Giro 2019, Stage 7: Vasto - L'Aquila 185 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Plaza feeling yesterday's effort. 39
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    If Rojas gets dropped it may help . Conti looking lost in that jersey on the front of the bunch
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Plaza throwing a lot of shapes as he slides off the back.of the break like a broken old man
  • mididoctors
    Relentless speed in the break. Getting Darwinian
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    right im going to watch it this evening on the turbo :)

ride with the pros
  • mididoctors
    UAE Vs movistar into the final
  • mididoctors
    UAE dying Rojas less than 10 seconds off the virtual jersey
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Not sure that Landa and Carapaz will be too keen for Rojas to take the maglia rosa.....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133
    UAE dying Rojas less than 10 seconds off the virtual jersey

Now in the virtual lead by 1 second
  • mididoctors
    Not sure that Landa and Carapaz will be too keen for Rojas to take the maglia rosa.....
    seems very premature but I guess it's the plan
  • blazing_saddles
    Well, Trek say enough is enough and take over from UAE.
    Bardiani helping out too.
  • mididoctors
    Trek come to UAE rescue.
  • mididoctors
    Trek not that strong struggling a bit
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Who are Trek riding for for this?
  • mididoctors

Oomen.. maybe they reckon he can get the jersey in the tt
  • mididoctors
    Few teams adding firepower. Gap coming down
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,133

I think it's unlikely they are riding for Oomen.

Brambilla maybe?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Plaza and Rojas again. McCarthy and Formolo are interesting too. Rojas is a bit of a anchor as far as UAE are concerned
    I'd guess Formolo is in reality Bora's GC man, not Majka, despite what one might initially think - Majka there for stage wins, of the type he's done in the past. Afterall Formolo has finished 10th in the last two Giros.

I had the impression earlier that the break (or some members of it) had the brake on, because of Formolo's presence (and possibly Bilbao's too). And recognising that they wouldn't achieve a good margin of time, is why De Gendt decided to abandon the endeavour. Although the gap has actually increased since he and a couple of others are no longer in the break.*

*Edit: but only increased for a relatively short while.
    seems very premature but I guess it's the plan
    Movistar may only be hoping Rojas in Rosa distracts their competitors from Landa and Carapaz.
  • blazing_saddles
    4 kms to the next climb. I don't think they are going to survive.
  • blazing_saddles

I think it's unlikely they are riding for Oomen.

Brambilla maybe?

Yeah, especially as he rides for Sunweb. :lol:
  • mididoctors
    The bunch has ceased to gain time. Teams bluffing on the front of the bunch
  • mididoctors
    4 kms to the next climb. I don't think they are going to survive.
    need commitment from everyone in the break
  • mididoctors
    Zeits and McCarthy blow from the break
  • mididoctors
    Peloton spread across the road
  • mididoctors
    Henao dropped
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Formolo better not take this after I chose him yesterday for PTP...
  • mididoctors
    Attack out the bunch?
  • mididoctors
    Gallopin ridden off the wheels
  • mididoctors
    Gallopin gets back on
  • mididoctors
    Rojas gets back on!