sungod Posts: 16,434
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc for coffee and lols, early bail i think
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it feels a bit cooler this morning, lawn needs cutting, bike needs riding , I need my breakfast
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny out. Mrs H3 crashing about since 6 as she's flying out to BCN. Leaving me with the kidz. Haribos and chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner for them. Steak, asparagus and sauce bearnaise for me.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wife been away all week, split meals ensure everyone is happy (unless they spot me having steak)

Later is the pub, but not drinking as ironically driving over to organise a cycling trip
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Cool but nice this morning. Didn't get much sleep so went the short, quick way to work but average speed was terrible :(
    On the plus side last night's fettling seems to have sorted out the squealing brakes and the rattling noises.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, I may don some aviators an play fortunate son while going to work. Airsoft M4A1 on my back maybe?

Shattered same boat as thistle but bloody night jars an owls not cats.
    Throw a grenade an run day at work been subverted into swapping out a pile of IT kit our engineers use so it'll be dash in an out before they realise.

Some turbo action later an possibly new bars appearing, turned out they were ordering stock that morning. If they don't appear it'll be a recovery bevarage at the pub
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

lovely here so feel a chilled out day coming on. Just got back from stores following issue of another load of kit for deployment. not sure how much of this junk i can actully store before my house explodes at the seams.how many pairs of trousers can one man wear/need?

may head to the gym in a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    Haribos and chocolate for breakfast...

Good luck with that one. Let us know how you get on.

Dunno what it is about cats howling but it makes me laugh my socks off. Our old Egyptian tabby cat used to howl at a full moon.

Now I need to get a shifty on as I have an appt. at 12.30 and I want to strip the transmission, clean it and put it all back together and have a shower beforehand. Maybe I should go reach the Haribo and chocolate.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    Dunno what it is about cats howling but it makes me laugh my socks off. Our old Egyptian tabby cat used to howl at a full moon.
    Next door and next door but one's dogs are a bit like that, they'll run out the door and growl/howl/bark at nothing. Sonetimes they go crazy if I'm out fixing a bike, other times they just sit there watching.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sitting on the helmet on this huey?

Busy day busy world but such is life for all of us except MF.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

well, just had to fill out a security vetting form. that took 30 minutes. now i have to go and get some lunch.

its not all sitting around drinking coffee you know.

#busybusybusy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    edited May 2019
    Early walk, then brekky and logged on for work to find... not much. Wandered off to bludge for a while, did other stuff, checked again, still not much to do, made that last till lunch. Semi-snoozed through a Webex after lunch, then had to vacate the home office for a couple hours while O/H did some paperwork, so I had to go fully snooze in a deck chair in the sun.

Stopped by shed to do turbo session and rowing machine.

Checked work. Still nothing, but added timesheet entry for the day anyway. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:
    Next door and next door but one's dogs are a bit like that, they'll run out the door and growl/howl/bark at nothing. Sonetimes they go crazy if I'm out fixing a bike, other times they just sit there watching.
    Used to be the foxes that woke us up, but they don't come in the garden much now that we've got a dog. I guess the dog scent puts them off. Luckily the only time Muttley barks when he's in the garden is if he sees a cat sitting on the fence/shed roof.

Day of trying to set objectives and dealing with stroppy tw@ts. May need to invoke my magic head office powers and pull rank on them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Flâneur wrote:

pile of flak vests is comfier

currently tranquil at gmc, went and sat in the sun watching the ducks etc. go by, had the idea of hiring a few boats for a team meeting (i.e. bubbly and racing)
  • Matthewfalle
    have been issued new pants and they are well comfy. best thing thats ever been issued to me.

#testicularjoy
    #reassuringsupport

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    now just sitting in the sun eating a chicken tikka sandwich. will wash it down with a protein shake and go to the gymnasium.

#sandwich

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    currently tranquil at gmc, went and sat in the sun watching the ducks etc. go by, had the idea of hiring a few boats for a team meeting (i.e. bubbly and racing)
    I was going to suggest something similar at our team meeting for the next one...except at the team meeting they were talking about how someone in the company was recently killed while out on a boat so thought it would be best not to bring it up.
  • step83
    Seem to recall ours banned us from competitive team building nonsense on the grounds it was too competitive.

Awaiting a break some moron set a conference call for half one no doubt have a string of nonsensical tasks off the back of it. May go thwack him with my drinks bottle, its metal so will make a nice noise, quite weighty when full of water too.

#bashy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Step83 wrote:
    Seem to recall ours banned us from competitive team building nonsense on the grounds it was too competitive.

Awaiting a break some moron set a conference call for half one no doubt have a string of nonsensical tasks off the back of it. May go thwack him with my drinks bottle, its metal so will make a nice noise, quite weighty when full of water too.

#bashy
    I declined to go to a department team-building day once, and the boss called me in to give me a hard time. I simply asked how going to a Paintball game - at which the staff would be divided into two or three teams, and the aim for each "team" was to kill the entire complement of the others - was intended to foster a feeling of team spirit? His answer that it would be simply "fun".

I pointed out that not too long prior a friend of mine had taken an actual 12 gauge shotgun and used it on himself, so I found the concept of play guns and killing people decidedly not fun.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    We once had a bridge building evening with another company, some bright spark decided indoor karting was a good idea. It got more than a little competitive to say the least, but we locked out the podium much to their chagrin. Their marketing man punted me off in one of the heats and when I told him it was deliberate he told me it was just racing. He didn't last long in the final, I punted him off hard on my way to taking third place. He was furious, especially when I laughed and told him it was racing.
    Another busy day of buying stuff here, helps the time pass. Lovely and sunny out but unfortunately I had to drive the Mrs in so no wobble for me. Later is beer and curry for a mate's birthday. This is good. Went for a beer with the lad and one of his mates last night as they are down for their friend's funeral. That's going to be a tough day. He's got to get back to Brum tonight for a math's exam tomorrow morning. But then he's back for the summer at the end of next week.
    Went to get some lunch, ended up with a Gregg's sausage roll and a steak bake. I can feel my arteries clogging so I believe I should drink some vodka to dissolve the fat and thin my blood.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

#bashy
    I declined to go to a department team-building day once, and the boss called me in to give me a hard time. I simply asked how going to a Paintball game - at which the staff would be divided into two or three teams, and the aim for each "team" was to kill the entire complement of the others - was intended to foster a feeling of team spirit? His answer that it would be simply "fun".

I pointed out that not too long prior a friend of mine had taken an actual 12 gauge shotgun and used it on himself, so I found the concept of play guns and killing people decidedly not fun.

Yeah I can see why that would temper your enjoyment somewhat.
    Work suggested a fair few but we have a couple of disabled staff and on the grounds of being "inclusive" it kind of limits what options they have.

Also I'm banned from the paintball/airsoft venture still after an airsoft incident involving a claymore and a childs face and about 200 pellets...
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

#bashy

i'd have refused to go on account of a) it sounds shiitt, b) shooting people with anything isn't really fun.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    shooting people with anything isn't really fun.
    Shooting my brother with spud guns and pea shooters in the 1980's was ok. However, otherwise I agree with you.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Step83 wrote:

#bashy

i'd have refused to go on account of a) it sounds shiitt, b) shooting people with anything isn't really fun.
    You sure you've made the right choice of employer MF?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    ... Wandered off to bludge for a while...
    Bludge. A word I've not heard / read in a while. Made me smile. Thanks 'spinner.
  • hopkinb
    orraloon wrote:
    ... Wandered off to bludge for a while...
    Bludge. A word I've not heard / read in a while. Made me smile. Thanks 'spinner.
    Aye, not since Neighbours and Home & Away as a stoodent. Great word.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    surely mf helps the wounded survive, that's an excellent career choice!
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    surely mf helps the wounded survive, that's an excellent career choice!
    Probably why he doesn't like guns. Sees and tries to patch up the damage they do to our delicate bodies, armed only with calpol and plasters.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We once had a bridge building evening...
    Their marketing man punted me off in one of the heats and when I told him it was deliberate he told me it was just racing. He didn't last long in the final, I punted him off hard on my way to taking third place. He was furious, especially when I laughed and told him it was racing...

Any wonder?

Pinno's top Jackanory No#56

Eon's ago there was a Grey and white cat who used to visit. He belonged to the farm adjacent to us and took to sniffing around the girls - Midnight, Squidgy Muffin and Higgins. Higgins was called thus because a) we thought she was a Tom cat and b) loved knocking the snooker balls into the pockets.
    The problem was that the girls were never sniffing right because they were spayed. Nevertheless, he used to visit and could often be found sleeping in the utility room courtesy of the cat flap.

One fine day, said cat came round looking for attention and my dearly departed Spaniel, Brutus, who had no quarrel with cats after they put him in his place when he was an over playful pup, was sat next to me.
    I patted the cat in a friendly way and the cat turned on me.
    This flicked Brutus's protective button and he barked very animatedly at this cat. This would have elicited a claw from our moggies but the grey and white cat took flight and Brutus followed. The fence came to the cat's rescue. Rescued from what, I do not know for this is the dog that once caught a rabbit and started licking it.

Then one dark night, Brutus was asleep on the floor, legs in the air, periodic dreaming which sent the legs moving and I whispered "Naught pussy cat - can you hear pussy cat?". He up-righted from his back in an instant. looked at me, looked towards the window and I said "Shhh, come with me..."
    Barely able to contain his excitement, all 4 paws struggling for grip on the lino whilst I lead him to the door and opened it. Woof woof woof woof - off he went into the pitch black...
    Long pause and a very happy dog, wagging his tail, happy to have done his duty, proud as punch returned.

I did this often. It was reserved for late at night when there is no way his sight could have penetrated the dark and he had no idea that the Grey cat never did come back after being chased the first time.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We once had a bridge building evening...
    Their marketing man punted me off in one of the heats and when I told him it was deliberate he told me it was just racing. He didn't last long in the final, I punted him off hard on my way to taking third place. He was furious, especially when I laughed and told him it was racing...

Any wonder?

Pinno's top Jackanory No#56

Eon's ago there was a Grey and white cat who used to visit. He belonged to the farm adjacent to us and took to sniffing around the girls - Midnight, Squidgy Muffin and Higgins. Higgins was called thus because a) we thought she was a Tom cat and b) loved knocking the snooker balls into the pockets.
    The problem was that the girls were never sniffing right because they were spayed. Nevertheless, he used to visit and could often be found sleeping in the utility room courtesy of the cat flap.

One fine day, said cat came round looking for attention and my dearly departed Spaniel, Brutus, who had no quarrel with cats after they put him in his place when he was an over playful pup, was sat next to me.
    I patted the cat in a friendly way and the cat turned on me.
    This flicked Brutus's protective button and he barked very animatedly at this cat. This would have elicited a claw from our moggies but the grey and white cat took flight and Brutus followed. The fence came to the cat's rescue. Rescued from what, I do not know for this is the dog that once caught a rabbit and started licking it.

Then one dark night, Brutus was asleep on the floor, legs in the air, periodic dreaming which sent the legs moving and I whispered "Naught pussy cat - can you hear pussy cat?". He up-righted from his back in an instant. looked at me, looked towards the window and I said "Shhh, come with me..."
    Barely able to contain his excitement, all 4 paws struggling for grip on the lino whilst I lead him to the door and opened it. Woof woof woof woof - off he went into the pitch black...
    Long pause and a very happy dog, wagging his tail, happy to have done his duty, proud as punch returned.

I did this often. It was reserved for late at night when there is no way his sight could have penetrated the dark and he had no idea that the Grey cat never did come back after being chased the first time.

This is getting weird. Too weird for me. Nite nite.
  • step83
    An there in lies the lesson of mixing prescription medication and alcohol....