Buying Flat Pedals

Smejdy
Smejdy Posts: 19
edited May 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hi, i want to buy flat pedals but i’m not sure which ones. I’m mainly deciding between the OneUp Composite Pedals and HT Compoments PA03A pedals. My main priority is grip and longevity. ( yeah and i’m pretty much always riding in vans :D) I know that the oneup will be probably better in every way but i can get the ht pedals for pretty cheap and i’m asking if its worth spending the extra 20€. (Yes i’m on a tight budget :D) Thanks

Comments

• What pedals do you ride now?
    I have no experience of either, but both look like they will do a great job - both have similar reviews, so personally I would go for the cheapest if you can buy replacement pins for them.
    One thing you will need to be aware of though - those pins will tear through the soles of a pair of vans. You will be replacing your shoes a lot quicker than you used to.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Smejdy
    Right now i ride some giant pedals that i absolutely hate, no grip. Yes i’m aware of the pins breaking my shoes :Dhttps://images.giant-bicycles.com/b_whi ... /67031.jpg these are the ones im riding now
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Superstar El Plastique pedals are £25.
    Have a look at them.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Smejdy
    I can’t get the superstars where i live :?
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    dmr vaults?
  • Smejdy
    2x my budget :D:cry:
  • Nukeproof Neutrons? (£23 - on CRC - what i use at the moment)
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Smejdy wrote:
    I can’t get the superstars where i live :?

Where do you live? Superstar deliver worldwide apart from USA, Russia and Ukraine.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Wellgo MG1s
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Smejdy, what pedals did you end up buying?
  • Smejdy
    I ended up buying the HT Pa03A. They are cheap but really well made, they hold pretty good with vans. The pins are a little bit narrower but they are pretty long and strong. They are also easily replacable. Im size 42EU and the size of the platform is excellent (pretty big pltform). :)