sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gyming, webexing, zapping, possible bubbly night out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, on my way to work again , hopefully cycling later depending on the weather
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Seems to be a load of wet stuff falling out of the sky and looks set to continue all day.
    A bit of a storm is brewing at work, tried to defuse it a bit last night but we'll see how that goes later today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not a fan of rain. WFH so extended walk with hound m, no running after three hard days of training

So later is undecided
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

day off but bambina chores and doing up a rental pad so that'll be the whole day until sitting in a car park chore.

oh - also need to sort a new battery for THE MIGHTY HONDA as all the SHEER POWERRRRRR its putting out has phucked this one.

#discharge
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Motor in for service this morning so was planning on a ride but piddling down here so will look for a wave instead.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Dad's taxi, ride out, mutt walking. Thistle when you've finished with the bomb squad send them my way, need to defuse OH. Currently fizzing like a sticky bomb about to blow.

having discovered TDNFNATN's new look i also know of a sticky bomb ready to explode

#mine.allmine.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, rather grey an non de script outside. No ordnance to defuse here, quite happy to allow any to detonate today, hopefully cordite in small confined areas, if not ill settle for a white phosphorous
    few rather naff weeks ahead so may do some vanishing or similar.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Dad's taxi, ride out, mutt walking. Thistle when you've finished with the bomb squad send them my way, need to defuse OH. Currently fizzing like a sticky bomb about to blow.

having discovered TDNFNATN's new look i also know of a sticky bomb ready to explode

#mine.allmine.

In 'Molly and Mack'?! That short hair eeek, those wrinkles, eeek...

Christ it's dull. If Oxo could stream live coverage of his OH, that would be fun.
    Rollers methinks. I looked in the shed and decided that there wasn't enough wood to build and Ark in the face of the impending deluge. Then I had a brainwave; i'll turn the shed upside down.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    nah - she's all lovely and cute. still no1 chick.

#lush,see

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno

#lush,see

She has a partner. He's a bit of a bad boy. So, I don't know how you can compete with a man who pops Ketamine for fun:

"In October 2008 McCourt was filmed outside a nightclub in Manchester telling people that while he took drugs in the past, his doctor warned him of the dangerous effects of further usage because of a heart condition he suffers from, the drugs he used to take were not fit for human consumption, doctors may say their main use is to put down horses, which makes it most likely to be the drug ketamine.[6] The video of the incident was published on several websites, and the transcript in many newspapers and magazines."
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Currently sat aching from a first gym session in a few years and plotting a route for Thursday afternoon as I'm being left to fend for myself for the evening.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day made busier by admin assistant being on holiday. She keeps sending me pictures of a deserted beach which I think is a little mean. I'm going to start sending her pictures of a mountain of paperwork awaiting her return. But then she might not bother coming back. Not much else going on, hoping for a quiet evening.
    No ordnance here either, at least not that I'm aware of.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Improvise !! Must be some airbag spare parts about with those detonator bits in them? Couple of those, a packet of panel fixing screws and you're all set.

Dreary day "working" from home. I keep hinting to the client that they're not really getting much value for money and they should wind up my contract but they keep insisting they want to keep me longer dammit.

Early retirement beckons.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    edited June 2019
    The cat has been sacked.
    Found another mouse in the living room. I'm off to catch it.
    Methinks he brought it in alive and wants to swap for a meaty stick.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Pedalled in this morning and avoided the rain/drizzle but if the forecast is right I'm going to get right royally soaked on the way home.

Bit of a catch up after taking yesterday off, but at least I've got an estate agent sorted and the probate gumph is moving along nively. Also a spot of minion hunting to be done as one of them has announced he's back off Down Under. Here we go again...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    That was too easy.

1 x 1.5m of 43mm Poly pipe, some masking tape for one end and some chocolate.
    Mouse pops down tube, I point it upright and hey presto.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Improvise !! Must be some airbag spare parts about with those detonator bits in them? Couple of those, a packet of panel fixing screws and you're all set.

Dreary day "working" from home. I keep hinting to the client that they're not really getting much value for money and they should wind up my contract but they keep insisting they want to keep me longer dammit.

Early retirement beckons.

Can of compressed air a lighter an some thumb tacks. That or im sure I could whip up some basic mustard gas with the contents of the cleaners cupboard.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Heartened to note that I had left my good waterproof hanging on the coatstand here last time it rained. Hopefully that will make the journey home a little bit less wet and disgusting..
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Pinno wrote:
    That was too easy.

1 x 1.5m of 43mm Poly pipe, some masking tape for one end and some chocolate.
    Mouse pops down tube, I point it upright and hey presto.

Google "fishing throwing stick" for further entertainment with the mouse.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited June 2019
    Pinno wrote:

#lush,see

She has a partner. He's a bit of a bad boy. So, I don't know how you can compete with a man who pops Ketamine for fun:

"In October 2008 McCourt was filmed outside a nightclub in Manchester telling people that while he took drugs in the past, his doctor warned him of the dangerous effects of further usage because of a heart condition he suffers from, the drugs he used to take were not fit for human consumption, doctors may say their main use is to put down horses, which makes it most likely to be the drug ketamine.[6] The video of the incident was published on several websites, and the transcript in many newspapers and magazines."

ketamine. just say nay.

#medicalhumour

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

#lush,see

i'm an incredibly good looking hero who shoots guns and saves lives. i also have a Honda Accord estate.

no contest

#puttyinmyhands

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    The Honda Accord would do it for her.
    One wee mention of it and then you'd pull her neigh bother.
    Imagine the fun you could have in car parks.

There's something odd about a guy who's going out with Nina and wants to be comatosed.
  • Matthewfalle
    theres something odd about people taking ket, tbh.

its not exactly a dancing drug.

#sloping

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Today I put a tree on my car but I can't make the picture work. It wooden-t work for me, chortle chortle

There was also another tree inside it.

it handled quite excitingly when giving it "the beans"

If this doesn't get Nina smashing my door down for me to smash her doors in I don't know what will.

Please note judicious use of sandbag.

#nina&wood

48001813921_252855e036_b.jpg

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I can see wood lashed to a car. Nina would be mad to ignore the size of that wood.

Surely a prime candidate for application of fire followed by chucking over the fence though? Rather than attaching to your car. Is this some kind of rural motorised jousting game?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Is that the new battery? Stick a couple of electrodes in and it works like a potato clock?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I can see wood lashed to a car. Nina would be mad to ignore the size of that wood.

Surely a prime candidate for application of fire followed by chucking over the fence though? Rather than attaching to your car. Is this some kind of rural motorised jousting game?

you make joke, but to get it off i put a couple of Edwyn's "bag for life" and another sandbag under it and reversed really quickly before slamming the anchors on.

ok, it didn't shoot off but i envisage it looked like a torpedo exiting a submarine.

#slippedout

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Is that the new battery? Stick a couple of electrodes in and it works like a potato clock?

if you look closely i've cut the floorpan out and now its like a Flintstones car.

#fueleconomy
    #thrifty
    #discountcode043
    #aisle6

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • real men use chainsaws
  • pinno