tuesday on a mission from the tabby

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long climby ride, bottom to top and back, must remember to eat much along the way
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cool and misty again, bike ride later, today hedges to trim this morning
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH as have to take the eldest to the docs first thing for a waste of time appointment.

Later should involve visiting the local to pay my tab after nipping in there post bike ride last night - could be dangerous
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    G'day cobbers. Fair dinkum ya gallah.

Back in the land of the living- had coffee, sun is shining, about to walk The Hound then do a weights sesh. Decorators are in so kitchen is verboten. They are excellent decorators and really nice and polite but you know what its like when you have to tip toe around your own house?

Then repack work bag and get ready for 10 days straight. Get in.

I'm off to mock a bogan, blue.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Küche? Das ist verboten!

Grey, slightly chilly and no decorators in sight here unless you count some local politicians I saw lurking ready to pounce on people but thats a very different artist.

Zipped in on No1 much clicky from the wheels and gears so that was nice, day or bartering on whos going to Spain in a couple of weeks, joys
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Just escaped from the dentist with a lighter wallet, now on the train into town to resume delegation duties at work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Don't you disturb any nesting birds LD.

DIY is cheaper.

Weather is pants.
    Must issue some waste transfer notes and get a heap of commodities moved, ching ching.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Pinno wrote:

Will not do Pinno, we only have a blackbird nesting in the fire thorn again, they come back every year
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looks sunny from what natural light I can see.

Absolutely starving. I could eat a big bucket of grub. Then some cake. I will satisfy myself with some water and an espresso.

We used up John Lewis vouchers we were given for our wedding to go towards a posh "bean to cup" espresso machine the other day, albeit one which still requires some effort from me, rather than it all happening inside the machine. I had no idea how much geekery can be applied to what I thought was the simple process of making an espresso. I'm delighted with it. Going to spend a bit of time looking at coffee beans at lunchtime today.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    We have a couple of big fat Wood Pigeons nesting in one of the Cupressus trees in our back garden - do they count? Drives Muttley bonkers when he sees them sitting on the fence - they'd better make sure none of these mythical baby pigeons fall out of the nest.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    First almost normal day in a month, and it was nice to do just regular "stuff" for a change. Will avoid any serious responsibilities for a couple more days I think, need the break.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    scorchio here

but a brutal headwind, >40k going up over the top near the wind turbines, mad, at least it sped up the return a bit :)

rest of the day replacing calories and lazing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    Being on the edge of a large wood we get all manner of creatures, of the flapping variety I know we have a Nightjar nest somewhere close by along with the usual sparrows etc. I think we have Owls again so I'll try an spot the blighters an on opposite side of the wood I know we have kite nesting big ol birds them!
  • Matthewfalle
    just went and bought some new Aviators. Was shocked when the dude asked if I wanted any colour different from gold frame/green lenses

#inverted

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    just went and bought some new Aviators. Was shocked when the dude asked if I wanted any colour different from gold frame/green lenses

#inverted
    Did you read this handy quide first MF?
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/what-sort-of-wanker-in-sunglasses-vibe-are-you-giving-off-20190418184803
  • Matthewfalle
    woah - puts a whole new vibe on it. hmmmm - may have to rethink my choice.

i may sellotape one of the arms on a la jack duckworth.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    woah - puts a whole new vibe on it. hmmmm - may have to rethink my choice.

i may sellotape one of the arms on a la jack duckworth.
    Terminator style wrap-arounds. It's the only way forward.
  • Matthewfalle
    either that or chinese ones from a market in llandudno or somewhere classy. merthyr for instance.

quality glasses at a quality price.

#retinadestruction

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    either that or chinese ones from a market in llandudno or somewhere classy. merthyr for instance.

quality glasses at a quality price.

#retinadestruction
    Could be quite handy in Mertyr or Llandudno when accompanied by the strapline 'Did you spill my pint?'

51hRUw7ba6L._SY445_.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:

#inverted
    Did you read this handy quide first MF?
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/what-sort-of-wanker-in-sunglasses-vibe-are-you-giving-off-20190418184803

:D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    That's me stuffed, mirrored raybans but not raybans. Still, nork staring is far easier.