Rockshock Reba RLT

Lagrange
Lagrange Posts: 652
edited April 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
I've run these in to the ground and need all the seals replaced. I live near Norwich and wonder if anyone knows where I can get this done. I can manage lower leg servicing but not the pneumatic system.

Having stopped using the bike and going back to my bike forked with Fox Vanilla springs - I have to say that I prefer them. :D

Thanks if you can help!

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Easy DIY, just follow the manual at SRAM.com, seal kits are available from a number of places.

I do all my own (plus changing travel, building hybrid forks etc etc), RS are very easy.

Otherwise TF tuned are the 'go to' for RS but others offer just as good a service
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lagrange
    Thanks sir. TFT have the honesty and openness to publish their prices and I've seen the seal kits but get stopped by ..you will need extra tools. Watching the SRAM video is excruciating!!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Lagrange wrote:
    Thanks sir. TFT have the honesty and openness to publish their prices and I've seen the seal kits but get stopped by ..you will need extra tools. Watching the SRAM video is excruciating!!
    For a lower leg service I think the only tool I had to buy was the long/deep socket for the nuts in the lower legs (£5, but can probably get for less) and some cheap circlip pliers (£5)
    The lower leg service is dead easy although the manual made it seem more complicated than it was. Being able to do the lower leg service yourself is really handy.
    Taking the damper to bits and reassembling was a bit more effort but not too bad.
  • Lagrange
    Thanks for your encouragement - I'll have a go!
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    If you do need to send them away, I would also recommend TFT. I had my forks and shock done recently. Sent them Monday, serviced Thursday, received on Friday and back on the bike Saturday. Top service.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    BillyCool wrote:
    If you do need to send them away, I would also recommend TFT. I had my forks and shock done recently. Sent them Monday, serviced Thursday, received on Friday and back on the bike Saturday. Top service.

TFT are very friendly. You can talk to one of the tech guys on the phone about any concerns. As BC said, fast and reliable service. But don't leave it until the good weather comes, because every rider that put away their wet bike in October and hasn't ridden since, finds that they need the suspension serviced NOW. Then TFT may not be quite so quick to turn around your service.
  • Lagrange
    I've now got the service kit and the circlip pliers and will do the service tomorrow and hopefully won't have to send them out to TFT on Monday!!

Only thing that does bother me is that I've just run these in to the ground - but replacing the seals will fix that - but I've had a few hard bottom out episodes which I hope have not been too damaging.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A while back for me but TFT were quite happy to talk me through how to extend the travel on my daughters Recon XC (Revelation chassis) myself without sending it to them.

Since then I usually use TFT for parts unless its prohibitive on extra cost, customer service still means something!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.