Old style reverb stealth fitting

larkim
larkim Posts: 2,474
edited May 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Picked up a cheap reverb stealth for some dropper goodness, and it's the older style connector (i.e. not Connectamajig).

I've got a full reverb bleed kit and fluid at home, so is installing it as simple as disconnecting the lever, wangling the end down the seat tube and out of the seat tube stealth hole and then refilling with fluid when it's all pulled through? Or is it worth attempting to avoid any fluid leakage at all? I may or may not have the red connector widget, but I'd broadly want to avoid uncoupling the end that connects to the reverb itself if I can help it just in case I damage the barb etc.

I could mount the bike upside down in a stand so that I'm pushing the end of the cable upwards through the seatpost to minimise any fluid loss.

Fingers crossed the hose is long enough of course - if not, then it'll be a full host replacement which I'd like to avoid!
2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Comments

• larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Ne'er mind, sorted. Found the red connector and the hole in the seat post is in a nice simple place to wangle the house through downwards.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)