Rutland Cycling - Brilliant!

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited May 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi, I feel almost obliged to write a post to say how amazingly brilliant Rutland Cycling have been in dealing with an issue I have had on my new bike which is a Specialized Roubaix.

I had an issue from day one and initially I tried to sort the issue myself. Despite being pretty good at working on bikes I could not find the source of the problem and I am sure the issue was with the headset. Rutland were fantastic and were communicating with me daily via email or on the phone and after a couple of weeks they asked me to take the bike to my LBS for them to look at it.

The LBS could not find the problem and charged me £35 for the privilege and Rutland refunded me this within two days. As the problem persisted, I asked Rutland to provide me with a new bike. They were reluctant at first but did agree to this without any fuss whatsoever.

The bike I originally ordered was out of stock so after a small amount of haggling they agreed to send me the next model up which was £600 more than my bike! The bike was already on sale and what with the rewards points they offer I have saved £2000 on the RRP.

They arranged the collection of my bike at their own cost and the new bike arrived two days later on an overnight courier.

Whilst the issue with the bike has been annoying the service received from Rutland has been bloody fabulous and I think they deserve a bit of recognition.

Great service and great staff and such a refreshing approach to customer service. Nothing short of excellent!

Comments

• david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Result! So what you got now?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    david7m wrote:
    Roubaix Expert
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    BMXboy10 wrote:
    david7m wrote:
    Roubaix Expert

Glad you got it resolved, sorry I wasn't able to help more.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut