Wahoo to Garmin Connect

KevinA
KevinA Posts: 492
Is this possible?

My rides aren't being synced to Garmin connect from Strava so I was going to manually upload but the file isn't compatible

Is there a way to transfer my rides that I have used my wahoo over to Garmin connect or is there an alternative app

Comments

• KevinA
    oxoman wrote:
    As far as I'm aware there is no converting as Wahoo and Garmin hate each other. Personally I use Strava as it allows pretty much everyone's rides to upload.

I use Strava as well but was looking for power data as I have dual pedals now so wanting to see the difference in right and left power

Does Strava do that?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,701
    KevinA wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    As far as I'm aware there is no converting as Wahoo and Garmin hate each other. Personally I use Strava as it allows pretty much everyone's rides to upload.

I use Strava as well but was looking for power data as I have dual pedals now so wanting to see the difference in right and left power

Does Strava do that?
    The Elemnt app does that.
  • KevinA
    Yeah was hoping strata would as I don't use the wahoo app much, except to upload to strava
    Thanks
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited April 2019
    Edit, just misread the post, if you use training peaks you can upload automatically from your wahoo and then the file can be exported to Garmin connect ( you may need to export file to desktop and then manually load in to Garmin connect).
  • KevinA
    redvision wrote:
    Just save the wahoo .fit file and upload manually to Garmin connect (I haven't used Garmin connect for ages but assume you can still manually upload files)

Tried that and the file isn’t compatible
  • KevinA
    KevinA wrote:
    redvision wrote:
    Just save the wahoo .fit file and upload manually to Garmin connect (I haven't used Garmin connect for ages but assume you can still manually upload files)

Tried that and the file isn’t compatible

Strava doesn’t sync with garmin connect either for some reason

Paired and Unpaired several times and nothing syncs
  • redvision
    Contact Garmin as there is no reason it shouldn't work.

From Garmin website:
    Garmin Connect supports .FIT, .GPX, and .TCX files. For a GPX file to successfully upload to Garmin Connect, the file must include time information.
  • KevinA
    I’ll just use the wahoo app as garmin connect has always been frustrating
  • redvision
    The wahoo app has just been updated and is now much better if using android than it was.

Still, there should be no reason why your files can't be uploaded to Garmin connect.