sungod Posts: 16,434
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

lazy day, bimble around, shops, cafes, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH today so a slow start, may go to running club later, but as I still can’t walk properly it won’t be with the fast lot
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, misty and chilly here , dog walked I Have just heard on the radio we are in for another hot summer, Iets hope it starts sooner rather than later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Went for a bit of a ride this morning: it would have been rude not to given the weather.
    Going to try and look busy now.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spectacular autumn day, clear skies, no wind.

My sister's funeral service was this morning. :(
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, odd pain the in the front of my left ankle this morning so drove in, still hurt bikes an cars both have pedals.
    Also elation yesterday at repaired bike was a bit premature, I got a phone call from the shop asking me when I was collecting my new rear mech. Turns out the new mech is sat there the old ones on my bike still but was working. DOH!

WS, hope it goes as well as it can, all the best.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166

Hope you can get some degree of closure now WS. Not always easy as I'm finding out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

:( hope it went as well as can be expected
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    WS, as others have said, hope it goes as well as it could.

Bright day today, feeling dreadful in the legs after a weekend of trying to run on my toes instead of heel striking. It's 1minute/km faster when I'm pushing on a 5km though... Need to get out on the bike again this week but the OH is away from Saturday to Wednesday so I'll all weekend to get all my miles in
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Thoughts with you & yours W/S.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Still shattered from stupid weekend so have done nothing & intend to do nothing.

#zerofucksgiven

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    As others have said, I hope it went as well as it could WS. I know what you mean Stevo, hope it gets better for you.
    Another busy day at work with lots to do. Managed to wobble in at least, no backpack as I've gone to a comedy seatpack. Nice not having a sweaty back for a change. Thankfully the seatpack means I couldn't hang the comedy light up balls the wife bought me from my saddle.
    Got to go to a meeting later, thankfully it's in a pub.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Another busy day at work with lots to do. Managed to wobble in at least, no backpack as I've gone to a comedy seatpack. Nice not having a sweaty back for a change. Thankfully the seatpack means I couldn't hang the comedy light up balls the wife bought me from my saddle.
    Doesn't the seatpack have a mounting loop for a light?
    I also got bought a "love heart" light. I used it once on a time trial to keep the wheel suckers away.
  • step83
    my local bike place has them someone made a sign, "these lights are bollocks" Thankfully I've avoided this gift as I have a SeeSense which also means I avoid wheel suckers as it goes into panic mode picking up their lights.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Early morning ride followed by a site visit and mediocrity.

Chicken dinner and an early night as I've got to go to look at a nice big new workshop saw tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I also got bought a "love heart" light.
    I saw that attempt at rebranding and laughed a while back. Mine were packaged as Bike Balls.

Just had something scary happen, got an email from someone with the same name as Stevo. Unless he's started working for a shipping company and it is him.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I saw that attempt at rebranding and laughed a while back. Mine were packaged as Bike Balls.

Just had something scary happen, got an email from someone with the same name as Stevo. Unless he's started working for a shipping company and it is him.
    This is the problem with having a fairly common name. I've had a few wisecracks about being a comedian or a Republic of Ireland footy player.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    I have a less common name but if you google me I'm either an personal injury lawyer in California, or an 18th century mass murderer...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm a British film director.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

This is the problem with having a fairly common name. I've had a few wisecracks about being a comedian or a Republic of Ireland footy player.

what? you're actually called Roy Keane?

blimey.

#shocker

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

what? you're actually called Roy Keane?

blimey.

#shocker
    I'm not that much of a tw@t.