Garmin out front mount

spencerpankow
spencerpankow Posts: 19
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Looking to replace the sram out front mount which I have, the garmin is loose in the fitting, which I think is down to the mount being plastic and worn, aside from using a bit of blue tac anyone got any recommendations for a new mount ? searched the usual but would rather have some solid advise from someone actually using a set up

Comments

• Can’t beat K edge in my opinion, expensive... but there’s a reason why... because they’re the best ones
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    I have had no issues with my Garmin out front mount.
  • OnTheRopes
    OnTheRopes Posts: 460
    I'll second K edge
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    The barfly mounts are also excellent
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I've got a 3D printed out front mount which cost about 1/3 of what a K edge does. It has survived the 3 peaks cross race and the dirty reiver and never had an issue. I have never had an issue with any garmin mount so i'd say just buy the one that matches your budget and bike colour.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I got a combo out front mount with my Bikehut light - vibration even without the light was terrible ...
    my garmin own out front is good - but sits the unit above the bars - whilst my k-edge is metal and perfect - keeps the unit absolutely rock solid and in line with the bars ...
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I got a custom 3D printed faceplate mount from Raceware. Very pleased with it, and it is very light.
  • i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    The issue may be the "wings" on the mounting part of the garmin itself rather than the mount. They do wear down over time and sometimes they even break off.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I have one of these (also camera mount ones available) and it works pretty well, fully adjustable which is good

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-out-f ... rmin-edge/
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072JYSZC9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jokWCb5RPP9K2

I've been using one of these for a few months. Had to use a dremel type tool to widen the slits and use different bolt to suit my stem but it's been ideal. Solid and takes the edge 1000 and action cam no problems.

Alternatively you could just replace the plastic disc in your current mount. In most mounts the 1/4 turn plate is replaceable.
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    K Edge
  • mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    The 3T Integra Ltd handlebar stem.
  • andyh01
    andyh01 Posts: 599
    Could you not just replace the 1/2 turn circle bit, I'm sure it just unscrews from the mount doesn't it?

I brought a replacement stem mount out front with go pro holder underneath off eBay for less then a £5 metal too.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    AndyH01 wrote:
    Could you not just replace the 1/2 turn circle bit, I'm sure it just unscrews from the mount doesn't it?

I brought a replacement stem mount out front with go pro holder underneath off eBay for less then a £5 metal too.

not on the SRAM ones - it is all one bit of plastic

shi_smcm020000.jpg
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes