edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

nippy early, warmer later, etc., must try to have more coffee and cake

may do some sorting and packing for hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cold and misty here, dog walked, Jane is working all weekend , club ride @ 8:30 relaxing later hopefully on the sun lounger
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Holiday been so good we have extended it by a day, very happy kids
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    gorgeous here so walking the hound through the valley before a light weights sesh.

#countryside
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Think I will nip into town to chill a coffee and bacon sarnie. Then we'll take the hound to that thar countrysoide.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    that thar cointryside? sounds perfect.

find a pub and have a beer for me.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1

A beer?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    TLW1 wrote:

A beer?
    Perfect beer drinking conditions today, one beer for each of the MFs makes for several skinfuls.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

A beer?
    Perfect beer drinking conditions today, one beer for each of the MFs makes for several skinfuls.
    :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

A beer?
    :lol:
    You could benefit from developing multiple personalities I reckon :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sod the actual countryside, I'm going to walk the dog in my ersatz countryside 3/4 of a mile up the road. There's mud, trees, ponds, a brook, and wombles too.

I will remember my daughter as well, she would have been 16 today, and would have loved the sunny warm day.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sod the actual countryside, I'm going to walk the dog in my ersatz countryside 3/4 of a mile up the road. There's mud, trees, ponds, a brook, and wombles too.

I will remember my daughter as well, she would have been 16 today, and would have loved the sunny warm day.
    A truly sad thought for you :(
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:

:(
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, car is all nice an clean as are the bikes BBQ is go, cider is also a go, today is good
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    oxoman wrote:
    Eldest started to panic abitdriving from Snowdon through to bedgelert, double parking on countryside roads not nice to drive, at least he knows how wide his car is now.
    They should bring in border controls around Snowdon and deport people doing that kind of thing. Councils keep promising to do it but won't. Best one is people just stopping in the "main" road (A road that's just wide enough for 2 cars to pass) to look at a passing train.

Anyhow, went for a long run this morning, bumped into a few people I knew on the way and stopped for a chat which was nice. Legs dont hurt yet so i think its going to bite me tomorrow or monday.
    Gatecrashed a chaotic parkrun for a while and then been entertaining family with cafes and shops.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Take it easy Hoppy.

I 'as been mowstly riding my bike. Well, an hour. I meant to go flat but took a left turn instead. But my leg is still attached and everything seems to be stable. That's the first proper ride since the op.

Then I went for lunch far. far away where the waitresses and the owner of this particular food establishment are easy on the eye and the food is good.
    I had Brie, lettuce and tomato in flat bread, toasted with side salad followed by coffee and Apple shortbread.

I got back to news that Shorty has won a prize for colouring an Easter egg. She'll collect the prize tomorrow. Say 'Well done Shorty'.

Bits fell off my sunroof clamps on the porker. This dodgy old Teutonic plastic :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    yup - take it easy H3 - thoughts with you.

As always, here if you need.

m

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Hoppy, take it easy an remember the good times.

Pinno, got to try out the new toys for cleaning earlier. Rather impressed at the Auto Glanz bits especially the glaze which does some magic an hides scratches somehow. Shall obtain some photos tomorrow post pedal.

BBQ went well people cider consumed dont think anyone will have food poisoning, heres hoping!
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

I 'as been mowstly riding my bike. Well, an hour. I meant to go flat but took a left turn instead. But my leg is still attached and everything seems to be stable. That's the first proper ride since the op.

Then I went for lunch far. far away where the waitresses and the owner of this particular food establishment are easy on the eye and the food is good.

I got back to news that Shorty has won a prize for colouring an Easter egg. She'll collect the prize tomorrow. Say 'Well done Shorty'.

Bits fell off my sunroof....

Three bits of excellent news and a flashback to the 1980's when my dad's fiat uno had a sunroof. As far as I could tell, it just let more fag smoke out. Utterly pointless. :D
  • hopkinb
    WELL DONE SHORTY!
  • Matthewfalle
    Proper bike. I need one. Gonna get one. Imagine that with SR?

https://formigli.com/custom-bicycles/uriel/

#whatS3?
    #sneakitinthroughthebackpassage
    #selleverythingelsetofinanceit
    #neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedit
    #reallyannoytheclubbies
    #fluoroclothes

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    WELL DONE SHORTY!
    Plus egg
  • hopkinb

#whatS3?
    #reallyannoytheclubbies
    #fluoroclothes
    I could go for this. Etap. Proper wheels.
  • hopkinb
    Thanks all. I thought I'd post a couple of sights that cheered me up today. Mini disappearing out of shot in one of them.

20190420-153048.jpg
    20190420-152724.jpg
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    hopkinb wrote:
    Thanks all. I thought I'd post a couple of sights that cheered me up today. Mini disappearing out of shot in one of them.

20190420-153048.jpg
    20190420-152724.jpg
    Those are beautiful.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno, got to try out the new toys for cleaning earlier. Rather impressed at the Auto Glanz bits especially the glaze which does some magic an hides scratches somehow. Shall obtain some photos tomorrow post pedal.

Without first removing the scratch?
    Yes please - pics.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Three bits of excellent news and a flashback to the 1980's when my dad's fiat uno had a sunroof. As far as I could tell, it just let more fag smoke out. Utterly pointless. :D

I can take the sunroof off and put it in the boot. It's nice on a day like today but bloody noisy @ 70+.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

#whatS3?
    #reallyannoytheclubbies
    #fluoroclothes
    I could go for this. Etap. Proper wheels.

I think the blue is lovely. The review in Cyclist said they were mega - no comfort or any of that rubbish, just ultra stiff and ultra fast.

If I can sell some stuff I could be extremely tempted as it would pay for itself. Get it down to 4/5 bikes (N1, S3, Dirk, CX, gravel) and blue Formigli.

#utterlush,see

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.