zatoichi! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsbVTPftcgs
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot, back to work
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, grey skies at the moment, the car needs a good wash both inside and out so that will be today’s job along with treating the lawn with weed and feed
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Shoot, back to work
    Yup. :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Shoot, back to work
    Yup. :roll:
    I just looked at the Monday thread and as I opened it I was surprised it had already got to the second page, then I realised it's Tuesday so at least it's a short week.
    Pleasant wobble in to work, roads were busier again but I prefer that as at least it means I'm passing the cars. Already dealt with half of the emails in my inbox, I do like the delete button. Still got too many I should look at.
    Later is Morris dancers and beer festival at the pub down the road.
    Hope everybody has as good a day as can be, especially Stevo and Spinner at the moment.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited April 2019
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hope everybody has as good a day as can be, especially Stevo and Spinner at the moment.

Most importantly, that above.

As a far more trivial aside, last days of hols for the bambini here so after being informed yesterday that bambina's school shoes do not fit her and bambino needs school shorts for spring term starting tomorrow, I shall be driving round the school outfitters trying to find the same.

Why they couldn't have told me this two weeks ago I do not know.

A quick weights sesh to distress afterwards and that's about it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:

+1

As a side, work has returned like Jehova witness bringing with it crap weather etc (see tomorrows forecast).
    achey legs and arms after doing battle with the cultivator forgot I had no two stroke so that was a rush around I didnt want.
    Car was cleaned at the weekend, no immigrants involved though did have to stop the dog investigating the snowfoam, interier needs doing properly to but effort on that side of things. Onwards to failure!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    [...after being informed yesterday that bambina's school shoes do not fit her and bambino needs school shorts for spring term starting tomorrow, I shall be driving round the school outfitters trying to find the same.

Why they couldn't have told me this two weeks ago I do not know.
    Why didn't you check?!

Mumsnet was wasted on you.

Off for a pedal in the sticks.
    Hopefully there will be no clicking from the hip.

It's a touch cloudy, so I hope it will brighten up later just before a return to 'normal' conditions.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

In the opticians learning how to do contact lenses.

Went for a nice spin this morning upsett some doggers in the process.

Just watched a pickup truck full of rolls of insulation drive up the ramp into a multistorey car park. The back was open so they all rolled out back down the ramp.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Contact lenses are ace. Remember to wash your hands when you put 'em in and take 'em out. The boy doesn't, he gets an eye infection every couple of months.

Doggers? In the morning? Eww.
  • step83
    Morning

Just watched a pickup truck full of rolls of insulation drive up the ramp into a multistorey car park. The back was open so they all rolled out back down the ramp.

Sounds eventful, remember doing contacts for the first time, the panic poking your finger into your eye etc. defiantly wash the hands, I always found it easier to wet the finger using the solution they come in/with or the lens sticks. You will get to the point you don't need a mirror to put them in which makes life better.

Pickup sounds comical, anyone else behind?

Fun chat earlier, came to the conclusion we need a small car and a large engine to partake in some hill climbing, because East Anglia is famed for its hills :lol: Thus far its a Lupo and rear mounting a 2.0 engine for a modified MSA class, this could be amusing/lethal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Thanks folks,

Just cleaning/rearranging the house, buying the drinks and making sure everyone else is ready for tomorrow. Even got the car washed - suffered some major bug splats on the way up yesterday to add to the layer of dust etc.

A good mate of mine is coming up on the train later to we'll head out for a bite to eat and a beer or two in Redcar later on, will help take my mind off things.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    Contact lenses are ace. Remember to wash your hands when you put 'em in and take 'em out. The boy doesn't, he gets an eye infection every couple of months.
    Well I failed the test, it took about an hour of trying to get them out and my eyes are pretty sore so they've told me to come back next week but might not bother. I'm not sure the slight benefit for road racing outweighs the hassle of having to put them in/out multiple times a day.
    Step83 wrote:
    Pickup sounds comical, anyone else behind?
    Unfortunately not (probably for the best).
    Step83 wrote:
    Fun chat earlier, came to the conclusion we need a small car and a large engine to partake in some hill climbing, because East Anglia is famed for its hills :lol: Thus far its a Lupo and rear mounting a 2.0 engine for a modified MSA class, this could be amusing/lethal.
    Are you buying or making one? There's a series on Youtube with some guys putting a Celica engine into a mini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Step83 wrote:
    Are you buying or making one? There's a series on Youtube with some guys putting a Celica engine into a mini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODjJO7s
    There was a Swiss engineer, possibly Sbarro, that mid-mounted a 911 Turbo engine in a Mk1 Golf. Access was by a hinge in the middle of the floorpan so the floor hinged up and access was from the rear with the body above as I recall.
    After a quick Google:
    vw-golf-mk1-sbarro-4.jpg
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:
    There was a Swiss engineer, possibly Sbarro, that mid-mounted a 911 Turbo engine in a Mk1 Golf. Access was by a hinge in the middle of the floorpan so the floor hinged up and access was from the rear with the body above as I recall.
    I like that. No need for doing it other than a laugh.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Well that was a blur...

Back to the daily grind of work, decorate, sleep, repeat.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    After a quick Google:
    vw-golf-mk1-sbarro-4.jpg

That mini looks the right side of bonkers to me, The golf, seems a lot of work for not a lot of gain? Its a small hatch so you could likely lean in over the whole block like the old metro 6R4's. Saying that it does look fun.
    I have no idea how this is going to pan out bar being an oversteering loon to drive, short wheel base, rear wheel drive, what can go wrong!

Oxo, someone did suggest a small block V8 but you'd either end up in the back like you said, or Mr Bean style roof seating. an old school Redtop would be lovely in a mini but the shells an blocks are expensive now. C20XE or C20LET from memory for the engine codes?

Along the lines of silly cars, a twin VR6 engined Lupo...
    https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/ ... 72081.html
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Talking of silly cars, there's a bunch of unhinged engineers in a place called Affalterbach in Germany who had this madcap idea of shoehorning a 4l v8 biturbo into a boring family estate car, presumably during a very heavy night on the Weissbiers. They even had to extend the front end to fit it in. Jeremy Clarkson drove one and said "This isn't a car, it's an axe murderer with headlights."

That amused me so much that I bought one :mrgreen:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    There's a guy locally who has 2 'Haybush' engines twinned in the back of his mini.
    What's wrong with air cooled?
    Talking of air. Went for a slow rehab sort of twaddle. Punctured. Blew 2 CO2 cartridges and then had to borrow a pump off some farmer bloke's son. Wouldn't inflate either. That's a first - brand new Vittoria latex inner tube with a dodgy valve. Farmer bloke gave me a lift home.

Fixed puncture.
    Sun pops out.
    Change cycling clothes :roll:
    Bugger off for attempt no.2.

Project Binky - i've watched every episode. They're doing up a 7.5 ex library van to put it in. It's called 'The Escargot'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HXSigszx5w
  • step83
    Reminds me, the classic Royal Nail van

https://passionford.com/forum/restorati ... rth-4.html

Hadn't looked at air cooled to be fair, after seeing doing some research some of the NA cars cars are pretty nippy, does make me want to do something silly but lack of drive space is infuriating. I know theres a lad locally with an old mini and a turbod Metro 1.8 slapped in the front, looks fun!

I gave up on the Vittoria's went back to boring black rubber after one exploded on me when I was in the garage (much ear ringing) plus silly rims needed valve extenders which are noting but bother.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    does make me want to do something silly but lack of drive space is infuriating.
    Is electric more compact?
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... -capacitor
  • pinno
    On the subject of the Metro 6R4, it had a Cosworth engine. A local man rallied nationally and he had one. The trouble was, it had 27 belts that needed to be changed after very event. This required engine removal.