Looking for non skin tight Jersey

gt8374uh9jiodpo
gt8374uh9jiodpo Posts: 51
edited May 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi

Does anybody know of any reasonably cheap jerseys that are not skin tight? Prefer a subtle colourway as well.
Only really looking to buy one for the benefit of having back pockets so I can eat on the move.

Comments

• alanyu
    alanyu Posts: 73
    One size larger so it would be not tight. XD
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Club fit is I believe what you are after - as opposed to race fit.

Having said that, if you are looking at jerseys at the cheaper end of the scale, a lot of them have a more relaxed fit anyway.

Pretty sure Aldi have a cycling sale due on the 9th, and you can buy online beforehand should you want to avoid the crush.
    Free delivery over either £20 or £40, I forget which.

Not bought an Aldi jersey for a long time, so any info I can give you on fit would be out of date.
    But you could always order a couple of sizes and styles, and then return instore.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • The £10 blue jersey in Aldi looks just what im looking for. Problem is im not sure my Aldi has a changing room.
    Whats the deal then, do Alsi stores open on the 9th and all the cycling kit is on display?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    The £10 blue jersey in Aldi looks just what im looking for. Problem is im not sure my Aldi has a changing room.
    Whats the deal then, do Alsi stores open on the 9th and all the cycling kit is on display?
    Why do you need a changing room to try a jersey on especially as you want a baggy one.
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Buy 2 sizes, take one back.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    A lot of the Specialized Jerseys are looser than the Italian variants. Look at the RBX Comp and Dry Release Merino jerseys.
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,514
    Mountain bike or 'trail' jerseys are generally loose fitting and available in subtle colours. Although some won't have back pockets.

I have an Endura Humvee and an Altura one (that I forget the name of) for commuting and they're both reasonably loose fit an plain colours.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Tredz have some good discounts on Tenn jerseys at the mo.

No first hand experience, but reviews seem positive.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/tenn-jerseys
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Wayne Plunger
    Wayne Plunger Posts: 444
    The Aldi tops are loose fit, I wouldn't worry about trying them on, just get your size.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    wrar tight t shirt. put aldi top on top. sorted.

#simples
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mike cb
    mike cb Posts: 7
    alanyu wrote:
    One size larger so it would be not tight. XD
    :lol: totally agree. If one size up does not work. Try two size up. lol

Or mountain bike jersey should work.
  • ttf
    ttf Posts: 10
    Just saw that CHPT3 have put their Monzamilano jersey on sale at 50% off (bit gutted as I bought one at full price a while back!). They're much looser in the arm than most jerseys i've tried before, a bit of a 'classic' fit and the quality has been excellent - I'm stocking up
    https://chpt3.com/collections/sale/prod ... 2717577540
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    The DHB Blok kit is quite a loose fit