edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

no nippiness this morning

ride far, drink coffee, eat, drink coffee, ride far
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another nice start to the day, Jane is working, so I am cycling , I will be watching the giro tt later , it’s a pity the race is finishing today
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hound walking followed by running, god knows why I agreed to it last night (maybe ale related). Then garden jobs with petrol powered toys
  • In work(boo) and also annoyed that Tesco no longer seem to supply fuel 24hrs a day. The pay at pumps are all locked up. Maybe only this area but been like it for a while so maybe they no longer do it. Will have to fill car on way home which is a pet hate. Also raining.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    In work(boo) and also annoyed that Tesco no longer seem to supply fuel 24hrs a day. The pay at pumps are all locked up. Maybe only this area but been like it for a while so maybe they no longer do it. Will have to fill car on way home which is a pet hate. Also raining.

Ask TLW to piddle in your tank.

Looks grim this morning. Back down south today for my sins.
    Re Giro: I said that yesterday LD.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    early morning low of 22 when i headed out :D

very humid though, four sticky hours, currently 26-ish but gone pretty hazy

working through my random selection of energy bars to find something to replace the defunct zipvit choc ones, last week i found that the veloforte 'ciocco' is foul, had to bin it, today i tried their 'zenzero', well it's better, actually ate it, but only rates a meh
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    early morning low of 22 when i headed out :D

very humid though, four sticky hours, currently 26-ish but gone pretty hazy
    I pedalled out to watch a few friends doing the not so local triathlon. It was around 18 here but it's windy, so it's nice until it turned into a headwind.

I overslept and was running late so some of the early trisexuals were out when i arrived and I don't think they appreciated me flying past on the hoods and in baggy shorts :)

The marshalling was excellent on the roundabout I was at, although one person took "turn right" to mean ride the wrong way around the roundabout...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Winter is officially here, and the first day of it was spectacularly clear and sunny. Day 2 less so...

Some dreary nothing stuff done this morning, followed by an afternoon of using a rotary hammer to remove some floor tiles. Ya-hoo. Done about 20% of the total area, so that'll be something to look forward to for the next couple weekends!

Flogging off a load of old gadgets on a well-known auction site to clear some space and raise some cash for more gadgets.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon. Busy sorting through more stuff at my folks house before it goes up for sale: 4 choices - keep, tip, charity, auction. Getting there on the house but the garden needs nuking.

Estate agents visiting tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...the garden needs nuking.

Get SG to whip you up some Napalm in his lab.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    don't need a lab, petrol and expanded polystyrene, easy peasy

but gardening would be more environmentally friendly - tell the estate agents that whoever does the best job of tidying up their section of garden gets to handle the sale, make them work for their money
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, speedy 40 miles very humid feels like it needs to rain done some dozing now trying to work out what to burn for dinner.

Stevo, do what I did, rented a few petrol garden tools an went mad at it for a weekend.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Remembered I had a crappy electric mower so I did the lawn myself and told him to come back later this month to nuke the back garden as well (which is a proper jungle). Quite therepitic doing the grass on top of all the other crap I sorted through today.

Run soon, then dinner and drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]