Long sleeve summer jerseys

steveatbath
steveatbath Posts: 49
edited May 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi all
Any ideas on a long sleeve jersey which is for warmer weather but with long sleeves. The ones I’ve ordered got returned as they were either fleece lined or had baggy sleeves..
Cheers

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    viewtopic.php?t=13104738
    ...similar thread from a couple of weeks ago
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Wayne Plunger
    Wayne Plunger Posts: 444
    It's a jersey, wear it, ride your bike, it's not rocket science.

To quote another Mathewism

"atdoingmyheadin.
  • OnTheRopes
    OnTheRopes Posts: 460
    It's a jersey, wear it, ride your bike, it's not rocket science.

To quote another Mathewism

"atdoingmyheadin.
    Not really very helpful for the OP is it, not sure why the need for the sarcasm, why not leave that to the man himself as we have come to expect. It seems a perfectly reasonable question to me.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Considered "UV Sleeves" basically arm screens I have a couple of pairs seem to do the job though rarely match your jersey but it does the job an should be less than a jersey.
  • OnTheRopes
    OnTheRopes Posts: 460
    Step83 wrote:
    Considered "UV Sleeves" basically arm screens I have a couple of pairs seem to do the job though rarely match your jersey but it does the job an should be less than a jersey.
    Agreed or arm warmers then just stick them in your back pocket if you are too warm
  • molteni_man
    molteni_man Posts: 440
    Steveatbath - have a look at the prendas.co.uk website. They do a great range of Santini jerseys with a retro theme which are all offered in a long sleeve style as well as short sleeves too. The fabric is lightweight across the jersey including the arms.
    I’ve got the black Molteni long sleeve jersey and like it! They are very accurate re sizing too. Looks like you can get a 10% off at the moment.
    BW
  • Does it need to be skin tight? Or just not baggy?
    If not last summer I was wearing a base later as a summer long sleeved top. Reallygood value at undr £20.

Helly Hansen Dry Stripe Crew Neck Base Layer
  • siddy1972
    siddy1972 Posts: 180
    Stolen Goat do a range of Bodyline long sleeve jerseys that I think would fit the bill for you.
  • Try Ornot. Pricey but quality is very good and a bit of rarity value if that’s your thing.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Ale piuma for me, stunning quality and fit - for me anyway.
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/ale-piuma-long-sleeve-jersey/

Same quality but not quite as tailored a fit are Pactimo, if you get lucky with sales and discount codes, they almost give them away.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sportful pista long sleev jersey is a close fitting one.

But yes. Arnwarmers and short sleeves are more flexible.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Step83 wrote:

Lycra arm screens or fleece armwarmers will cover the temp differences. I've found the Wiggle/DHB ones to be excellent.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    If you have the cash assos do a LS summer jersey, castelli used to