Eat Race Win on Amazon Prime

thegreatdivide
thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
edited May 2019 in Pro race
Not sue if this has been mentioned before but there's a new series just out on Amazon Prime Video that follows the chef Hannah Grant and Mitchelton Scott (as Orica Scott) during the 2017 Tour. It's like a supersize Backstage Pass meets cookery travelog and IMO it's really quite good. The only thing that lets it down is the fake race commentary which can be a bit cheesy, but the rest is great. The team really does have the most fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lq92FU8mOE

Comments

• ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Did a little search just to see if this has been posted before - only just stumbled across it you see.

What an interesting watch, pleasantly surprised to see such and interesting documentary, obviously it's been well documented that teams take their own chef/mattress/pillows to races but showing the team behind the food going out and shopping for ingredients and everything is not what I'd ever thought about. Perfect for the foodies who have their fun with the spoiler threads when the tour comes around I thought!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Yeah, I watched this over the winter. Very good, and great to see such a neat production about cycling.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Always liked Orica/greenedge/Scott etc. since their call me maybe video. I like the behind the scenes stuff.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    I liked it.

The bit about sourcing fresh food on the move was fascinating.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    I liked it.

Yeah I loved that, thought Hannah's set up was really cool. Sort of refreshing to see how it's not just a chef turning out "safe" choices, can't imagine how hard it would be slogging through a stage race and eating variations of pasta every evening (which is sort of what I imagined the case to be like)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I liked it.

I think there was a lot of TV artifice in it.

I'm pretty sure that Hannah was too busy to be swanning around farms during the Tour. I'd be fairly confident that those bits were filmed in August - but still authentic as to sources of the foods.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    RichN95 wrote:
    I liked it.

I think there was a lot of TV artifice in it.

I'm pretty sure that Hannah was too busy to be swanning around farms during the Tour. I'd be fairly confident that those bits were filmed in August - but still authentic as to sources of the foods.

She's been doing this for other teams for many years, and she was with Saxo way back in about 2011 or 2012. She's also got her team able to do plenty of prep while some of them go off and source.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    A bit of TV artifice in a TV show is hardly the end of the world, in any case.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Eeep, Roman Kreuziger got a toungue lashing eh? :shock:

OH GOD THAT STEAK THOUGH!!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Just started watching this and really enjoying it. Easy viewing for half an hour or so.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"