Chpt3 JJ

spannerdude
spannerdude Posts: 56
edited August 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi
Has anyone bought a Chpt3 JJ (jersey jacket)

I have read about them and wondered is it the next gabba, or something different, would it replace a original alpha jersey or jacket?
it does look quite cool

Cheers

Comments

• Can't see as there are many who want to wear that overpriced tat, brand needs to die a slow painful death leading to bankruptcy of the owner
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Cheaper at Sigma. I think prices have come down since the range first came out. It's not my cup of tea.
  • shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    over priced, over hyped. Stick to Castelli if you want a gabba
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    shiznit76 wrote:

The same goes for the alpha jacket
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    shiznit76 wrote:

It is Castelli!! :D:D

https://www.castelli-cycling.com/dk/chapter3
  • spannerdude
    Not a lot of love for Chpt3 then
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    errr - not really

ugly
    overpriced (£15 for a pair of socks?)
    and millar is a doper

#nothankyou
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    The standard of advice and interlocution on this site has gone way down hill
    errr - not really

ugly
    overpriced (£15 for a pair of socks?)
    and millar is a doper

#nothankyou
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
    Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...
  • Matthewfalle
    #shortandsuccinct

#buyelsewhere

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    all points are also undeniable fact.

#fact

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975

#fact

Millar was def a doper and worse he tried to treat us as fools as well. (seems to work for many though)

Now i see Eurosport have Mr jiffy bag dodgy excuse Wiggins doing the Millar spot on their channel.
  • Matthewfalle
    but but but but but but but but davey just kept the used vials (or was it syringes?) as souvenirs and then said that he was very sorry and had been a very naughty boy so that's all ok then especially as we is British a not a Johnny Foreigner in which case he would have been branded a cheat.

#naughtynaughtudopeyMillar
    #pluscachange

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Bit off thread there by some people. Yes it's expensive kit and it is made by Castelli but it's very well made. The stuff I have I got off ebay but wouldn't pay full price.
  • Matthewfalle
    look beyond the brand and who you are supporting.

how many would buy kit from landis, vino & dopestrong?

#morals

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • amrushton
    in that case you might as well bin Trek/Giro/Oakley/Sidi/POC and any other brands that any banned rider has used as they are guilty by association.
  • Matthewfalle
    theres guilty by association and guilty as setting up. its the doper's company. completely different

#doper
    #cheat
    #liar

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    theres guilty by association and guilty as setting up. its the doper's company. completely different

#doper
    #cheat
    #liar

Glad I don’t live in this world where if you make a mistake (at a time when it was the norm), then apologise for that mistake offering full transparency on who was involved, pay a 2 year penalty with no income for it, then spend a lot of time and money campaigning to ensure that other people don’t make the same mistake - you still aren’t allowed to have any kind of career or earn an income for the rest of your life.

In cycling in that era, everyone doped. If you can’t move past that then move away from cycling, sadly it’s intertwined in the history and fabric of the sport.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Those socks for £15 do look like the ones you'd get in a 5 pack for a quid in the supermarket but then again they're probably incredibly trendy.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stueys wrote:

#doper
    #cheat
    #liar

Glad I don’t live in this world where if you make a mistake (at a time when it was the norm), then apologise for that mistake offering full transparency on who was involved, pay a 2 year penalty with no income for it, then spend a lot of time and money campaigning to ensure that other people don’t make the same mistake - you still aren’t allowed to have any kind of career or earn an income for the rest of your life.

In cycling in that era, everyone doped. If you can’t move past that then move away from cycling, sadly it’s intertwined in the history and fabric of the sport.

utter tosh.

#doper
    #cheat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Who was clean, didn’t cheat and didn’t dope?
    I’d wager not many. #cantdoitonbreadandwater
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    #doper
    #worsttype
    #dreamstealer

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

#fact

Millar was def a doper and worse he tried to treat us as fools as well. (seems to work for many though)

Now i see Eurosport have Mr jiffy bag dodgy excuse Wiggins doing the Millar spot on their channel.

but he's british so we can forget all about that. never happened. walk on, nothing to see here.

#alejandroisright

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Stueys wrote:

#doper
    #cheat
    #liar

Sorry but this is the worst kind of revisionist history.
    He didn't 'make a mistake' he deliberately chose to dope, the needles didn't inject him by accident, nobody held him down and injected him against his will or held his nearest and dearest hostage until he doped, he did it knowingly and willingly.
    He only apologised and offered full transparency after getting caught and only after firstly trying to blame his team and then the sport for pressuring him to dope like he's not a grown up who can make his own decisions but 'sir sir it was the bigger boy who made me do it'.
    The two year penalty and loss of income was the very well known and presumably accepted sanction for those getting caught who decided willingly, like him that it was worth the risk so absolutely no sympathy.
    Where's all this alleged campaigning that he's supposed to be doing?. All I ever see is him pushing his business interests, where's the outrage and condemnation of doping in cycling.
    It's all faux piety and hand rubbing from someone who presumably would have carried on doping quite happily if he'd not go caught.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Matthewfalle
    Stueys wrote:

#doper
    #cheat
    #liar

Sorry but this is the worst kind of revisionist history.
    He didn't 'make a mistake' he deliberately chose to dope, the needles didn't inject him by accident, nobody held him down and injected him against his will or held his nearest and dearest hostage until he doped, he did it knowingly and willingly.
    He only apologised and offered full transparency after getting caught and only after firstly trying to blame his team and then the sport for pressuring him to dope like he's not a grown up who can make his own decisions but 'sir sir it was the bigger boy who made me do it'.
    The two year penalty and loss of income was the very well known and presumably accepted sanction for those getting caught who decided willingly, like him that it was worth the risk so absolutely no sympathy.
    Where's all this alleged campaigning that he's supposed to be doing?. All I ever see is him pushing his business interests, where's the outrage and condemnation of doping in cycling.
    It's all faux piety and hand rubbing from someone who presumably would have carried on doping quite happily if he'd not go caught.

this. very well presented.

#correct

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Stueys wrote:

#doper
    #cheat
    #liar

He sat on WADA’s panel and frequently gave talks\speeches re doping. That he’s freely invested time on anti doping is irrefutable.

I’m not defending what he did, I am arguing that everyone has a right to earn some level of redemption and in Millar’s case I believe he meets that bar.
  • spannerdude
    I only wanted to know it the JJ was any good :?
    It sounds like a good product
  • Matthewfalle
    may be the best product ever but what about your moral compass?

#doper

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    edited May 2019
    Was going to make flippant comment about compass wobbles, but then thought....
    Is there any clothing product on the market 100% morally sound?
    Slave labour, animal rights, environmentally, etc, etc...... A few enhancements really is small fish.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • amrushton
    And yet Russia who are currently the Kings of state sponsored doping (other sponsors may be available) get a slapped wrist and no one here huffs about them. Other people become misty eyed when Pantani is mentioned and prob others are happy to drive in VAG cars or fly on Boeing aircraft yet somehow find David Millar to be a public enemy
  • Matthewfalle
    amrushton wrote:
    And yet Russia who are currently the Kings of state sponsored doping (other sponsors may be available) get a slapped wrist and no one here huffs about them. Other people become misty eyed when Pantani is mentioned and prob others are happy to drive in VAG cars or fly on Boeing aircraft yet somehow find David Millar to be a public enemy

because he's a hypocritical lying doping cheat making money out of something that you can directly influence and as a cyclist should want to influence

#doper
    #cheat
    #moralcompass

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.