sunday a pineapple burbles mysteriously

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

unpack and rebuild shiny bike, perhaps a test bimble and cafe

what happened to the temperature, good thing i have some hols arranged :)
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a bright but cold start today, Lincoln gran prix today so an easy day on the bikemy plan is to watch the ladies race, come home for some lunch then pop up to see the men’s race this afternoon
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Meh, yesterday’s quick warm up drink before lunch started an avalanche, thankfully I’ve not got an early flight unlike the current wife.

Today is walk hound and then a local to the old house 10k and a long run into town to pick up the car. At some point I have to drop my pal off at the station and visit the local
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Morning,

Managed to unpack the rest of the stuff from the Northern trip and stash some boxes of photos/slides/videotapes/cine films from my folks house into the loft. Amazingly there was a slide projector and a cine film player in the house that both still worked after being stored away for a good few decades. May get the tapes and film put onto memory stick or DVD though for ease of use.

Next job is to get half the insect population of the UK washed off the front of The Panzer. At least it was a quick end for them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    bimbled and cafed, pleasant in the sun

too many electric scooters around, though on the plus side that should be good for donor organ availability
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Gorgeous day. Just killing the next few mins whilst the bread in the oven finishes.
    Been walking with toots along the beach.

Some clever* irrigation for the lettuces designed and built by Pinno's top irrigation solutions Inc. will be tested after lunch.

*This however, remains to be seen.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Weekend of miscellaneous chores, none of which were particularly memorable. Rode bike on turbo trainer - that counts, doesn't it?

Clearing out gadgets and see what I can sell them for, because I have so many of the damned things... computers, phones, tablets, assorted camera bits, hifi accessories...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Weekend of miscellaneous chores, none of which were particularly memorable. Rode bike on turbo trainer - that counts, doesn't it?

Clearing out gadgets and see what I can sell them for, because I have so many of the damned things... computers, phones, tablets, assorted camera bits, hifi accessories...
    I know what you mean about clearing stuff WS.

But as you live in what us lot think of as paradise, why do the turbo? Was there a rare bout of crap weather?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Smidge over 5 hours for 163km according to strava, which annoyingly worked out at 31.9 kph. Quite pleased given the paucity of proper training.

Some sadist put what little climbing there was at the end of the course, and I had to hop off the bicycle in a hurry when my left hamstring and quad cramped simultaneously. That took a while to work out how to stretch off without making the other side worse.

Lovely day for it. Now to replace all those lost calories. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited May 2019
    ciao! early start at work, did favour for a friend and her bike, now watching the Giro and wondering why the course isn't littered with dead bodies as they are riding rim brakes & tubulars.

next to clean a couple of bikes and have a stern look at the lawnmower to decide how broken it actually is.

#trimlawn
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I know what you mean about clearing stuff WS.

But as you live in what us lot think of as paradise, why do the turbo? Was there a rare bout of crap weather?
    Nah weather was entirely acceptable, although "fresh" for us at about 15 deg C and a bit of breeze, but I've done so little riding for so long I am stuffed after 30 mins... plus my neck is so rubbish that even riding full suspension MTB on grass trail it hurts enough to make my eyes water pretty fast, so the turbo is just easier.

My sister had a habit of buying two of things... 2 phones, two iPads, two spare hard drives, 2 laptop computers, all of which were used basically to do Facebook, email, shopping, and play the odd game or two. One decent phone would have achieved all that. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Smidge over 5 hours for 163km according to strava, which annoyingly worked out at 31.9 kph. Quite pleased given the paucity of proper training.

Some sadist put what little climbing there was at the end of the course, and I had to hop off the bicycle in a hurry when my left hamstring and quad cramped simultaneously. That took a while to work out how to stretch off without making the other side worse.

Lovely day for it. Now to replace all those lost calories. :D

good going though H3 - big het.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Another Sunday morning, another visit to the Eye hospital for the latest jab. This is now #20 of a series stretching back 2.5 years, forward...? Who knows. Sight test results were much better than I had feared, was expecting bad news but in fact bad eye is improving. Good eye meanwhile continues to do all the work and as we all know, more training = better performance. Now assessed as 6/2, i.e. good eye can read at 6m what the 'standard eye' can read at 2m.

So off the bike now for a week, not allowed due to risk of infection / not good to get any dust debris in there. And cannot be arrised to set up the turbo.

Good going Hb. Enjoy those calories.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    A smidge under 20mph is not bad going.
    Faster than Stevo and I on a tandem.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Not to keen on that idea - although not sure what would be worse, being behind you or in front of you...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Not to keen on that idea - although not sure what would be worse, being behind you or in front of you...
    Go behind and imagine he’s the tax man......
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You are one sick puppy :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You are one sick puppy :)
    Thanks