monday searching for anomalous spacetime curvatures in the presence of pineapple

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

day of coffee fuelled webex, maybe plan a jolly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine here as well, doesn’t make you feel better
    Good luck with your c2c oxoman
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning Everybody, Sun streaming through the window as I finish getting ready for C2C. Meeting up with mates shortly then lots of pedalling, beer and suspect cake along with a bit of banter. First time in along while I've looked forward to a Monday.
    Have a great time
  • tlw1
    Dog walked slowly as still feel poo
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Jolly plans in full swing here as I'm catching a flight to Madrid later today. The job out there is stand up and speak for 15 minutes so not too strenuous. That and collaring local finance directors who haven't been doing stuff they should/doing stuff they shouldn't.

Main aim today is to get there in time for a drink at the hotel bar :)

Do we need to set up a 'pray for Oxo' group?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    #prayforOxo
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, first day back after a week in the highlands. Ticked off some incredible Munros, ate seafood, got drunk on some nice beaches and managed to use my bivvybag on one of the 5 days a year where it is possible to do so in North West Scotland. Most people stay in Shenavall bothy but I decided on the body bag outside as it was a perfect night followed by a 35km day and 3 very big hills.

60242132_10157013948970659_2012007743690375168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=cae2fa164ff50df4a8ff2102a9297719&oe=5D9ED0F7

The office is about the last place on Earth I want to be at the moment, seriously considering very early retirement. Also, the ridge on An Teallach is bloody terrifying.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    Please NO praying for me I'm atheist.

#raiseaglassforoxo
  • hopkinb
    A weeks worth of work to squash into 2.5 days before heading off to Dusseldorf for 2 days to stand up and talk for an hour and listen to other folk drone on.

Then I think I have a week off for half term, though I'm not exactly sure.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Meh Monday.

Cannot seem to get people/things moving.

Will update later after nothing has happened.

#tailwindforOxo/doesherideaCube?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, first day back after a week in the highlands. Ticked off some incredible Munros, ate seafood, got drunk on some nice beaches and managed to use my bivvybag on one of the 5 days a year where it is possible to do so in North West Scotland. Most people stay in Shenavall bothy but I decided on the body bag outside as it was a perfect night followed by a 35km day and 3 very big hills.

60242132_10157013948970659_2012007743690375168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=cae2fa164ff50df4a8ff2102a9297719&oe=5D9ED0F7

The office is about the last place on Earth I want to be at the moment, seriously considering very early retirement. Also, the ridge on An Teallach is bloody terrifying.

why is that so much nicer than all the places i have to go to?

#jealous
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    As I said, it's probably one of about 5 days of the year where it's possible to bivvy without dying from rain, cold or midges in that valley... I imagine it would be living hell most of the time
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    #SaveOxo

skiving today feel like crap so consoling myself by lying on the sofa with the dog.

You can all mock an idiot (me) pedalling up a hill

46972438905_410c3440a7_b.jpg
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Morning post whores, back in work after 3 days "working" on the the Isle Of Wight, god what a dull place that is...

Rushed weekend as usual, Manchester followed by family meal followed by ferrying kids around followed by helping MrsHD with some accounts.

Glad to be back to normality with a 5.45 wake up call and a Cragg Vale loop to wake me up.

If anyone has any advice on how to stop resorting to Gin to stay calm I'd be glad to hear it, I'm pretty sure that it's the reason my belly isn't shrinking.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    There was an earthquake off the coast of there HD, feel any wobbles?

I say quake it as a 3 on the richter scale so not really much.
  • haydenm
    If anyone has any advice on how to stop resorting to Gin to stay calm I'd be glad to hear it, I'm pretty sure that it's the reason my belly isn't shrinking.

Beer or wine if you fancy a change.
  • homers_double
    No earthquakes to report I'm afraid and resorting to wine would be even worse.

I wonder if a cup of tea would hit the spot...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    what are you mixing the gin with?

switch to neat vodka
  • homers_double
    Tonic water, what else?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:
    #SaveOxo

skiving today feel like crap so consoling myself by lying on the sofa with the dog.

You can all mock an idiot (me) pedalling up a hill

46972438905_410c3440a7_b.jpg
    Nice one Step. I'll see if I can root out one of me "racing" through the streets of Coventry the other week...
  • sungod
    Tonic water, what else?
    can be a lot of calories in tonic water
  • hopkinb
    Here you go. You can mock me as well now!

SSP-JH-J316567.jpg
    heads and tails online
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here, but I'm under the illusion I may be winning. You'll all be glad to hear I don't have pictures of me riding a bike. Unsurprisingly I didn't finish putting the bike back together yesterday so wobbled in on the pub hack, it's actually a reasonable bike to ride so no great hardship. Have to drive in tomorrow as the Mrs has now sprained her other ankle as a result of nursing the bad ankle. :roll: If she was a horse she would have been put down some time ago, may be best if I don't point this out to her.
    got to go and see a cousin that is over from Canadanadia tonight, this means no bike fettling until tomorrow night which is dull.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Happy bike selfie day.

I'm looking at action cameras for my bike - not just to record Mr Creosote in his X5 trying to run me over on the way to work, but also things like turning a corner on a country lane to find a horse at a gate wiggling it's arse at me. Hopefully I can make enough money selling stuff like that to trash websites to retire early like Hayden.
    Thinking of a little Mobius 2 rather than a Virb 360.

Hopefully the sun will stay out this evening for a nice ride after work.
  • homers_double
    Looks like an evening ride is on the cards for me too, or am I jinxing it by saying that?

Brother in Law picked up a Roubaix last night so will be itching to take it out for a spin.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Forgot to add, first proper ride on the new steel framed mtb tonight. It arrived while I was away and I spent all day yesterday building it and drilling holes in it. Hooray for new bike day
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    I like the sit up and beg position Step :wink:

Could Coventry survive an impact from a hurtling Hoppy?
    Perhaps it would do some improvement.

An earthquake in Dudley (2003) did £2m worth of improvement.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Tonic water, what else?

Pour the tonic down the sink.

Take a receptacle. Add ice. Pour in 15ml of white vermouth. Pour in 85ml of gin. Stir well. Pour through a strainer into a frozen martini glass. Add either a strip of lemon zest or a couple of olives on a cocktail stick.

20190505-183641.jpg

Take a receptacle. Add ice. Pour in 30 ml each of gin, red vermouth and campari. Stir well. Pour through a strainer into a tumbler, which contains a single large ice cube. Add a a strip of orange zest and a shake of orange bitters.
  • hopkinb
    Aaah. You want to stop drinking gin.

Hmmm. Xanax.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    HaydenM wrote:
    Forgot to add, first proper ride on the new steel framed mtb tonight. It arrived while I was away and I spent all day yesterday building it and drilling holes in it. Hooray for new bike day
    Hooray!!! POIDH. I like my steel framed MTB.
  • tlw1
    Look at the front cover of cycling weekly 24 April 2014......