May has gone - ding dong the utter, utter, total failure of a prime minister is gone

Comments

• surfercyclist
    surfercyclist Posts: 894
    Pross wrote:
    whoever wins is unlikely to survive long and it will hopefully kill their career permanently.

A last hoorah for a Henry?

#fascistTories

Saying Tories are facists is like saying Labour supporters are Marxist. Some are, not all.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,612
    Pross wrote:
    whoever wins is unlikely to survive long and it will hopefully kill their career permanently.

#fascistTories

Saying Tories are facists is like saying Labour supporters are Marxist. Some are, not all.
    Or suggests MF doesn't really know what a fascist is.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

Maybe if he knows any Italians he could ask them ;-)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Is this you MF?
    https://youtu.be/TA8Uav7EPlQ
    I mean, you are Italian and in the military... :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Is this you MF?
    https://youtu.be/TA8Uav7EPlQ
    I mean, you are Italian and in the military... :)

i've actually based my whole career on Klinger from M*A*S*H but i can definitly take some recruiting tips from that snippet

#jointhearmy,theysaid
    #traveltheworld,theysaid
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

nope. they all are. not one iota of care for the greater good in any of their bodies

#fascists

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    bompington wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

Maybe if he knows any Italians he could ask them ;-)

i'll send an MF down to Edwyns - he keeps a few in the cupboard for emergency gelato and canneloni making (Italians that is, not MFs. They couldn't gelato their way out of a paper bag).

I'll post any pictures the MF returns with. Well, I'll post up links that don't work and ask Veronese to sort them out

#bloodyItaliansandtheirgoodlooks

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

I asked the MFs and they said they had an inkling as to what a fascist is. they showed me a picture. it looked exactly the same as a Tory. You can see it in their eyes if you look hard enough.

#eyesofacrow
    #toryfascist
    #maggiethatchermilksnatcher

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

nope. they all are. not one iota of care for the greater good in any of their bodies

#fascists
    Hmmm...looks like I may need to goose step round to your house with a few chums in brown shirts and dispel a few myths.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    ah - ye olde "institutional learning technique"?

#beatitintothem

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,671
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    Hmmm...looks like I may need to goose step round to your house with a few chums in brown shirts
    and dispel a few myths.
    Ah hah. The truth is coming out.
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    Hmmm...looks like I may need to goose step round to your house with a few chums in brown shirts
    and dispel a few myths.
    You are on ze list also, Herr Looney :)

We have have learnt well from our esteemed European partners.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    and dispel a few myths.

The Tory party is far too incompetent and self-serving to be a proper fascist organisation. Instead they are a collection of individual fascists who couldn't even organise a night of the long knives in a butchers shop.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,542
    8%.

8% of the vote under May.

Lost a majority and then took the Tories to 8% in a nationwide election.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    I'm not sure they can recover from this whole farce, the divisions are too big to be sorted out by a new leader especially as that leader is likely to lead them further to the right.
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    and dispel a few myths.

The Tory party is far too incompetent and self-serving to be a proper fascist organisation. Instead they are a collection of individual fascists who couldn't even organise a night of the long knives in a butchers shop.
    In a way you're right, as many of our European partners did actually have a real fascist party or far right dictatorship in power.

Claiming that the Tories are fascist is just lazy leftiebollox or ignorance.
  • robert88
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    and dispel a few myths.

In a way you're right, as many of our European partners did actually have a real fascist party or far right dictatorship in power.

Oops, did I just sink your battleship. Quel dommage..
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    and dispel a few myths.

Err, no :) I didn't even know there was a battleship involved. But if youre going to go for lazy stereotyping, expect to get called out occasionally.
  • rick_chasey
    Of all the Tory MEPs to have lost their seats why did Hannan have to keep his
  • robert88
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists
    and dispel a few myths.

Err, no :) I didn't even know there was a battleship involved. But if youre going to go for lazy stereotyping, expect to get called out occasionally.

資本主義的走狗
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

I have voted Tory since those Labour twats chose to introduce tuition fees and saddle intelligent engineers such as myself with debt. I was down the local sailing club teaching kids how to sail at the weekend. Didn't even get paid. I have just given you one example of a historically Tory voter doing something for the greater good of society and a whole party doing something that was definitely bad for society. But then this is the internet where the use of the word "all" is routinely used incorrectly.
  • john80
    This is all before we look up the definition of facism.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    john80 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

I have voted Tory since those Labour twats chose to introduce tuition fees and saddle intelligent engineers such as myself with debt. I was down the local sailing club teaching kids how to sail at the weekend. Didn't even get paid. I have just given you one example of a historically Tory voter doing something for the greater good of society and a whole party doing something that was definitely bad for society. But then this is the internet where the use of the word "all" is routinely used incorrectly.

So the consequence of your anger regarding the act of increasing the debt on a broadly/commonly privileged sector of society is to shift from left wing to right wing?

This summarises why politics is so difficult now. It's Turkeys voting for Christmas. Once you identify yourself as someone who will vote against your own best interests (feel free to analogise to Brexit) you are sending a message to those in power that there is absolutely no point in them considering your needs; even if they do give you what you want you'll still vote against them. There should be a special category in the Darwin awards for this.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • john80
    Rolf F wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

So the consequence of your anger regarding the act of increasing the debt on a broadly/commonly privileged sector of society is to shift from left wing to right wing?

This summarises why politics is so difficult now. It's Turkeys voting for Christmas. Once you identify yourself as someone who will vote against your own best interests (feel free to analogise to Brexit) you are sending a message to those in power that there is absolutely no point in them considering your needs; even if they do give you what you want you'll still vote against them. There should be a special category in the Darwin awards for this.

Yeah I am sure that first generation graduate from a modest background considers the act of getting educated and working hard makes him from a privileged sector of society. Universal debt regardless of background really assisted those not from families where the debt could just be paid off by the parents and was irrelevant.

We have had 50 years of removing industry from the economy as if increasing productivity and providing well paid jobs was somehow a bad idea. It was a much better idea to buy in all these services for some bizarre reasoning.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    john80 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

Yeah I am sure that first generation graduate from a modest background considers the act of getting educated and working hard makes him from a privileged sector of society. Universal debt regardless of background really assisted those not from families where the debt could just be paid off by the parents and was irrelevant.

We have had 50 years of removing industry from the economy as if increasing productivity and providing well paid jobs was somehow a bad idea. It was a much better idea to buy in all these services for some bizarre reasoning.

Have you thought this through?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,612
    john80 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

If as an engineering graduate you can make a decent living then that does put you at an advantage. If for whatever reason that degree doesn't lead to a higher income then you don't have to repay the debt. Point is, free university places were a massive give away to a majority of students, who were from that privileged sector of society where it was just expected.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    john80 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

What about the Tory twats who tripled the fees?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • rick_chasey
    It’s a bit like voters who punished labour for their lack of banking regulation by voting Tory, who the previous 10 years lambasted labour for their heavy handed, profit stifling, regulation.
  • robert88
    rjsterry wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    john80 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

If as an engineering graduate you can make a decent living then that does put you at an advantage. If for whatever reason that degree doesn't lead to a higher income then you don't have to repay the debt. Point is, free university places were a massive give away to a majority of students, who were from that privileged sector of society where it was just expected.

One of the reasons Britain lost its ascendancy in the late years of the 19th century and ever after was the way in which its rivals educated and trained their populations. Conservative Britain was was wary of allowing the lower orders an education lest it led to discontent. They certainly had a point as in Germany there had been a revolt in 1848 which had to be crushed. Many educated Germans emigrated, some to the UK where they were very successful, starting businesses that thrived and brought prosperity. A great number of those and other businesses lost their investment in the 60s, 70s and 80s. They were absorbed by foreign buyers or asset stripped. The rise of banking and retail followed.

Today the UK is woefully short of significantly large companies that are at the leading edge of modern science and technology. We are a nation of relatively poorly educated consumers and borrowers, very ill-equipped to make our way in a post-Brexit role.
  • john80
    So we have some advocates of the increase in university places as some sort of benefit to the less well off. Some saying it's a give away to the more well off. The point that you don't have to pay it back if you don't earn as much.

Remember grants for poorer but talented students. Seems like maybe the original system was not so bad for the UK as I am not seeing the competitive advantage we have gained from the massive growth in university education. Thankfully I am not a graduate of the 9k per year generation paying additional tax on my higher rate tax to fund the growth in the university sector.