turbo trainer

shewy
shewy Posts: 62
Anyone recommend a turbo trainer which accepts a Sram XD cassette? Not wanting to spend a fortune.
Seen an elite turbo muin locally but don't think it accepts an XD hub, QR as well.
TIA

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    If you're on Sram AXS, then you actually need XDR, which is longer than standard XD. Tacx offer an XDR freehub body (an an XD one) for their direct drive trainers here: https://tacx.com/product/bodies-direct-drive-trainers/, though it may be a case of buying the trainer and the body and swapping yourself. Other manufacturers may offer similar items.

If you're not running AXS, then you don't necessarily need the XD body, because there are Shimano splined options available which are compatible with whatever cassette you're running. What drivetrain do you have?
  • shewy
    I'm running XD 10-42 cassette
  • whyamihere
    Then you can run a Shimano, Sram, Sunrace or any other 11 speed 11-42 cassette. They all fit on a standard Shimano splined freehub and have the same spacing.
  • shewy
    as far as I'm aware only Sram do a 10-42 cassette.
    Are you saying I could fit an 11 speed 11-42 cassette on the trainer and fit my bike on and have no problem shifting?
    Sorry as don't know at all
  • whyamihere
    shewy wrote:
    Are you saying I could fit an 11 speed 11-42 cassette on the trainer and fit my bike on and have no problem shifting?
    Exactly. The cassette spacing is identical. There's a chance that the position of the cassettes won't line up perfectly, but it generally fits ok.
  • shewy
    Thanks, think you've saved me a few pennies there