Council elections 2019

1235»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,590
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Ouch indeed but just another Tory Fwit demonstrating all the competencies he is berating TM about. Is there one non-idiot among them?

I do take issue with this point though.
    Nigel Farage has matured, and has some serious and credible Euro-Parliamentary candidates
    Rees-Mogg's sister, Anne Widdecombe and the guy who used to edit Loaded?

I would suggest the Jury's out until the vote results are in.

Given how brief that party has been in existence, it's already done really really well.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,630
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Ouch indeed but just another Tory Fwit demonstrating all the competencies he is berating TM about. Is there one non-idiot among them?

Nigel Farage has matured, and has some serious and credible Euro-Parliamentary candidates

Given how brief that party has been in existence, it's already done really really well.

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the candidates.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,224
    rjsterry wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Sure, but that has nothing to do with the candidates.

It's probably got quite a lot to do with UKIP's candidates.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

The party isn't a party - it's Farage ... and he's been around for years - like him or not - you've heard of him ... that goes a long way to getting going - he only has to open his mouth for it t be reported...
  • rjsterry
    Slowbike wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

The party isn't a party - it's Farage ... and he's been around for years - like him or not - you've heard of him ... that goes a long way to getting going - he only has to open his mouth for it t be reported...

Indeed, which the party structure confirms. Only the executive committee can remove him as leader and he appoints all members of that committee. It's just a glorified fan club.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Rolf F wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

somebody should tell him that the Tories won
  • slowbike
    rjsterry wrote:
    slowbike wrote:

Indeed, which the party structure confirms. Only the executive committee can remove him as leader and he appoints all members of that committee. It's just a glorified fan club.
    I guess he's first on the list of MEP hopefuls - so he's likely to get in (again) - no matter how the area votes (because there's always a few that'll vote his way).
    We need a co-ordinated effort to vote in a way that minimises electing MEPs from Brexit Party and UKIP ... and trying to second guess how everyone else will be voting
  • rjsterry
    Slowbike wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    slowbike wrote:

I guess he's first on the list of MEP hopefuls - so he's likely to get in (again) - no matter how the area votes (because there's always a few that'll vote his way).
    We need a co-ordinated effort to vote in a way that minimises electing MEPs from Brexit Party and UKIP ... and trying to second guess how everyone else will be voting

Here you go.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ina-miller

https://www.remainunited.org/

A guide to tactical voting to keep out the Nigel Party.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Indeed as a Remainer who do I vote for

Change... strongly remain but seem like a bunch of clueless chancers
    Tories... would help keep out Boris Rees Mogg but I would be voting for the Peruvian B'stard
    Labour... not really a Remain statement but they did come a clear second to Grayling so a strong showing may give them the momentum to oust the cretin
    Lib Dems... would be a strong statement but they are a shambles and refuse coalitions
  • slowbike
    remainunited "tactical vote" is basically suggesting that, outside Scotland - vote for Lib Dem MEP if you want to remain - or want to keep Farage out ...
  • rjsterry
    Slowbike wrote:
    remainunited "tactical vote" is basically suggesting that, outside Scotland - vote for Lib Dem MEP if you want to remain - or want to keep Farage out ...

I think so, unless Labour have a change of heart.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• slowbike
    From what was (iirc) a lot of politicians shouting "REMAIN" before the vote ... there's not many doing that now ... I know it's difficult to trust a politician .. but why the shift in emphasis? Or is it just what's being reported ?