my other shorts you can see the pad is compressed and creased in places.

Managed to pick mine up from Rutland I think it was, for something nuts like £45 a pair.

Is the PRO SL an evolution for the 260 then?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Thanks all for the replies, very helpful. I have got a pair on order.

@Daniel B - yeah I think they are a slight upgrade from the FS 260's. We are a similar size so I have taken your advice with sizing, gone for the longer leg as well as I prefer shorts that offer better coverage!
  • daniel_b
    Thanks all for the replies, very helpful. I have got a pair on order.

@Daniel B - yeah I think they are a slight upgrade from the FS 260's. We are a similar size so I have taken your advice with sizing, gone for the longer leg as well as I prefer shorts that offer better coverage!

Nice one MG, do come back and report on how you find them for fit and comfort etc please :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    Daniel B wrote:
    Only one pair have caused me any issue - the red grippers on one pair, have come off of one leg only

I had the same issue with mine. Pad was great but the grippers peeling off and the fact that long leg wasn't that long means I wouldn't buy them again.
  • Our club uses these bibs and I have never had any issues with them.
  • daniel_b
    Our club uses these bibs and I have never had any issues with them.

I've clearly bought two iterations of these shorts, the ones with the red grippers, where looks like two of us have had issues, and some later ones I assume, that have more of a white criss cross gripper vibe going on - these seem more solid, and also must be better as they are not red.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Nice one MG, do come back and report on how you find them for fit and comfort etc please :-)

Managed to get a few rides in the new bibs these week and am very happy with them. Fit is spot on (good call with the longer leg length :D ). The leg openings are narrow as well which suits me, I often end up sending shorts back as they are loose around the knee/lower thigh but these are just right. They do have the red leg grippers which look like they are transfer printed perhaps? Hopefully I won't have any issues longer term with them. I went for the narrow pad and it is the smallest pad I have seen in a pair of shorts which had me slightly concerned, but to be fair it is comfortable, no issues with it so far. The lycra is also a bit thicker than the Rapha Pro Team they are replacing as well which I prefer. Overall I can't find much to fault them on so far.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    I have three pairs I’m very happy with them. Though detergent tends to stay in the pads leaving to bubbles when it rains :)
  • eldarp
    eldarp Posts: 5
    edited May 2020
    I would buy Endura Pro SL II bibs but I need help choosing a size. I am 183 cm tall, insame 86 cm and waist 102 cm which size would suit me?
    Thanks
  • TBH, although I love most Endura gear I’ve been less enamoured with the Pro SL IIs (and the FS260s, FWIW). I’ve tried two long (for me, anyway - 70+ miles) rides in them this month, and I’ve not been very comfortable. I’ll switch back to my old shorts for the next ride I do and see how they feel, but I’ve certainly done longer in the old shorts with zero comfort issues in the past.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.