Liège-Bastogne-Liège *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• Davide Formolo looks like he's about 12 years old.

Thanks for your time.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    I quite enjoyed the Ardennes races this year, not saying they were much better than usual but I wouldn't say it was a poor year. I guess it's the point that's been made by many of you over the years on this forum - our expectations are set more by the exceptional years that live in the memory rather than by the norm.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    Hasn't been a vintage LBL since the Iglinsky win and the Vino win. Neither of those were results I wanted but genuinely exciting attacking races those years

I think the new course has to be better but needs riders to start playing ball and going for it
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    dave milne wrote:
    Hasn't been a vintage LBL since the Iglinsky win and the Vino win. Neither of those were results I wanted but genuinely exciting attacking races those years

I think the new course has to be better but needs riders to start playing ball and going for it
    Yesterday it looked like Vino had bought off the entire peloton not just Kolobnev
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Interesting to see Michael Woods go for the Ziggy Stardust look yesterday...

260-CORVOS_00030950-112.jpg

3005C01700000578-0-image-m-29_1453079336919.jpg
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,923
    Woods took off one leg warmer and then there was an attack which he had to follow, so didn't get the chance to remove the other one!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Needs some bigger hitting climbers to try it.
    Than Adam Yates and bardet?

Yeah.

Dumolin Thomas Froome.

Is that a different Dumolin from the one that came in 50th, nearly seven minutes behind, just after Tao?

Consider myself put back in my kennel

Sorry*, but someone had to do it.

On a serious note, why do you think "bigger hitting climbers" are needed? Aside from the Schlecks it hasn't really been a happy hunting ground for them.

Contador rode it 4 times, for example, for a single top ten finish.
    Nibali (who rode his 14th yesterday) has 3 top tens and a second place.
    Bardet - 6 races, one podium, though decent results in all of them (usually top ten).
    Joaquin Rodriguez - with 2 Lombardies to his name - rode it 14 times and got on the podium twice.

Sky brought Poels and Kwiatkowski - a winner and a double podium finisher. Froome and Thomas are way below them for a chance at the win.

The only proper climber who has excelled there is Valverde, but he's a bit of a freak.

*not actually sorry at all, obviously
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    But the big gt winners are not at their peak levels yet and if they almost were it would be because they’re riding the giro .

It’s too deep and too close and too hard without the really big climbs.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,247
    Fuglsang isn't exactly a slouch as a climber - his Dauphine in 17 was pretty impressive.