Campagnolo Shifter Clamp/Bolts

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited May 2019 in Road buying advice
As many people have done (looking at the internet) I have rounded the recessed/female Allen bolt on my Athena levers and need new bolts. You can get them on line but they are nearly £30 as they include the clamp which is not required.

Does anyone know of a supplier where I can just get the bolt? Its not something a hardware shop would carry IMO and the heads are chamfered to fit under the hoods.

Cheers.

Comments

• shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    Try local bike shops, some might have the part kicking around, especially older shops where there was much more of a repair mentality rather than simple replace
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    can you post a piccie of the bolt? some of us may have something in a tub somewhere.

malcolm is also a campag dealer so he may have something

#recessed
    #positiveinsertion
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bmxboy10
    https://www.totalcycling.com/Mobile/en/ ... 22326.aspx

Cheers guys. It’s the Allen bolt in the attached link with chamfered shoulders. It’s a female bolt.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Make sure you use a Torx key otherwise rounding it out is almost certain.
    It's a Torx bolt, not an Allen bolt.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Looking at the image above it is technically not a bolt - more like a sleeved nut with a torx head so that you can tighten it onto the captive bolt that operates on the clamping band.

Looks not unlike what is used to secure brake calipers tho I'm not sure if the thread size is the same.

s-l225.jpg

They come in various lengths and the shortest one (as pictured above) may do the trick. Ask at your LBS - they will probably have several knocking about. Alternatively they are readily available in Fleabay and the like.
  • bmxboy10
    arlowood wrote:
    Looking at the image above it is technically not a bolt - more like a sleeved nut with a torx head so that you can tighten it onto the captive bolt that operates on the clamping band.

Looks not unlike what is used to secure brake calipers tho I'm not sure if the thread size is the same.

s-l225.jpg

They come in various lengths and the shortest one (as pictured above) may do the trick. Ask at your LBS - they will probably have several knocking about. Alternatively they are readily available in Fleabay and the like.

That would work - ill look on ebay ta.
  • bmxboy10
    Just been to the garage and I have two of the shimano bolts in the tool box. 3 mins later all sorted and £30 better off cheers guys! Result!
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Tidy.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    That is what I like to see on this forum. A guy has a problem and gets it sorted. No snide comments . No smart arses.
    Have a nice day everyone. :D
  • bmxboy10
    lesfirth wrote:
    That is what I like to see on this forum. A guy has a problem and gets it sorted. No snide comments . No smart arses.
    Me too! Thanks again
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,584
    lesfirth wrote:
    Mostly due to being a sensible question instead of troll bait.
    Have a nice day.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • To add to an old thread: Same thread and diameter as brake Allen nut. Worked for me.