Di2 Controls for Edge

timboellis
timboellis Posts: 223
edited May 2019 in Workshop
I am awaiting delivery of my Di2 R8050 bike and would like to be able to control my edge 1050 with the buttons on the top of the hoods.

So i am a little confused if i need to buy an extra box to do this or does it support ant to control the edge or do i need bluetooth?

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You need the EWWU11 wireless unit to enable wireless communication with your head unit.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Hi Tim, Have you searched youtube? Im sure somebody will of covered it, try Shane Miller? You will need the Shimano E Tube wireless unit EW WU111 and download the Etube software to reprogram your units to tailor the buttons to do what you require...

https://youtu.be/kt-F_tURzvo

Mitch
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    my question is, does the wu111 need to be inline or can it plug in anywhere?? spare port on a shifter for example??
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    I think inline, between JB1 and JB2. As I have an external JB1 I fit it straight to that, so it's close to the head unit.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Phil485 wrote:
    my question is, does the wu111 need to be inline or can it plug in anywhere?? spare port on a shifter for example??

More or less anywhere. I have it between the battery and junk B in the seat post. Some have it between the rear derailleur and junk B.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Yep I have mine tucked away down the seatpost too.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube