Giro 2019 stage 21 Verona TT *spoilers*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 16,645
edited June 2019 in Pro race
On a mobile phone bare with me

race-21-profile.jpg
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors
    Lived and worked in Verona for s few months and the climb ain't all that. And coming from me that means something. Has corners so a bit technical but looking dry as a bone. Will landa defend 20 odd seconds from Roglic is the race of the day.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Campanaerts out the gate
  • mididoctors
    Van Emden off the ramp
  • mididoctors
    Campanaerts 22:11 fastest time so far
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    7 seconds up at this time of the day doesn’t seem that great.
  • Mad_Malx
    When is it worth checking in again - 15:30 Uk?
  • mididoctors
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    7 seconds up at this time of the day doesn’t seem that great.
    Not really . dolomites still.in his legs
  • mididoctors
    Chad haga 22:07 beats campanaerts
  • mididoctors
    Van Emden coasting in 5th fastest so far
  • mididoctors
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    When is it worth checking in again - 15:30 Uk?

No idea. Hold on
  • mididoctors
    129 16:07 Formolo Davide, Bora-Hansgrohe
    130 16:10 Madouas Valentin, Groupama – FDJ
    131 16:13 Dombrowski Joe, EF Education First
    132 16:16 Carthy Hugh, EF Education First
    133 16:19 Zakarin Ilnur, Team Katusha Alpecin
    134 16:22 Sivakov Pavel, Team Ineos
    135 16:25 Yates Simon, Mitchelton-Scott
    136 16:28 Majka Rafał, Bora-Hansgrohe
    137 16:31 López Miguel Ángel, Astana Pro Team
    138 16:34 Mollema Bauke, Trek – Segafredo
    139 16:37 Roglič Primož, Team Jumbo-Visma
    140 16:40 Landa Mikel, Movistar Team
    141 16:43 Nibali Vincenzo, Bahrain Merida
    142 16:46 Carapaz Richard, Movistar Team

Euro cet so take off an hour UK I guess
  • Mad_Malx
    Cheers
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,199
    Chad haga 22:07 beats campanaerts

Ooooh, handbags potential
    https://twitter.com/ChadHaga/status/1135091302993977344
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Looks like Landa losing the podium to Roglic
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    hypster wrote:

Close in the end
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Haga blubbing. Great result for him
  • PhilipPirrip
    PhilipPirrip Posts: 616
    hypster wrote:
    He's making a habit of this and can't blame Sky this time.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    inseine wrote:
    hypster wrote:

Close in the end

If he'd rode yesterday for time rather than stage he may have had podium... as it happens he's ended up with neither!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Happy with a Carapaz win. Would have liked to have seen Roglic do Nibali for second but that was never happening.

Decent edition without being spectacular this year.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • A well deserved win for Carapaz, but I don’t exactly think this Giro is going to go down in history as a classic one.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Happy with a Carapaz win. Would have liked to have seen Roglic do Nibali for second but that was never happening.

Decent edition without being spectacular this year.

I found it a bit dull by comparison to recent years. But still more appealing than the tour.
  • Mad_Malx
    Thanks to the threadstarters and contributors to the threads.
    Really add to my enjoyment of the race.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Thanks to the threadstarters and contributors to the threads.
    Really add to my enjoyment of the race.

Seconded
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • hypster
    Congrats to Carapaz. It's a shame Dumoulin crashed out and Nibali, Yates and Roglic turned up in name only.
  • mididoctors
    Strange race. not a classic spectacle for sure but interesting . The parcours was not right.

Dunbar stood out As potential. There was some decent breakaway stage finishes.

Cheers to BS Richn95 and RC for threads
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    hypster wrote:
    Congrats to Carapaz. It's a shame Dumoulin crashed out and Nibali, Yates and Roglic turned up in name only.

Don't forget Bernal. I'm sure he'd have played a major role if he was there.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,220
    Below average Giro.

Was busy having a lovely time in the sun with a bbq and the fam and i didn’t even think once about the final mountain stage untill I got into bed.

Very unlike me when it come to the Giro.
  • hypster
    gsk82 wrote:
    hypster wrote:

Don't forget Bernal. I'm sure he'd have played a major role if he was there.

Oh yes, I did forget. I'm sure you're right. I bet he's kicking himself for that training accident. If Ineos sign Carapaz then they're going to have a job deciding who's leading the team for the Giro next year maybe.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I'm not sure I have seen any mention of the fact that Nibali beat Roglic in the itt...strange times!
    Half man, Half bike
  • I did like the roll into the stadium at the end for each rider - always think there should be recognition for any rider completing a grand tour.