Help identifying new bike parts

pledgeX
pledgeX Posts: 3
edited May 2019 in Road general
Hi all. I’ve just bought a new bike (Vitus Vitesse Evo CRi Disc Ultegra Di2). The bike was bought online and delivered pre-built. Inside the box there was a whole load of accessories and parts that I have no idea what they are, and there’s no hints in any of the manuals of what they may be! I took the bike out for a quick spin last night and everything seemed to be working nicely. Brakes and shifters certainly working nice and smoothly.

In case it helps, the shifters are Ultegra R8070 Di2, the brakes are Ultegra BR-RS8020, and the following are the items identified by the e-tube app: BT-DN110, EW-RS910, FD-R8050, RD-8050-GS, ST-R8070-L, ST-R8070-R.

Anyone able to help me identify the following? The only thing I can work is the big black rubber strip in the middle which is used to stop things slipping. Possibly for the reflectors that were also included.

ooiEXdf.jpg

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Big black thing is a chain stay protector, orange things are spacers to go in the place of discs if transporting the bike with wheels off, yellow thing above is a bleed block, shims and wavy washers on the left for headset or cranks, white square things at the top look like heli tape to protect the frame from cable rub. That's a start, white thing below the bleed block could be an adaptor to use when bleeding the brakes but I'm guessing now.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    The black semi cylinders on the right look like adaptors to fit a Di2 battery into the seatpost. The crooked black thing on the far right might be the tool to fit Di2 plugs into sockets (though that's a guess from someone who doesn't use Di2). The small white things look like the fittings for wheel reflectors. Pedal spacers possibly in the clear plastic bag. I'd guess the black thing to the right of the chainstay protector is to go around cables to prevent them rubbing. Finally, the screws in the middle might be bottle cage screws.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    nice floor by the way.

#flooring
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pledgeX
    pledgeX Posts: 3
    nice floor by the way.

#flooring
    Sorry to disappoint, but that's the kitchen worktop!

Thanks for the answers folks. Really helpful. :)
  • I'd say all of the above sound about right (can confirm the far right tool is for removing and inserting etubes into their respective ports). Two black rubber "half", thingies to the left of it are bungs to help you install Di2 battery in seat tube as suggested.

I'd LOVE to know what that bloody segmented bit of rubber is to the right of the chainstay strip! Got a couple of these in the toolbox, and I've never figured out what they're for :lol:
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    I'd LOVE to know what that bloody segmented bit of rubber is to the right of the chainstay strip! Got a couple of these in the toolbox, and I've never figured out what they're for :lol:

You cut it to length and wrap it around cable outer/hoses to stop rub on the frame.