Cost advice - selling a Burley trailer

tangled_metal
tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
We've got no need for a Burley D-lite 2 child trailer. It's in good nick but taking up room in an old, shed. Time to move on but I think it's too good to give to charity like we tend to do with old stuff no longer needed. EBay / gumtree / car boot?

Basically how much to ask and where to sell?

BTW off car booting. Is that a good place to sell? IMHO only people going there are looking to buy at low prices to get a bargain. I'd prefer to sell a trailer that's served us well, a good brand / model and is nearly new standard somewhere where it might make what it's worth.

Any selling on advice? Pricing advice? Even open to offers if you're interested, but that's not my main reason to post.

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I got a really good price for my trailgator on ebay, so I'd certainly make it the first option for a trailer.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    I may be interested. Where are you located?
  • tangled_metal
    I may be interested. Where are you located?
    Just north of Lancaster.

It's about 5 years old so it's the D-lite version with the elastomer style suspension that's basically a kind of rubber shape that seems to take a little out but I believe current models have a spring suspension.

It comes with an orange outer. You can leave the front open and rolled up leaving a mesh screen to prevent grit getting through. It also has a nice silver sun screen that can be slid up or down as needed. Two seats with 5 point straps each. You can use a a single by moving one of those straps into the middle. Then there is plenty of room for kids toys. Our lad used to play with his cars and read books when bored with what's outside he trailer.

Note it is only for towing behind a bike since it doesn't have a front wheel that allows use as a stroller. These single or double wheel adapters are still available.

The handle bars you can push it around with becomes an extra roll cage (frame is a roll cage). I've read on a forum or blog or review about a guy who put his two kids in one and turned it upside down. He shook it around and his kids loved it. Thought it was funny but they weren't hurt.

Is this a good sales pitch?

BTW if you do want it we'll probably accept any reasonable offer but it's collection only, sorry. BTW better it goes to someone who will use it and a family who will enjoy the rides out with it. Good kit gave us good times.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Bit of a schlep. Sadly I am cambs.
  • tangled_metal
    Bit of a schlep. Sadly I am cambs.
    Oh well. Wish it was easier to post. A bit bulky I think.

I hope you find one locally for sale. The D-lite is a really nice child trailer.
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    There's a Family Cycling group over on face ache that might be a decent place to flog it without the overhead charges of fleabay...
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • geomickb
    geomickb Posts: 147
    Have you sold this yet? I may be interested.

Mick