sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafes, bask, one must maintain standards
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning , wet and cold here, not sure what to do today, what’s happening to English football two teams in the European cup final
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH which is nice. So hound walk an hour later, tonight is unplanned
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Damp again here. Training today for a change as in getting it to work.
    Not much to do today when I get there and unfortunately left mischief equipment at home.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    The title of this thread reminded me of this song - https://youtu.be/JZm1krVKzBY not listened to it for ages but a good start to the day!

wet here too, might see if the aldi near me has any cycling stuff left after work but that'll be about the highlight unless something unexpected happens in the second half of the day. I call that the Spurs effect!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sat in lounge at Gatwick waiting for a flight to Oslo.
    Bacon roll is on the way apparently. There is bubbly, but I shall resist. Coffee will have to do. I know standards should be maintained, but it's just too early.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb wrote:
    Bacon roll is on the way apparently. There is bubbly, but I shall resist. Coffee will have to do. I know standards should be maintained, but it's just too early.
    shakes head in disgust
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    shakes head in disgust

Exactly, bubbly and bacon roll, have some class man! pint of cider at the minimum.

Boring weather and boring day ahead got engineers whinging at me already. May feint drowning by dunking my face in coffee
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ffs this weather is 'orrible.

Must go do the things I need to do that I didn't do previously and needed to do then but now have to do now.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    it is never too early for bubbly, breakfast is one of the best times for bubbly, with bacon and eggs i recommend an extra brut, other best times are lunch, dinner, and in between, that is also a best time
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    it is never too early for bubbly, breakfast is one of the best times for bubbly, with bacon and eggs i recommend an extra brut, other best times are lunch, dinner, and in between, that is also a best time
    Not after?

Meh day, some work stuff, and other nuisances to deal with.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Waiting for a text from Screwfix to say my hosepipe has arrived, which will be swiftly followed by the annual Hosepipe Ban.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Planning some rides around the north coast, leaving tomorrow night to stay up north of Poolewe for next week. We have tagged on to a friend's week away with her very posh group of mates. The alcohol bill is already looking astronomical. I think I'll be wearing my investment fund manager hat rather than my forester hat in a vague attempt to fit in because rar rar rar...

Also, tailwind, 16 degrees, sunshine, fast bike. Definately going to do the Bealach Na Ba again, should be a bit more pleasent than on my loaded tourer...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Champagne - best lager money can buy (think that was attributable to Harry Enfield's 'Loadsamoney')

No fizzy wine for me this morning as I drove into work - early enough to drive in bus lanes for most of it and setting a new door to door record with a bit of help from my right foot once I'd achieved minimum safe distance from the house :)

Currently having some fun doing a spot of secret squirrel financial investigative work. Headed North later once the rush hour starts to die down a bit - just as well I packed my warm jacket as looking at the forecast in Redcar, I may well be in bl00dy Oslo.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Due to some astute buying I have a spare sausage roll from Gregg's, not for long. It's more than a little moist here too. Wobbled in on the MTB, could hardly breathe due to the residual man flu loitering. Should be alright for tomorrow though, bike works ok and we won't be riding at high speed. Lots of pub stops will help of course. This could be the slowest 35 miles in the history of man and velocipede. Who do I apply to in order to get the record ratified? Guinness? I'll just ask in a pub then. Will probably get wet tomorrow, might shelter in a pub. Better get on, that sausage roll isn't going to eat itself.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Speaking of bubbly at the airport, how come I can fly Manchester/Milan for £25.99 each way yet to get to Southampton and back its costing over £350?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    lack of competition on internal routes, load factors, maybe making cargo revenue on the milan flight, ultimately it's what the market will bear