'ning

sipping espresso in eurostar lounge

quick jolly avec mes braves, tartare and ta-ta

bring me bubbly at faster miles per hour
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, after a misty start the sun is shining at last, I managed to get absolutely drenched yesterday evening on a ride just drying my shoes out, everything else has been washed well except the bike will look at that soon, when’s summer starting !!!!
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Last year I was 21 (I bloody wish)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    glad someone got the reference :)

france is looking very sunny, i foresee time spent sitting outside at some pleasant cafe
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Can I post as I’m not even a twinkle in my parents eyes?

WFH prepping for month end fun. Which means I got a decent walk in with the hound, bacon sandwich on return and will go running later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Running sucks. Train was busy this morning.
    The boss has gone missing which isn't helpful, everyone else is on redeployed/dropping sprogs so it's pretty quiet again.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Another day and nothing to do. Well, not exactly. Gym then lots of home based tasks.

Any tips on how to minimise car parking charges for an NEC Birmingham concert? Off there tomorrow to see Mark Knopfler.
  • thistle_
    orraloon wrote:
    Any tips on how to minimise car parking charges for an NEC Birmingham concert? Off there tomorrow to see Mark Knopfler.
    Last time I went there by car it was free to park....
    Park at Hampden in Arden and get the train? Might not save anything depending on how many of you are going, and whether there's a train back at the end.
  • orraloon
    orraloon wrote:
    Park at Hampden in Arden and get the train? Might not save anything depending on how many of you are going, and whether there's a train back at the end.
    Free parking for a concert event? Been a couple of times before and def not free.

Good suggestion on local train; difficult for us to do the whole journey by train, return times dicey, but park locally and have a short train ride...good call especially as we are meeting a friend who will be travelling by train. Ta.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Parking varies from what I found at NEC, train in if you can far less hassle.

Doing various stupid tasks so shall be dishing out various insults to inanimate objects an any morons that decide to interfere (office morons is a given).

Quiet given its half term in the office though, small mercy's
  • thistle_
    orraloon wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Free parking for a concert event? Been a couple of times before and def not free.
    It was for an exhibition, and it was maybe 15+ years ago :D
    Every time since has been by train, just because it was more convenient from wherever I was travelling from.
  • step83
    I'm sure they flogged the parking off to some private lot, last time i went a couple years back it was a tenner to park. Saying that I may be going cycleshow this year so need to check.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Step83 wrote:
    I'm sure they flogged the parking off to some private lot, last time i went a couple years back it was a tenner to park. Saying that I may be going cycleshow this year so need to check.
    £12 to park at the NEC for the Cycle Show last September.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • orraloon
    I went to an evening concert couple years back and feel sure I handed over a £20 note, but don't remember how much if any change I got back.

Anyway, plan sorted. Park at Berkswell / Balsall Common 2 stations up the line and train journey of 6 mins. £2.40 return.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Hate the NEC, definitely get a train if you can. Aah, you can I see.
    Another busy day in here, but it's already Wednesday which is good. Really enjoyed the ride in this morning, riding trigger's broom effectively but most of a new groupset has transformed the feel of the bike. Strange noise from the front wheel, sounded like a cable was dragging on the spokes but there was nothing there. Dragging the front brake completely silenced it. I'm guessing it will fix itself if I ignore it.
    Pub later what with it being Wednesday and all that.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Currently in a bad mood as I've just had to endure a ferkin 4 hour compulsory HR training session. The bloke who took it was a freelancer who clearly picked up on the vibe that we really didn't want to be there and finished 20 mins early by skipping some bits. I don't think he wanted to be there either. At least it will make this afternoons work feel fun and interesting by comparison :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    glad someone got the reference :)
    I just thought it's not the summer, not here and now at any rate.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    A measly 62km ride this morning before work, legs are dead now especially after a 37km ride last night.

I'm pretty sure an early night would do wonders for me at the moment.

Countdown is on as in 28 days time I'll be on a cycling holiday with wifey :)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    What's that in real money Homer?
    TLW1 wrote:
    Can I post as I’m not even a twinkle in my parents eyes?

I was the result of the twinkle in the eye right at that moment :roll:

Shorty got one 5th, a 4th. a 2nd and a 1st in the sack race.

Mark Knopfler at the NEC. That should be good. I was always a mad Dire Straits fan.
    First album - Down to the Waterline, Six blade knife and all that.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    325hel.jpg
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Shorty got one 5th, a 4th. a 2nd and a 1st in the sack race.
    I hope you weren't too harsh after such a poor performance. :wink:

Well done Shorty. :D
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    325hel.jpg
    :D
    All those teraflops and shiny kit in the lab put to excellent use.
    Well done shorty indeed.
    Back to urbanity. Unpacking. Might go and ride wimblebergs later if I can summon up enough arsedness.
  • homers_double
    Pinno wrote:

Its 62km and 37km.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Its 62km and 37km.
    Is Piña so old he works in LSD? Will we be allowed to use km after the lunatics get "control"?
  • homers_double
    Ah I see, you mean old money rather than real money...

67804 yards and 40463.7 yards respectively.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:

Its 62km and 37km.

38.5 and just under 30 miles

Well done shorty!
  • homers_double
    22.9 isn't "just" under 30, its quite a bit but I'll take your typo and leave it at that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    22.9 isn't "just" under 30, its quite a bit but I'll take your typo and leave it at that.

An there was me thinking I was being nice rounding up :lol:
  • homers_double
    I'll take that too!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Cheers guys.

Next year some practice beforehand.
    (She wasn't happy that she didn't win the overall)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Pinno wrote:
    Cheers guys.

Next year some practice beforehand.
    (She wasn't happy that she didn't win the overall)
    Well done Shorty, and I don't mean N'Golo Kante :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]