coffees, lab, early bail to do other stuff, good to see hint of warmer weather
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meetings fun and minion kicking are on today’s agenda
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blustery start but feeling warmer, been offered 8 days work starting Monday 3rd might just take it, will find out more later, have a good day
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Thursday morning and I feel alright, yeah I feel alright, must have been the lack of Wednesday night beers, perhaps the lack of atmosphere in that Baku stadium had some unforeseen side effects. Thursday night's atmosphere will be sig better, Mark Knopfler, seats floor centre stage 4 rows from the front, no bad eh?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, certainly warmer this morning. today I shall be mostly "comparing cameras" so today's going to be thrilling!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Shock news: HD Corp in attempt to comply with current legislation :shock:

In usual news, AutoCADing, desk driving, setting up a new Garmin and workshop organizational things.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, big wigs in today, no prior warning, could be interesting. In other news I finally did the munro out the back of one of my forests last night. Wet, windy and cold.
    orraloon wrote:
    Thursday morning and I feel alright, yeah I feel alright, must have been the lack of Wednesday night beers, perhaps the lack of atmosphere in that Baku stadium had some unforeseen side effects. Thursday night's atmosphere will be sig better, Mark Knopfler, seats floor centre stage 4 rows from the front, no bad eh?

Very, very jealous.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Very wet but with an unusually mild wind.

Making plans for Edinburgh trip with Shorty to visit nieces. Should be fun.
    Have to find a place to stop and eat somewhere on the A77 or M8 as the nieces are veggies :roll:

Suggestions welcome.
    There's a BP along the way with an M&S food store.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Basic garden salad for a few quid should suffice.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Wait, are you trying to find somewhere for them to eat, or are you eating on your way there to avoid only eating rabbit food? If the latter, just take a raw steak in your pocket and add it to your plate then explain you're non-vegetarian only.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Afternoon. If yesterday was 1969 that means that 1970 is rolling in sight.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    TLW1 wrote:
    The second one should never be off the agenda.

Working from home so had a half decent lie in when I would have been commuting. Plenty to do mind including chasing minions to finish stuff off. Looking in my old dears files Found a load of old premium bonds bought for me when I was a kid that I never knew I had, so will put in a call to NS&I to check they're still registered - they're so old they look like ration coupons :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Working from home so had a half decent lie in when I would have been commuting. Plenty to do mind including chasing minions to finish stuff off. Looking in my old dears files Found a load of old premium bonds bought for me when I was a kid that I never knew I had, so will put in a call to NS&I to check they're still registered - they're so old they look like ration coupons :)

I'd imagine they are, may have to fill out some forms to update the address tied to them and confirm your ID. Once done you should be able to sign in via the website an look at any past winning they have gained.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I'd imagine they are, may have to fill out some forms to update the address tied to them and confirm your ID. Once done you should be able to sign in via the website an look at any past winning they have gained.
    Step, you're right. Spoke to some helpful biddy at NS&I who told me to send in a list of the serial numbers with the original address, my current addy who bought them etc. Not a huge amount but you never know, they might have won the jackpot some time between the late 60's and now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

getting fatter and exercising less. Not a good start to my old age.

Hope all is well
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in the orifice, Thursday morning mild hangover has passed.
    I think there are some premium bonds in with the old man's stuff, I might have to do the same as Stevo. Another pleasant wobble in, the bike appears to have fixed the noise from the front wheel. This is good. Position feels ok so I shall wrap the bars tonight. Bars are about an inch lower which will please the MFs, will have to cut the steerer again as I now have the height of the Parabox above the stem which is a bit fugly.
    Out for beer and pizza tonight with visiting Canadanadians, not taking them to Mitcham thankfully.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning,

getting fatter and exercising less. Not a good start to my old age.

Hope all is well
    when did old age start?

i intend to stay young until i die
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step, you're right. Spoke to some helpful biddy at NS&I who told me to send in a list of the serial numbers with the original address, my current addy who bought them etc. Not a huge amount but you never know, they might have won the jackpot some time between the late 60's and now...

Never know, worth a nose either way.

Veron, I to approve of the drop. Long as its comfortable thats literally all that matters.

Cameras have been faffed with, new kit offers nothing really that much better plus the outlay for either new lenses or load of adaptors so they can sod off.

Later shall be doing bits an pieces on an idea I've been playing with for a few weeks, taking it to a local clubbie crit see what they make of it. No doubt it'll go down like a sack of poo.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    today i am mostly working.
    OK, supposed to be but shortfall keeps winding himself up on the Brexit thread.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Out for beer and pizza tonight with visiting Canadanadians, not taking them to Mitcham thankfully.
    Depends whether you like them or not.
  • homers_double
    For someone who has never bothered tinkering with car engines, I'm getting a remap tomorrow.

I say I, but I really mean MrsHDs car.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    For someone who has never bothered tinkering with car engines, I'm getting a remap tomorrow.

Always a good plan that, they given a clue on the increase?
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:

Always a good plan that, they given a clue on the increase?
    More to the point, why if its the Mrs' car? Unless she's a petrol head in which case fair play.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433

vtech?
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:

vtech?
    One of his tuning companies is still operating it would seem, so be careful out there folks.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dentists. Tennis. Haircut. Optician. Amusing the little uns. Fcking half term. Might get a ride in tomorrow.

I also intend to remain young at heart until I shuffle off this mortal coil. However, being a bit fogeyish by nature and taste might scupper this plan. By young at heart I perhaps mean inquisitive, open-minded and active.
  • homers_double
    It’s no vetch I’m afraid, she’s bought an A180 1.6 petrol which is 122 BHB. The minin convertible she traded in was that but much lighter. As Dad roadies we know that weight is everything..,

Apparently thevremap gives 55 BHP extra as it’s a massively suppressed engine, we’re not after s rocket but something that doesn’t frighten you when pulling out into traffic would help
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I thought Flan was a spring chicken?

Re-mapping a car is generally a bad idea.

An engine is R and Deed to the nth. Well, it evolves over time to be more efficient, more powerful, smoother. It is usually at it's optimum when it comes out of the factory. There is little safe, guaranteed mechanical leeway for alteration of it's pre-designed working limits.
    Without dismantling and rebuilding it, adding power through various methods - turbo's, superchargers, high lift cams, re-mapping etc the strain is felt in the lower end of the engine. Mainly the big end bearings and journals. Whilst it gives power on the one hand, it shortens the life of the engine on the other.
    A basic requirement would be to upgrade say the oil pump (if possible). The knock on effects of increasing power are multiple.
    Unless the car is a performance vehicle in the first instance, re-mapping your daily run around is not a good idea.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

An engine is R and Deed to the nth. Well, it evolves over time to be more efficient, more powerful, smoother. It is usually at it's optimum when it comes out of the factory. There is little safe, guaranteed mechanical leeway for alteration of it's pre-designed working limits.
    Without dismantling and rebuilding it, adding power through various methods - turbo's, superchargers, high lift cams, re-mapping etc the strain is felt in the lower end of the engine. Mainly the big end bearings and journals. Whilst it gives power on the one hand, it shortens the life of the engine on the other.
    A basic requirement would be to upgrade say the oil pump (if possible). The knock on effects of increasing power are multiple.
    Unless the car is a performance vehicle in the first instance, re-mapping your daily run around is not a good idea.
    So you don't reckon I should tune The Panzer then? :)
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Maybach engines have always been over rated.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Maybach engines have always been over rated.
    You're not far off if you mean Merc Maybach engines.