wednesday rereading oz magazine

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie in hotel lounge, bit of wfhotel, stroll to terminal, bubbly in lounge to prepare for bubbly on plane

i shall be among volcanoes with the tabby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Have a great holiday SG

Today is WFH, planned to catch up with the deluge that appeared whilst away has now turned into ensuring youngest rugrat is ok after finding out us telling him to shut up about his ear ache was actually a burst ear drum :(

Later is meant to be the running clubs first off road meeting the year, but racing this weekend so trying to minimise any movement!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much cooler this morning will probably need to get the arm and leg warmers out
    Enjoy your hols SG
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Echo the holiday enjoyment wishes. Tailwinds and tabbies.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    An earlyish start for me today as I had to drive the Mrs in, I had hoped to miss the traffic. Also had to bring the wheel building stand in to do some wheel repairs for a colleague. Need to do some measuring and spoke ordering today.
    Thoughts with Stevo as I do believe it's the funeral today, hope it all goes as well as it can. Enjoy the holiday SG, sounds like a bloody good idea.
    Today being Wednesday I will be visiting a pub later. Went to a pub last night to sample festival beer, very nice too.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thoughts with Stevo as I do believe it's the funeral today, hope it all goes as well as it can.

Just came on to express the same. Best wishes Stevo.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thoughts with Stevo as I do believe it's the funeral today, hope it all goes as well as it can.

Same from these parts - best wishes and thoughts.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Definitely a tad cooler today which will mowstly involve doing the run around and various bits and pieces in probably a vain attempt at tying up loose ends.

Funerals are shyte.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Same from these parts - best wishes and thoughts.

As above, hopefully the weather holds for you.

Dull day today call from the bike shop the SRAM guys in today to plug the bike into a computer, apparently it keeps doing the whole not changing gear thing which is good.
    Appear to have been bitten a lot in the night by something, probably mozzies so thats nice. drove in as driving device needs an aircon regas.

Toodles
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Best wishes Stevo
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Hold in there Stevo, thoughts are with you and your family.

Went for a ride this morning only to find out that Summer has just played a trick on us all and it is in fact bloody freezing at 6.30am half way up the local mountain.

Tonight will include painting and decorating.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    best wishes stevo, remember them at their best

slumped in ba lounge wrapping up some gmc stuff with a glass of bubbly, had frittata and salad, fighting urge to have another course
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    sungod wrote:
    best wishes stevo, remember them at their best

This. Lots.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Step: its done and it rocks. Nothing major in the end - angle grinder and wood saw did it a treat. Washed the rust from the woid saw out with some fairy liquid.

will post piccie in a minute

#slammed

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Its on the Readers Rides or whatever its called but I can't make one of the pictures work.

Any ideas?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Seem to be working for me, an christ your tall, looking good though, wouldnt worry on that rear brake cable be more hassle than its worth to fix.
  • hopkinb
    Readers Rides

Heh heh. Readers' Rides. :D

As a teenager I was a big fan of the much underrated Readers' Wives section of Razzle and other similar low rent jazz mags. I used to have arguments with a pal of mine who was a fan of the more polished offerings in Men Only, Club and Mayfair. :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    i once had a fling with a mental bird.

i think we can stop the story there tbh, but to continue.....

she would buy the Readers' Letters publications for her personal use.

thinking back, she was actually really nice and if we could have escaped to a different place it could have gone somewhere.

but she were well mental. wrong side of the river.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Seem to be working for me, an christ your tall, looking good though, wouldnt worry on that rear brake cable be more hassle than its worth to fix.

cheers dude!

are going to get some of them there cane creek slam sets for our slammed bikes? or the slamyourstem top caps that are also completely flat?

think how many people they will annoy.

#letsdoit

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:

cheers dude!

are going to get some of them there cane creek slam sets for our slammed bikes? or the slamyourstem top caps that are also completely flat?

#letsdoit

My stem is slammed, but I have this excellent 60mm pile of spacers above the stem as a chin rest for when I spin out my 11 tooth cog. :D

I once asked a bike shop to cut it down for me, but they quoted something silly, so I never got it done. I do have a wood saw, and a hack saw, but I reckon I would make the bike unrideable within 5 minutes were I to be let loose on a carbon steerer with a crude tool like a saw.
  • Matthewfalle
    nah - crack on fella.

mark top of stem.

mark another point 2/3mm below.

cut excess off.

refit

ride of while women gaze at you

#belikeStep
    #slammed
    #PRO
    #don'tbelikeRichard

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

cheers dude!

#letsdoit

My stem is slammed, but I have this excellent 60mm pile of spacers above the stem as a chin rest for when I spin out my 11 tooth cog. :D

I once asked a bike shop to cut it down for me, but they quoted something silly, so I never got it done. I do have a wood saw, and a hack saw, but I reckon I would make the bike unrideable within 5 minutes were I to be let loose on a carbon steerer with a crude tool like a saw.

Use masking tape. Draw a perfect circle at the point you want to cut. Very gently saw it off with a fine toothed blade of some description.
    Otherwise, post it to me and i'll use the angle grinder.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    think i finished off at least a bottle of bubbly on the plane, but arrived to horrific news, steepest twistiest road on the island, the one up to femes, has been closed to cyclists, grrr, seems too many being stupid/useless and getting in the way, bastards

may have to drink more
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts and sentiments, it's much appreciated.

Been a bit of an emotional to say the least, but I had my OH and some good mates there to see me through. After the wake I took SG and Oxo's advice to remember them as they were and looked through their old photo albums to decide what to take back home and found some great shots of my folks when they were younger and clearly having a great time.

I now have more food and drink than I know what to do with as the caterers over-catered. But I'm working on that now. Relaxing with a large G&T and some sausage rolls and clearing my head. Home tomorrow via the North Yorkshire scenic route to put The Panzer through its paces.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]