monday with enough stingers, it can be done

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc, lab, webex, interspersed with considerable coffee, i'm thinking lunch will involve a steak sandwich
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler , just on my way to work for a change
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Great weekend, now back on the hamster wheel with pot shots coming in :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, office day, no one else in so a boring day of AGM planning. Got the OH riding mountain bikes again yesterday, she even smiled which is a huge step!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    TLW1 wrote:
    Great weekend, now back on the hamster wheel with pot shots coming in :)

Pot shots, or just vodka/whiskey shots?

Another day of the corporate merry go round people going off to Canada. Decided I could really do with a nap, till about Wednesday.
  • haydenm
    Local knob in my office building has parked his Porsche literally in front of the door (where he usually parks his Range Rover) so he doesn't have to find a space like the rest of us peasants. On the plus side, it's been raining on and off this morning and he has left the top down. Fingers crossed.

If it doesn't rain I might take the dog out and encourage him to jump into the seats and lay an egg.
  • haydenm
    Urgh, he's got his fat mate to come and look at it now. They are revving the engine. I love Porsches but the least exciting bit about them is the exhaust note...

I am on the ground floor so they are standing right outside my window.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    POIDH
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    On Saturday I did something decidedly stupid and joined the gym. Went this morning and smashed out a few reps but now feeling sorry for myself as I've contracted the lurgey.

In other news TNT have lost MrsHDs bike shoes so to make up for it my note to Wiggle customer services specifically requested Haribo be sent with my order.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Local knob in my office building has parked his Porsche literally in front of the door (where he usually parks his Range Rover) so he doesn't have to find a space like the rest of us peasants. On the plus side, it's been raining on and off this morning and he has left the top down. Fingers crossed.

If it doesn't rain I might take the dog out and encourage him to jump into the seats and lay an egg.

Company I worked for years ago our MD was nick named 1 gear, had a boxster. Every evening he left ragging it from cold an we never heard a gear change. Was always in on the ramps for something transmission related, all done FOC of course because MD perks.
    Anyway, the dull exhaust note, yes its crap. hopefully it tips it down later, if so just lob some dishwasher tabs in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    HaydenM wrote:
    Urgh, he's got his fat mate to come and look at it now. They are revving the engine. I love Porsches but the least exciting bit about them is the exhaust note...

Not GT3/GT3 RS then? They are the only menoporsches that I like and they do have a decent 'zorst note IMO.

Had enough of estate agents and solicitors today, headed back down South in a bit on the train.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Not GT3/GT3 RS then? They are the only menoporsches that I like and they do have a decent 'zorst note IMO.

Had enough of estate agents and solicitors today, headed back down South in a bit on the train.

I think it was a 996 Carrera Cabriolet but I could be wrong, it was one of the Boxter style front light ones. I'd have one but it wouldn't be my first choice.

I think he works for an IT company based on a different floor of our block but it's his parking rather than his car that annoys me really, I might block him in with the Glamarok next time he does it. Alternatively, there are a number of car enthusiasts I work with, hopefully when we next have a meeting here they can all turn up to emasculate him.

In fairness, parking here is quite dreadful and if I had a nicer car I'd rag it about like a t1t too :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

I think it was a 996 Carrera Cabriolet but I could be wrong, it was one of the Boxter style front light ones. I'd have one but it wouldn't be my first choice.

I think he works for an IT company based on a different floor of our block but it's his parking rather than his car that annoys me really, I might block him in with the Glamarok next time he does it. Alternatively, there are a number of car enthusiasts I work with, hopefully when we next have a meeting here they can all turn up to emasculate him.

In fairness, parking here is quite dreadful and if I had a nicer car I'd rag it about like a t1t too :lol:
    I'm not sure that revving the engine in the car park counts as 'ragging' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    No, good point. I did rev one of my colleagues' new car from cold once which was described as 'ragging' and not really in a good way... :oops:

Not sure what he was expecting giving me the keys but hey
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    Hayden, congrats on getting your OH on a bike again. Tried offering my OH an ebike (urghh wash my mouth out) but she refused because she still thinks the youngest at nearly 14 will knock her off again. As to the skip knob parked near you, try bird seed and see what the pigeons leave behind. Failing that a well aimed yoghurt out of cctv range might make think again or loosen his wheel nuts.

I originally put her off by forcing her to ride the nc500 with us a couple of years ago over 9 days it 'variable' weather. Then whenever we have been out on the mountain bikes it's ended in an argument because she's completely incapable of pushing herself. Yesterday was great though, we were out with another couple so we let them go then I rode ahead of her and stopped after any technical bits to help. Won't be getting any KOMs at Whinlatter but I had a good time too, although it's a bit worrying watching how fast she is on the less technical descents
  • step83
    oxoman wrote:
    Hayden, congrats on getting your OH on a bike again. Tried offering my OH an ebike (urghh wash my mouth out) but she refused because she still thinks the youngest at nearly 14 will knock her off again. As to the skip knob parked near you, try bird seed and see what the pigeons leave behind. Failing that a well aimed yoghurt out of cctv range might make think again or loosen his wheel nuts.

Or gravel in the dustcaps...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    the Glamarok
    Apparently they have a Glamarok down under: https://twitter.com/VWGlamarok
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    the Glamarok

That's way cooler than mine, mine is dark grey. People call it the Glamarok because they are jealous as their pickups are slow and rubbish compared. Having said that, I haven't driven the X-class yet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    the Glamarok

That's way cooler than mine, mine is dark grey. People call it the Glamarok because they are jealous as their pickups are slow and rubbish compared. Having said that, I haven't driven the X-class yet.
    X class is a Nissan Navara in drag.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    It is indeed however it looks much nicer and as a tax dodge is more appealing than a van.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Step83 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Or gravel in the dustcaps...
    I remember seeing a baboon sitting on the roll bar thing of one of those RAV4 mini SUV open top things in the car park at Cape Point in SA. Driver had left the cover down. Baboon then did what comes naturally. Quite how driver on return handled a mega baboon dump on his seat...? However, n/a in the UK I guess.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back at work. 'Nuff said.

I'd not managed to find the time for a pedal over the half term though, so nice to be back in the saddle.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    the Glamarok

X class is a Nissan Navara in drag.

It is but I'm not sure how many changes they have made, personally I'd be happy with the 255bhp regardless. No way I would spend the cash on the ~180hp model though, very expensive and no oomph. I was tempted by the new Navara at the time based on price, but that wasn't the deciding factor in the end. Having been in the back of one I would say my passengers to the Alps in the winter would probably not have survived. I've had mine almost a year and it's on 35k so I still have another 2 years or marginally less, if I was replacing it now I'd go with a top spec Amarok unless they make an AMG X-class which miraculously isn't extortionate
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Don't they distil grey squirrel pi$$ for fuel, those forester boys?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    Hayden I'm guessing you won't be paying for the fuel I the amarok. We use one as a pool vehicle and don't think I've seen it do not than 25mpg.

Nope, I keep an eye on the range but other than that it's irrelevant to be. It has a good sized fuel tank though which is far better than my previous tank. I see anything from 26 to 32mpg on a tank, mostly about 28? Mine isn't auto though which apparently can lower it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks, another busy day on the hamster wheel bookended by reasonable pedals. Lad cooked a chilli for this evening which was a welcome change, not very sporty as the female child wouldn’t have eaten it. He’s starting to decorate the hall tomorrow, could get messy.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Evening folks, another busy day on the hamster wheel bookended by reasonable pedals. Lad cooked a chilli for this evening which was a welcome change, not very sporty as the female child wouldn’t have eaten it. He’s starting to decorate the hall tomorrow, could get messy.

Is he bored?
    Buttering you up for a loan?
    Wanting to tell you something but can't find the words or the moment?
    Does he want to bat for the other side?
  • pinno
    SUV's/Pick ups don't really flick any switches for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728MLtVImvo
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bonus day. I had forgotten...Glad I got the salary hike and the proper flexitime system. Bought 3 jerseys and matching socks off Prendas. Last of the big spenders.
    I could buy some wine, but that'll kill me. Hookers n blow and the wife'll kill me, unless my heart packs in under the doxy, which is about par for the course. I already paid for the fcukkng shytehouse of a holiday to trumpland. So, gaudy and slightly too tight polyester it is. First world problems. Made the normal donation to the hospice that gave our family and many others respite care.
    That is all. I also made up a story about a dragon who lives in an algae covered pond who rescues unicorns from an evil troll. For mini, who seems to be feeling young.
    Bless you all, and all who sail in you.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think my wife has one of those and some days the sound changes often.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bonus day. wah wah wah wah wah........ Made the normal donation to the hospice that gave our family and many others respite care.

this is why H3 is a fuckinggg legend.

#nice
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.