Stormy Saturday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,859
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
Well I never thought I would complain about Hannah keeping me awake all night..........

Today is running all day and then back on the ale later - looking forward to one a lot more than the other

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    ning

fortunately no storms, just roads so smooth, so very smooth, i shall ride them at dawn, coffee, bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blowing a gale here, n+1 today, let’s hope the weather is better tomorrow
    Good luck TLW
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning
    Damp and breezy here, would go as far as calling it a storm yet.
    Haircut today hopefully, then getting dragged to the cinema to watch some really long film. The Amazon locker next to the cinema is full of bike bits waiting for me to collect though :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Blustery, windy, wet, cool, grey...

Not that anyone a) remembers my post from 2 days ago and b) they might remember* if anyone actually read posts properly but Happy Birthday me anyway.

*Ageing BB population?

At least i'm younger than VN.

Dunno what's in store today. Some peace and 45 mins on the rollers followed by a little bit of DIY.

You know my feelings about such activities but good luck TLW. Put a picture of a pub on the end of a stick and glue it 2 feet in front of your head.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • big_harv
    big_harv Posts: 512
    Happy birthday Mr. P. No storms here (S France). Have promised to look at a friend's V brakes. Apparently I'm the resident bike mechanic so stand by for urgent Workshop threads.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    happy birthday pinno

bit nippy up in the volcanoes first thing, had a doughnut to sustain me
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Pinno wrote:
    Blustery, windy, wet, cool, grey...

Not that anyone a) remembers my post from 2 days ago and b) they might remember* if anyone actually read posts properly but Happy Birthday me anyway.

*Ageing BB population?

At least i'm younger than VN.

Dunno what's in store today. Some peace and 45 mins on the rollers followed by a little bit of DIY.

You know my feelings about such activities but good luck TLW. Put a picture of a pub on the end of a stick and glue it 2 feet in front of your head.

Laters.
    Whoops sorry, bit preoccupied with stuff this week and must have missed that so belated happy birthday Mr. P. Is it a landmark one or do we need to organise the whip round for the zimmer next time?

Trying to get back into the normal routine this weekend so list of jobs it is. The Panzer got washed on Tuesday and it's filthy again after driving 300 miles in grotty weather and last night's stormette but I cba to get it done again yet. Anyhow, onwards with the coffee and bacon sarnies in my favourite Beckenham caff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Big Harv wrote:
    Happy birthday Mr. P. No storms here (S France). Have promised to look at a friend's V brakes. Apparently I'm the resident bike mechanic so stand by for urgent Workshop threads.

In the interests of maintaining good relations, you will have to charge le gilets jaune customers half price.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Celebratory cake day Pinno.

Braved the storm did some pedalling, though I think the GPS got blown away.

40747538743_41ccd5b437_b.jpg
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PINNO!

I hope there was cake and jollity. Plus presents and jelly.

I stood on a windswept school field and watched mini do a triathlon, of scootering, bicycling and running. She did quite well, but she's not a natural runner. It was all for fun/charity.

Dog walked. Thinking of a longish ride out tomorrow as long as the wind subsides, unless I can persuade someone to come out and act as wind break.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Happy birthday Piña.
    Went to a bike jumble with a mate this morning, got some new shifters for the old bike, not much of interest for me. Just dropped the lad back to uni so suffered the delights of the M40. Knackered now.
    I watched a long film at the cinema last night, fell asleep at one point.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Happy birthday Pinno.

Wonder if TLW is still out running.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy birthday Pinno.

The only thing still running will be the cider/ale down TLW's throat I reckon.
  • pinno
    Cheers guys.

It's been different today
    45 mins on the rollers, some DIY (painting), 40 mins on the Porker replacing sunroof parts which arrived today, got a call from a damsel in distress saying she had a leak, fixed leak, came home cooked dinner for all of us and now sitting here with some fizzy plonk.
    It's very blowy outside but the woodburner is keeping us very cosy without resorting to 5 jumpers.

I fancy some chocs...
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    HB pinno. Hopefully you got some non Shimano wheels for your Italian bike.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Happy birthday Pinno.

The only thing still running will be the cider/ale down TLW's throat I reckon.
    You are correct - run completed in just over 9.5hrs. In a lot of pain
  • pinno

Thanks SB. My OH is a bit tight, so no hope of that :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Pinno wrote:

It looks like she's forked out on a decent pair of trousers to wear :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

It looks like she's forked out on a decent pair of trousers to wear :wink:
    :D
    HB pinno
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Belated birthday wishes Pinno