Handlebar Stem with 0 degree angle.

dolan_driver
dolan_driver Posts: 831
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Can anyone point me towards an alloy handlebar stem with 0 degree angle? It's a stem for a training bike so not looking for a top spec stem, just something that will do the job. A persistent sore neck dictates a move away from a stem with a +/- angle. Searched the usual online vendors but couldn't find something suitable. Thanks.

DD.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Thomson do 0 degree stems, marked up as MTB, but in a good range of lengths. They're on the pricy side though. https://www.wiggle.co.uk/thomson-elite- ... -mtb-stem/

Why do you feel you need a 0 degree stem though? You can get to the same height by adding/removing a spacer and possibly flipping the stem.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I managed to pick up an Easton EA90 off ebay they are rare though. Seem to be more Thomsons around and they are a very solid stem. The bolts rust well though so make sure you grease 'em up as I found to my cost.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Carl_P wrote:
    I managed to pick up an Easton EA90 off ebay they are rare though. Seem to be more Thomsons around and they are a very solid stem. The bolts rust well though so make sure you grease 'em up as I found to my cost.

Why not change the bolts to good quality stainless?
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Specialized do an adjustable shim one which will deal with 0. If you're looking for 120 or 130cm let me know as I have two which I was using to dial in my fit.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217