Which gravel bike is best

paul_stelling
paul_stelling Posts: 96
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Gt grade carbon with tiagra 4700 or planet x london road aluminium frame with carbon fork and 105 groupset.

Comments

• figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Will the GT take a 650b wheel with bigger tyres for winter use? This is an option I am considering on my homebrew gravel frame.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Sell them both and get an On-One Space Chicken. Hold onto the Racing 7's for road duty.
  • figbat wrote:
    Will the GT take a 650b wheel with bigger tyres for winter use? This is an option I am considering on my homebrew gravel frame.
    Tyre clearance is 700 33c max. Thats why i built the planet x bike to take bigger tyres.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Which would be the best bike to keep is the question and which wheels would be best to hang on to .

You are the only person, probably on this forum, that has both bikes... you can see where I'm going with this.

Only you can decide and you have everything you need to make the decision. Which do you enjoy riding most?
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,216
    You said that you prefer bigger tyres than could be fitted to the Grade, therefore keep the PX and Stans wheels.
  • DJ58 wrote:
    You said that you prefer bigger tyres than could be fitted to the Grade, therefore keep the PX and Stans wheels.
    Thanks DJ58 that is what i thought . But cant bring myself to sell the grade as its probably a better bike than the planet x . I have decided if i feel this way i not ready to sell the gt . I think i will keep both and have gt set up for more summer use and the planet x for winter with larger tubeless tyres and bigger clearance. The gt is a very comfortable bike and works well on road and gravel so will be good for mixed summer riding.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Keep them both, buy a bigger house.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    None of them are best. They are all rubbish and you don't need them. See below picture. That bloke didn't have a poncy gravel bike. A normal bike and a machine gun. That's all you need.

And if you have a problem you can take it up with him and his mate.

I bet they weren't clubbies either.

#noclubbiesroundhere
    #fixie
    #notubelesstires
    #properhandlebars

47928127213_37b411cb04_b.jpg[/url]Don't need no gravel bike trash[/img]
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.