to ride, to laze; to laze, perchance to bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, work awaits hasn’t turned colder
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Nice walk with the hound, now getting ready for ferrying people around/haircuts and hopefully manage a run.

Later is town for food and beers
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Running to local parkrun today for a change, hopefully won't get abused for jogging slowly. Local National trust place later with OH and Dog followed by beer tonight at daughters 30th surprise birthday party. Enjoy the wkend
    Where is your local national trust?
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Calke Abbey. Nice walks and tea rooms.
    Nice - haven’t been there for ages
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Up to London with the kids after a slap up breakfast at the cafe. Bit of a mooch round the department stores, skatewear shops, hamleys. Then find something good to eat. Mrs H3 off to watch a play.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,171
    Bacon, coffee, drive, shops, visit a mate I haven't seen in a bit and enjoy Northern style weather. Try to avoid random tasks from the EPO while doing the above.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,198
    TLW1 wrote:
    ...haircuts...

The girls got their hair done this morning - hairdresser comes to us. It's a lot easier.

Now that the above is out of the way, i'll get dressed up in semi-winter gear and go bimble in the sticks. But, the sun has popped out and it is warm out of the wind. That usual what apparel dilemma at this time of year.

Later will be peace as the girls are going to see Dumbo at the cinema.
    I wonder if they wrecked yet another classic.

'Perchance'?! Has Mrs SG got other ideas?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    caught the sun at work today. have awful squaddie tan. will top it up tomorrow.

may ride bicycle in 7 years.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Knobblies on, ready to get cold and bored doing a slow bicycle race on some gravel paths tomorrow and Monday. Mrs H3's annual 20 kilometres. I rode home in the p1ssing wet last night, so cleaned and re-lubed my chain earlier. I got a huffy "why does your bike need to be oiled? What about mine?". I said that hers had a new chain last August, has been ridden for 20 dry kilometres and kept inside ever since. She did not care, so I sprayed gt85 on a rag and pretended to run the chain through it. It made her be quiet, so that's fine.

Cold and bored. At least the hotel does excellent cocktails.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oxoman wrote:
    Surprise party for daughter was painful, ended up sandwiched in between OH and my ex. Jesus what did I ever see in her, makes an Essex hog look nice before I've had a beer. At least I got an early reprieve as I've got work tomorrow.

so no chance of the ex and the current getting together, if you know what we mean?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Surprise party for daughter was painful, ended up sandwiched in between OH and my ex. Jesus what did I ever see in her, makes an Essex hog look nice before I've had a beer. At least I got an early reprieve as I've got work tomorrow.

so no chance of the ex and the current getting together, if you know what we mean?
    They did it with me, so he’s got a chance
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,198
    oxoman wrote:

In that event, there would follow some intriguing pillow talk...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    Pinno wrote:
    'Perchance'?! Has Mrs SG got other ideas?
    mrs s is back in london masterminding return home yesterday of the pussycat we adopted plus one of the kittens
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny