sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

more gmc, more coffee, more webex, more pineapple, more
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH - which meant a nice walk with the hound but had to get up early to do it as had to wake up the rugrats
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a lovely sunny morning again,I have the gas engineer coming this morning to service the boiler, hopefully he won’t be to long , I think a steady pootle around the countryside is in in order later
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning from the shire, late start today as I had a call at silly o clock from work so rules mean late start now.
    Currently wandering along a fire road with doggo lovely an quiet, no fire in sight, will wander down into town an get a coffee shortly.

Matt, had a proper look, bars are a gogo so I'll order them when I'm in there, lbs is also a cracking coffee shop so win win.

Later is the misery of fixing the broken gumph unless BT snuck in then home possibly pub garden time.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Nice and sunny here too.
    Everything was going well until I opened Outlook and saw people wanting things.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning folks. Currently at work calming down after walking into a big brown steaming pile. NS guy did a runner an hour before I arrived having screwed stuff up as usual. Taken till now to rectify, can't wait to repay it back.
    You could literally leave a big brown steaming pile for him somewhere.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely day out there down here as well. Pleasant wobble in through the sunshine. Lots of cars and lorrys in a rarely used car park as I rode through Bushy Park, film crew with all the associated bollox. I was sorely tempted to join the queue at the food truck, I'm sure they would have fed me.
    Not much else going on. Should go and see the old dear this evening as she is off to Verona tomorrow, but the lad is down from uni tonight for his mate's funeral tomorrow. Hopefully see the old dear early and get back before the lad turns up.
    Just got horribly waylaid, a couple of the lads in the office have started wobbling to work and have discovered Strava. We have a keen triathlete here that is 20 years younger than me and takes his training seriously. They are now finding all the Strava segments around here where he's not quickest of us and winding him up. I need to get H³ to do my riding for me.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Morning all, hopefully a shorter than usual day in the orrofice today as I need to go home and pack.

No riding this morning though, small people and all that.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    a couple of the lads in the office have started wobbling to work and have discovered Strava. We have a keen triathlete here that is 20 years younger than me and takes his training seriously. They are now finding all the Strava segments around here where he's not quickest of us and winding him up.
    We had a similar situation here: a couple of guys started riding to work and having competitions to see if they could beat my times on Strava but made the mistake of telling me so I quickly put them out of their reach.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    a couple of the lads in the office have started wobbling to work and have discovered Strava. We have a keen triathlete here that is 20 years younger than me and takes his training seriously. They are now finding all the Strava segments around here where he's not quickest of us and winding him up.
    We had a similar situation here: a couple of guys started riding to work and having competitions to see if they could beat my times on Strava but made the mistake of telling me so I quickly put them out of their reach.
    Which ones are those? Just saying.....
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Which ones are those? Just saying.....
    There's a couple in particular but generally all of them :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Currently dealing with idiots trying to play games and kick projects into the long grass because they CBA. I'm feeling like a re-enactment of the Pulp Fiction scene where Samuel L Jackon gives some punks a good bible reading before dishing out a suitable death-based punishment.

In other news, out for cider and curry tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

the MFs have just been blessed by a priest wearing Ray Bans in a multi storey car park.

#Protection
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    ciao

the MFs have just been blessed by a priest wearing Ray Bans in a multi storey car park.

#Protection

Are they off somewhere where they might need a blessing? Glorious weather in this London. If I didn't have to collect mini from after school club, I'd be taking an extended ride home and to blazes with the sore legs.

I must buy some nice jerseys and matching socks for summer posing. My summer jerseys are all ratty as hell, not bought one for 3 years. Who makes a stylish jersey with a good tight sleeve?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    castelli rosso corsa (medium) for me - the rosso corsa ones are race cut, they have others in a more relaxed fit

though their current designs are a bit bland vs. earlier years, caused by the boring sky/ineos i suspect
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    Morvelo with the nth range? they are quite snug I find, but I have to go to XL because cake reasons. If not Chapeau do some nice block colour options or as SG mentioned Castelli but they are a bit boring.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    ciao

#Protection

Are they off somewhere where they might need a blessing?

not really, no. they went to the Post Office and then to print out some photographs, so nothing dangerous at all.

but hey, they'll take a blessing if its going.

#divineprotection

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Morvelo do look agreeably bonkers. Will have a proper browse.

All my autumn/winter/spring jerseys are castelli - perfetto light short sleeve (super piece of kit), alpha jersey (same, going to buy the ros version), gabba (rarely wear). All the summer jerseys which are looking a bit tired are rosso corsa (xl though obvs, what with the beer and the nuts). I really should branch out.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    First effing wasp sting of the year. Base of thumb just above the wrist, swelled like a good 'un. Mega anti histamine devoured when got home, trust the ache will reduce soon. Little evil stripey barstewards.
  • step83
    Just a thought hoppy, Pendas do nice retro themed ones, Stolen goat if you want lairy and Galibier do some less in your face options too.
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:
    First effing wasp sting of the year. Base of thumb just above the wrist, swelled like a good 'un. Mega anti histamine devoured when got home, trust the ache will reduce soon. Little evil stripey barstewards.

just whank it off. trusted medical tecnique.

#trustaHCP

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    + 1 for Prendas. Great guys to deal with.
    I have a Castelli something or other tight fit. Couldn't get on with it. Cost a bit and must have worn it twice. I doubt it would fit you Hoppy due to the spinach and carrot juice*.

*Who am I kidding?

However, I have dipped below 67 kg's for the first time since January.
    It's been a mad run around today. I did manage the longest ride since the hip op - 28 miles. Mostly flat - stiff headwind on the way out that blew me nicely home with a spin at 25 mph along one of the streets in 'Toon. I am chuffed with myself but bloody knackered.
    Must do some more stretching before I seize up.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    I'm surprised you didn't claim it was a leaver wasp. Or a Tory one :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I have a Castelli something or other tight fit. Couldn't get on with it. Cost a bit and must have worn it twice. I doubt it would fit you Hoppy due to the spinach and carrot juice*.

*Who am I kidding?

It's been a mad run around today. I did manage the longest ride since the hip op - 28 miles. Mostly flat - stiff headwind on the way out that blew me nicely home with a spin at 25 mph along one of the streets in 'Toon. I am chuffed with myself but bloody knackered.
    You fat bastard - as they sing to Roy Chubby Brown.
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Going to check out prendas, morvelo and chapeau to make a change from the castelli. Thanks guys.

I literally can not remember ever being 67 kg. I suppose I was once. :D

I was 95 kg in my rugby playing heyday of 18 to 22. Then down to 80 odd playing football and being young from 23 to 30. Hit 103 kg aged 39. Now a stable 85 kg for 5 years since all the cycling lost that 18kg in a year.

I have Carapaz in my giro fantasy team, which is nice.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

*Who am I kidding?

+2 for Prendas - shyyyt website, nice people.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Prendas has all I need. Peugeot, Molteni, Trofeo baracchi. Also looking at matching socks for the full pose.
  • hopkinb
    I feel slim. The sizing goes up to XXXXXXXXXL. That's 8 x's. I only need an L for a close fit.
  • pinno
    Try this site Hoppy. More kit than you can shake a stick at. I like finding kit from obscure Continental teams but they do stock everything:

https://www.bobshop.com/en/
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Try this site Hoppy. More kit than you can shake a stick at. I like finding kit from obscure Continental teams but they do stock everything:

Ta. I'm going to kit myself out in Bora Hansgrohe, wear some bizarre sunglasses and pretend to be Sagan by wheelieing all the way to work. :D
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Ta. I'm going to kit myself out in Bora Hansgrohe, wear some bizarre sunglasses and pretend to be Sagan by wheelieing all the way to work. :D

Oh no... :roll: