thursday entangling virtual things

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, lab-a-dabba-doo, maybe early bail, long weekend coming up, it'll best to ease into it gradually
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    No easing in with a day of meetings via our delightful motorway lack of system
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice start to the day I will be easing into the weekend starting today,
    Is this your last day oxoman?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    head hurts. going to be a slow day.

#pain
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Looks like it's going to be a quiet day again today, which is bad because there won't be anyone making any cups of tea.

MFs - no norks visible on yesterday's video, I went and checked. If there were, they'd be jumping up and down all over the place due to the vibration and it would make your headache really bad. I've tried a different mounting arrangement this morning and I'll let you know if the results are any better.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, meeting later which I've been moaning about for months, hooray!

Also, my mate got knocked off in a group ride last night and snapped his 3rd Argon in a year! First time he was hit by a car, second taken out at the end of a race and now this. All within about 2 weeks of building the bikes up. He's talking about quitting group riding/racing and I'm trying to convince him he'd be great at XC mtb, he thinks he'd be slow at the downhills and his OH associates MTBs with death. His OH is stupid, and he doesn't realise that XC isn't downhill racing, which is what I always bang on about...

I also think he'd struggle with bike handling more on CX than XC, which is his current plan
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    He's talking about quitting group riding/racing and I'm trying to convince him he'd be great at XC mtb, he thinks he'd be slow at the downhills and his OH associates MTBs with death. His OH is stupid, and he doesn't realise that XC isn't downhill racing, which is what I always bang on about...
    It's OK to be slow on the downhills as long as you make up for it on the uphills. From my limited experience though (1 race) 50% of XC riders crash/die so maybe his OH has a point.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    oxoman wrote:
    No doing it over 4 days, more beer that way. Currently the team age goes from 30 to 63 so no rushing.

What route are you taking? Sounds pretty tame unless you're in Russia
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Done my 45 mins talking. No one fell asleep. Even
    got a couple of laughs, and not just when I fell over a whiteboard.

That's me done now for a week. Jolly tonight, lunchtime flight tomorrow, very early bail. Half term next week.

I'll stick up a picture of the half a pig I had for dinner last night, along with a good few glasses of altbier. Lovely. German food is ribsticking stuff.
  • hopkinb
    Yum yum.

20190522-190526.jpg
    20190522-190037.jpg
  • homers_double
    Nice!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    MFs - no norks visible on yesterday's video,...

Shirley the orientation of the camera is more conducive to capturing peachy bottoms?

Re.: Germany. I think that over all and in terms of quality and vfm, the food is amongst the best in Europe.
    The cake trolley that's wheeled around after main courses causes much drooling.

Pinno's Jackanory No#736

Munich train station 1988, whilst inter-railing.

I arrived via expensive Austria. To my delight, the hexagon stalls were cheap and I bought some pastries and 4 cans of beer for not much DM.
    I sat on the floor up against a wall with a dozen or so other travellers.

A rotund Italian woman is kicking off about I dunno what to a station guard in Italian, to which he didn't understand or ignored. This goes on for a while in very animated fashion. If gravity wasn't her enemy, she would have taken flight with all the arm waving. She was politely cajoled to the back of the queue for the platform entry to the train south.

Along comes a young woman with a skip in her step and a very spriteful Collie. Collie stops at the point where the aforementioned Italian woman is standing with her inordinate amount of luggage.
    The Collie takes a sniff at her luggage and then cocks his leg and piddles on a suitcase.

Italian woman kicks off. Spriteful woman with equally spriteful dog make quick exit.

All the travellers start laughing at the scene. Italian woman kicks off at us.

What entertainment plus pastries and beer.

Today will be mowstly doing stuff.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    He's talking about quitting group riding/racing and I'm trying to convince him he'd be great at XC mtb, he thinks he'd be slow at the downhills and his OH associates MTBs with death. His OH is stupid, and he doesn't realise that XC isn't downhill racing, which is what I always bang on about...
    It's OK to be slow on the downhills as long as you make up for it on the uphills. From my limited experience though (1 race) 50% of XC riders crash/die so maybe his OH has a point.

As dangerous as being slow witted in the sharp end of a cat 2 road race? I race enduro and have had few major accidents than him...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    Yum yum.

20190522-190526.jpg
    20190522-190037.jpg
    Poor photography skills - that beer glass appears to be partially blocking the view :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    As dangerous as being slow witted in the sharp end of a cat 2 road race? I race enduro and have had few major accidents than him...
    Hmm I imagine in a cat2 you definitely need to have your wits about you. I guess if he goes XC he'll start in the lower tier so he'll be safe for a while at least.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    Hmm I imagine in a cat2 you definitely need to have your wits about you. I guess if he goes XC he'll start in the lower tier so he'll be safe for a while at least.

He's being a total wimp so I doubt we will ever find out. We always joke that he has my reverse karma but I don't think I've done anything that bad in a while
  • Stevo_666
    Back at the ranch after 2 days out and playing catch up. Trying vaguely to eat something healthy after the last couple of days of pigging out in Spain and I may even ride a bike tomorrow :shock: Still, not far to the Friday finish line and the long weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional Thursday morning hangover has faded into a vague memory, this is good. Another busy day, they all seem to be nowadays but it helps the time pass. All the branch managers are in for their review meeting, thankfully I don't need to get involved as it's very long and boring by all accounts.
    Pleasant wobble in to work on the pub hack, stopped to vote on the way. Vote early, vote often as the saying goes. Quite a few people there, poll clerk commented it was the most people she'd seen at European elections. Not that it will do any good.
    Nice day for a ride if it's anything like down here Oxo.
    That pork looks good H³, that ridiculous vape thing in the background needs to be inserted somewhere though.
    Might go and cause some mischief for no reason other than I can.
  • homers_double
    Just investigated car hire for a holiday, £997 :lol::lol::lol:

:cry:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Spain/Portugal: Cicar.

We got a week's hire for £150.
  • homers_double
    Italy, 10 days & 9 seats.

Tis expensive...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That pork looks good H³, that ridiculous vape thing in the background needs to be inserted somewhere though.
    Minion is a keen vapist...
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Spain/Portugal: Cicar.

We got a week's hire for £150.
    For that price I have visions of you driving around in Del Boy's car in The Algarve :)
  • hopkinb
    When I was just in Spain I hired a brand new seat leon for 90 quid for 6 days.

I think Italy and France are a lot more expensive.
  • homers_double
    To be fair the good lady and I have hire a smart car for 5 days at £60.

Easy when there's two of us.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

Tis expensive...

You need a van! Or a car with a trailer and bench seats.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Minion is a keen vapist...
    No problem, as long as you're sure you spelt that last word correctly :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436

Tis expensive...
    i hear this is available cheap, you need to collect it though
    val27.jpg
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    When I was just in Spain I hired a brand new seat leon for 90 quid for 6 days.

I think Italy and France are a lot more expensive.
    We did something similar in mallorca, it was cheaper than a transfer from the airport.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

Tis expensive...
    i hear this is available cheap, you need to collect it though
    val27.jpg

Yes. From:

The self preservation society
    Via Sestriere
    Italy.
  • homers_double
    Room with a view.

In related news there's a double decker bus parked up in an an industrial unit near us and the top deck has all the windows boarded up. If that isn't cheap accommodation for the car wash community then I don't know what is!
    Advocate of disc brakes.