Port Pollensa

ilovegrace
ilovegrace Posts: 677
edited May 2019 in Road general
Good evening all
On the recommendation of the forum , the family went to Port pollensa for our summer hols .
I hired a bike , and to be honest it was one of the best holidays we have had.
We stayed at a hotel in PP , this year we are thinking about going again and again I would like to ask the advise of the forum .
Can anyone recommend a apartment for 4 with access to a pool.
My daughter has insisted on the pool !!
As ever I appreciate all replies .
regards
ILG

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    ilovegrace wrote:
    Good evening all
    On the recommendation of the forum , the family went to Port pollensa for our summer hols .
    I hired a bike , and to be honest it was one of the best holidays we have had.
    We stayed at a hotel in PP , this year we are thinking about going again and again I would like to ask the advise of the forum .
    Can anyone recommend a apartment for 4 with access to a pool.
    My daughter has insisted on the pool !!
    As ever I appreciate all replies .
    regards
    ILG
    We stayed here a few years back, really nice penthouse apartment with small jacuzzi-like pool on the roof - which would be too small for swimming but was an endless delight for Bompetta aged 5. Handy balcony for parking bikes.
    Think the block is called La Gola.
    We loved it.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    A bit further down the road but i've stayed here twice, its a nice house which sleeps 8 ish and has its own pool, in a back street so quiet at night be still near enough to the bars, beach etc

https://goo.gl/maps/1Ea8sVE3wkoVJ7c8A
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    if that's too far and or too big then i can 100% recommend PortBlue club resorts, its a family cyclist dream, when we stay I ride very early then get back in time for breakfast with the family, it has amazing facilities especially for children

https://goo.gl/maps/piWkboyFd8TV3a4HA
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    The Daina apartments (part of the Daina hotel complex) are nice and have access to a private pool on the promenade. It is a salt water pool and is really nice. Good secure bike storage and workshop in the basement of the apartment building too.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • itboffin wrote:
    if that's too far and or too big then i can 100% recommend PortBlue club resorts, its a family cyclist dream, when we stay I ride very early then get back in time for breakfast with the family, it has amazing facilities especially for children

https://goo.gl/maps/piWkboyFd8TV3a4HA

Stayed here a few times in the past, and it is really, really nice. Not cheap, but you pays yer money...

It's more Alcudia than PP, but still not far from PP centre (there's buses if you don't have a hire car)
  • itboffin
    Bikehead hire also have a good selection of reasonably priced Cervelo, colnago, Cannondale bikes
  • ilovegrace
    Good morning all
    Many thanks for your replies,
    We stayed in the Port blue club resort last and loved it time , but checking the prices they seem to have shot up and are out of range this time.
    I will check back with my Holiday consultant (my daughter Grace !!) and see ask her what we are looking for .
    I think the complexes may be to dear , maybe a small house apartment are they better value.
    Please forgive my naivety, the holiday to PP was the first holiday abroad for me in 27 years !.
    thanks
    again
    ILG
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Can recommend, Cabot Las Velas Apartments, used it with my club a few times £800/£900 for a 2 bedroomed apartment in June, obviously prices skyrocket once you get to the school holiday period as does the temperature.
  • Try owners direct.com.
    I have used the site over Europe about 15 times. PP included about 6 times. Various selection menu system , shows photos of most rooms , etc.
    As it is done direct with owner ? beware of handing money over . We have never been scammed , but there is potential. Mostly pay up at local estate agents who then give you a key .
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    I enjoyed a stay in these apartments. Large air conditioned rooms, balcony for the bike :wink: a swimming pool, just across the road from the beach, and an easy walk to the town centre. Not sure of your budget.
    http://www.apartmentsbellamar.com/EN/home.html
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    this in one of the best value places we've found for cycling/family in pollenca
    a 5 min taxi ride to beach or 10 min to old town pollenca, far cheaper than the Fergus and other sites close to the sea
    https://www.duva-pollensa.com
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • ilovegrace
    Hi
    Checked out all the options , many thanks.
    I have left them with" Holiday co ordinator" for her to approve.
    thanks agin
    ILG
  • bradsbeard
    bradsbeard Posts: 210
    Stayed at the Flora a few times which were very nice and a 2 minute stroll to the promenade. Last year stayed here last year Hoposa Villaconcha. Kids loved it and so did I. Bike storage, workshop, bike shop, bike and clothes washing facilities. It was great.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Ive stayed at the Aparthotel Duva on 2 cycling holidays. Last time around they seem like they now focus on just cycling holidays rather than be a hotel to the general (non-cycling) public. Almost every guest was a cyclist and quite a few cycling clubs stayed there during my stay. I cant fault it much, even Jet2 did a flights+hotel package there.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ilovegrace
    Hi
    Still looking 1 bed apartment at Duva 2 adults 15 yr old £ 2100 ish with Jet 2
    Thinking , thinking , thinking !
    ILG
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    ilovegrace wrote:
    Hi
    Still looking 1 bed apartment at Duva 2 adults 15 yr old £ 2100 ish with Jet 2
    Thinking , thinking , thinking !
    ILG

I've been well impressed with Jet2, having flown with them several times over the last few years. They seem to be very well organised and a cut above other 'budget' airlines in my experience.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"